• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,818 posts in this topic

The best Spidey storyline since the 80s was hands down Sins of the Past. That is the only Spidey arc I have read and enjoyed since the McSpidey run as a kid. I loved the fact that it tarnished the myth of Gwen Stacy - it was great. :applause:

The real winner is....

Death of Jean De-Wolffe the Sin Eater Saga.

^^

Death of Jean DeWollfe and Kraven's Last Hunt are one and two and everything else is light years behind.

100% agree with this! As a reader of all 3 books as they came out when these 2 stories took place (as the death of Jean ran through Spec and Kraven ran through all 3), they were mind-blowing for a very young teen. What I thought was really cool is how they kept building up this relationship with Jean for a few years, next thing you know she's dead!

Jay

The best Spidey storyline since the 80s was hands down Sins of the Past. That is the only Spidey arc I have read and enjoyed since the McSpidey run as a kid. I loved the fact that it tarnished the myth of Gwen Stacy - it was great. :applause:

that was the most vile piece of trash to ever grace a Marvel comic - i pretty much gave up on the entire line after that travesty

The real winner is....

Death of Jean De-Wolffe the Sin Eater Saga.

^^

Death of Jean DeWollfe and Kraven's Last Hunt are one and two and everything else is light years behind.

100% agree with this! As a reader of all 3 books as they came out when these 2 stories took place (as the death of Jean ran through Spec and Kraven ran through all 3), they were mind-blowing for a very young teen. What I thought was really cool is how they kept building up this relationship with Jean for a few years, next thing you know she's dead!

Jay

I willl put ASM 230-231 vs Juggernaut as another person favorite maybe I rank that 3rd. Back in the days when super heroes had to work to beat the villain Spidey just plain lays it all on the line to beat this guy. I mean the ending actually worked didn't it? It was plausible.

Those are great comics.

I willl put ASM 230-231 vs Juggernaut as another person favorite maybe I rank that 3rd. Back in the days when super heroes had to work to beat the villain Spidey just plain lays it all on the line to beat this guy. I mean the ending actually worked didn't it? It was plausible.

that was the most vile piece of trash to ever grace a Marvel comic - i pretty much gave up on the entire line after that travesty

(thumbs u

And to kimik I’d say it has nothing to do with "fanboys" – I am not a "fanboy", let alone of Spidey, but such things just don’t make sense.

And Ennis' disputable taste satire (not only in Preacher) can be appreciated just if you know american recent history and "culture", and has nothing substantially enjoyable, let alone uplifting. Even one appreciating satire just laughs here and there. Not "artistic" by any means.

(thumbs u

And to kimik I’d say it has nothing to do with "fanboys" – I am not a "fanboy", let alone of Spidey, but such things just don’t make sense.

And Ennis' disputable taste satire (not only in Preacher) can be appreciated just if you know american recent history and "culture", and has nothing substantially enjoyable, let alone uplifting. Even one appreciating satire just laughs here and there. Not "artistic" by any means.

(thumbs u

To each their own. I liked both, you did not, fair enough.

Edited by kimik

So, where can reader copies of sought after Copper Marvel books can be found if you can’t browse dollar bin boxes (since you are overseas lol )? hm

I ask because there are some I’d like to have (like New Mutants #98, to complete my New Mutants collection) but not willing to pay much for them.

You are going to either find a cheap BIN on ebay or mannup and pay.

POS ASM 300's and NM 98's sell for $50+ on ebay all day long.

Thanks, but what is "POS"? "Mannup" is not so clear as well… lol

Piece of mess copies. Also known as Garbage copies. - In poor condition.

Mannup, better known as Man Up and more recently, "Sack Up" - Quit whining and pay the asking price for an UXM 266

It is very simple. Come to America with your overpriced Euros, turn them into [now almost worthless] dollars, and schedule your trip around a few comic conventions. Aside from San Diego or NYCC (though I did ok at NYCC this year in my brief time there) there will be cheap books to rummage through. If you look hard enough you will find cheap copies of these books -- except for NM 98, you can forget about that one --- and no way in hell you'll find even a beater of ASM 300 in even a $2 box...so, basically, come to america to find that elusive $2 beat-up copy of x-men 266. while you're at it, pick up some other stuff as well.

honestly, if i really had a krap copy to I'd just send it to you at this point, but i don't.

I found a 3.0 copy of ASM 300 in Chris Foss' $1 box at his Heroes & Dragons store last year. I've also found numerous UXM 266s (as wellas NM 98) at flea markets for under a dollar in the last year as well. If you search enough, you will find them.

I actually took a pic of the last NM 98 I found at a flea for Facebook. 7/1/12

521876_493986470626860_1823863840_n.jpg

Edited by TAFKADixie

So you're a quitter?

Preacher #1 in NM @ $91 & an astounding 105 watchers plus 22 bids. http://bit.ly/1egadPa

Apparently AMC has decided to make it into a hit TV Show. Place your bets on how high this will go!

I think most of us consider Preacher #1 to be a modern . . . :whistle:

Chromium age

h/t to Paper Airplane

Edited by awakeintheashes

Preacher #1 in NM @ $91 & an astounding 105 watchers plus 22 bids. http://bit.ly/1egadPa

Apparently AMC has decided to make it into a hit TV Show. Place your bets on how high this will go!

I think most of us consider Preacher #1 to be a modern . . . :whistle:

Only the old fogeys who don't realize that the modern age started with Ultimate Spider-Man #1 :grin:

:baiting: