• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official 2013 Modern Age Speculation Challenge

322 posts in this topic

I'm swamped like crazy at work the next couple of days, so my PMs and spreadsheet updating will be sporadic at best. But to give everyone a tease for the upcoming standings, most if not all of you aren't in first place.

We've got seven "participants" who have signed up but who have either not made their first purchases or who've only bought one comic.

If that sounds like you and you're still interested, let me know. Some of the people on my spreadsheet haven't even sent me a PM.

So if you're still interested in the contest, send me a note. I'm thinking that I'll just delete the people who haven't entered any purchases/sales by the end of the month. Anyone can enter the contest at any time, but I'd rather not have the bottom seven people on the rankings have $0 next to their names, especially if they aren't really interested. (shrug)

I've had a few winners I just haven't taken the time to buy books in separate transactions yet. For instance I've bought copies of Superior Spiderman 1 Hastings at cover and sold all four at 19.89 shipped.

It's just hard for me to ask for separate transactions when I usually pay with plastic and most shops have a minimum to run a card. I hate carrying cash because I get panhandled to so often and it's hard for me to say no if I have money on me.

I'll try to get the rankings updated and posted today. Too many participants have bought/sold books without fully updating me (or themselves, apparently). I want to make sure the standings are accurate before I post them so I don't need to change them this weekend.

Official Rankings

Rankings only include those who have sold their first two books.

Rankings are based on cash left in the bank. They do not factor in number of books sold, profit, etc.

The original purchase price is not factored into the amount paid or the current amount in the bank. I consider the initial $8 investment as a freebie for joining the contest.

Official Rankings for January 2013

1. THB ($328.98)

2. krighton ($169.76)

3. nismo350z ($154.75)

4. jjoseph7772 ($118.08)

5. Branget ($75.13)

6. mlydnes ($39.88)

7. Harry Rod ($18.89)

8. Flying Donut ($18.00)

9. manetteska ($3.06)

Interesting Tidbits

Most books purchased: 55

Most books sold: 25

Highest priced book purchased: $12.99

Highest priced book sold: $69.99

Best sale of initial two books: $39.88

Lowest sale of initial two books: $11.00

Multiple boardies have sold every book purchased.

One boardie has more than 30 books unsold.

Official Rankings

Rankings only include those who have sold their first two books.

Rankings are based on cash left in the bank. They do not factor in number of books sold, profit, etc.

The original purchase price is not factored into the amount paid or the current amount in the bank. I consider the initial $8 investment as a freebie for joining the contest.

Official Rankings for January 2013

1. THB ($328.98)

2. krighton ($169.76)

3. nismo350z ($154.75)

4. jjoseph7772 ($118.08)

5. Branget ($75.13)

6. mlydnes ($39.88)

7. Harry Rod ($18.89)

8. Flying Donut ($18.00)

9. manetteska ($3.06)

Interesting Tidbits

Most books purchased: 55

Most books sold: 25

Highest priced book purchased: $12.99

Highest priced book sold: $69.99

Best sale of initial two books: $39.88

Lowest sale of initial two books: $11.00

Multiple boardies have sold every book purchased.

One boardie has more than 30 books unsold.

Very interesting. Im falling behind. I think im the boardie with 30 books unsold. Actually more than that now. Who wants to buy some stuff lol

There is some serious competition i see.

If i was in it still, my thought bubble and #2 for cover upto $45 sold (good deal) would have been boss.

I may still jump in. My first purchase took the wind out of my sails.

did you get yours at flying colors also?

Oddly enough, yes, but not the one I sold.

I have found that flying colors comics are in the best shape, so those i keep to slab for my kids future. Any undercopies or duplicate are what i sell.

I got my PP 1 which came back 9.8 from flying colors, so i suspect that all my PP are in good shape for high grade slabs.