• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

Thanks. Got it as well in the CDN newstand variant I think. If not, it should not be difficult to find out here. Most collections I pick up have most/all of the newsstand price variants in the respective runs.

I picked up three copies today for $1 each in Downtown Toronto lol

Not hard to find. Has potential for growth.

Caught on to BG 1 over a year ago. Was around a $200+ book in 9.8. Although I have found many copies, only a couple were 9.8 worthy. A tough book in 9.8 down here fellas....

What is the first appearance of Booster Gold?

Also, DC Presents #26 is the first Cyborg, right?

Sorry, I can't find my stupid OSPG after I started cleaning the comic room/office last weekend.

Yes and yes.

I really wish DCP #26 didn't have that NTT preview in it and the first appearance would of ended up being NTT #1. I bet it would go for a lot more the DCP 26 does if it did.

I personally find it odd that DCCP # 26 is considered the first app. of the New Teen Titans. Doesnt it fall under the same " preview" umbrella as all the other previews that nobody cares about/argues against being a 1st app?

Agents # 6 is a preview of walking dead , Rick is in that preview ( cgc calls it a preview of walking dead )

Walking dead # 1 is listed as Rick Grimes 1st app by cgc.

DCCP # 26 ( cgc calls this 1st app of NTT in preview , huh?)

New teen Titans # 1 ( cgc gives a BLANK for description, huh? )

People pay money for CGC, I understand they are in the service of grading books, but if they are going to continue to put this information on books, they need to understand that people are paying for these " credits" and they need to start being consistant.

Edited by Silverdream

Sorry, I can't find my stupid OSPG after I started cleaning the comic room/office last weekend.

Yes and yes.

I really wish DCP #26 didn't have that NTT preview in it and the first appearance would of ended up being NTT #1. I bet it would go for a lot more the DCP 26 does if it did.

I personally find it odd that DCCP # 26 is considered the first app. of the New Teen Titans. Doesnt it fall under the same " preview" umbrella as all the other previews that nobody cares about/argues against being a 1st app?

Agents # 6 is a preview of walking dead , Rick is in that preview ( cgc calls it a preview of walking dead )

People pay money for CGC, I understand they are in the service of grading books, but if they are going to continue to put this information on books, they need to understand that people are paying for these " credits" and they need to start being consistant.

It's kinda hard to ignore a 16-page story.

Yes and yes.

It's kinda hard to ignore a 16-page story.

6 pages vs. 16 pages. Both would be considered a first appearance if we are talking about a new character in a regular books storyline.

1-2 page previews you might be able to use this argument as those could be considered " Cameos" , but not here.

I went digging trying to find my copy of DCCP#26 but cant atm, it is the same story as NTT# 1 correct?

Im sure if I tried I could find other 16 page previews from around that time ( dc did this a lot back in the early 80's ) that Cgc ignores as a first app. Im sure there are 7-15 page previews that are ignored as well. Im just curious as why this one is different.

Im really not trying to start a trend away from this book, Im really just trying to figure out why this " preview" is a 1st app, and others are not. Page count doesnt really make sense. It's still a preview, and most previews are long enough to get an idea of the type of book they are trying to push sales on, 4-8 pages normally, which in most cases will qualify is a first appearance.

DCP #26 contains an original story. Does Agents #6 have an original story, or does it just feature the first few pages of the first issue of WD #1?

Ah, there you have it, you answered my question RMA. I thought of that and went digging but I could not find it.

Agents 6 is the first 6 pages of WD # 1.

It makes much more sense to call DCCP # 26 a 1st appearance with an original story.

I still have trouble completely accepting it, but I suppose I can let it go!

Edited by Silverdream

It makes much more sense to call DCCP # 26 a 1st appearance with an original story.

I still have trouble completely accepting it, but I suppose I can let it go!

It's most probably because of all the Modern Age confusion over 1st appearances. What with The Goon, Walking Dead and Invincible having previews leading up to the actual appearance. So it is easy to assume this was the norm for comics over the years.

New Teen Titans in DC Comics Presents #26 is pretty cut-and-dry.

Over the last couple of months, I picked up a couple Booster Gold 1s for a buck a piece. One is a newsstand copy.

I grabbed one for a buck today also, along with a bunch of ASM, Valiant Preunities/late issues.