• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

NM Annual 2 is another one of those 80s Marvel keys with damaged upper right corners. Have to be careful when buying/selling that book raw. Although CGC seems to be rather forgiving when they are graded.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mutants-Annual-2-CGC-9-8-SSx3-Stan-Lee-Claremont-Davis-1st-Psylocke-/261417249878?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3cddaeac56&nma=true&si=EiIU6F4h9DOyXr66Uqi157KbDBs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Jezz, is CGC just giving out 9.8s these days?

According to my latest Modern submission, not no but hell no. :facepalm:

A cameo can NEVER be a 1st appearance because the term 'cameo' refers to an appearance of a KNOWN character.

Except it doesn't have to be a previously known or introduced character.

See MoS 17. See X-Factor 5. And on and on and on.

You're confusing CGC label notes with reality. ;)

Cameos? 1st App? Which Is which? who cares as long as people overpay what I'm selling :roflmao:

NM Annual 2 is another one of those 80s Marvel keys with damaged upper right corners. Have to be careful when buying/selling that book raw. Although CGC seems to be rather forgiving when they are graded.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mutants-Annual-2-CGC-9-8-SSx3-Stan-Lee-Claremont-Davis-1st-Psylocke-/261417249878?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3cddaeac56&nma=true&si=EiIU6F4h9DOyXr66Uqi157KbDBs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Jezz, is CGC just giving out 9.8s these days?

I think the book is ugly as well, and would never purchase it.

However, and I cannot beleive I am defending a book with those defects, in a holder with that grade.... but here we go.

CGC looks at entire runs of each paticular book, and if it is determined that there were defects caused by the printer such as bindery tears it wont really affect the grade until you are talking 9.9 and 10's. Apparently, CGC feels the defect is common enough in high grade to let it pass.

What really bothers me about this book is the Color breaking staple stress at the bottom stable.

I can understand this, however I see two problems with this: 1) it creates a disparity between different books of the same grade (a 9.8 that doesn't have any flaws compared with a 9.8 that does), and 2) are the earliest-graded books disadvantaged in that they don't receive the same leniencies of later-graded books once the common defects have been factored into the grading.

You both should be flogged for quoting that monstrosity for a face palm and a one-liner.

:sumo:

Over-quoting is my own personal version of social network over-sharing. It makes a lot of people angry and uncomfortable but I do it nevertheless...

I've tried 4 times already to get a 9.8 of that book and no go :frustrated:

Lots of bindery and spine issues with that book due to its thickness and cover stock. A real nightmare if you want a perfect book.

Lots of bindery and spine issues with that book due to its thickness and cover stock. A real nightmare if you want a perfect book.

I've been lucky 2 for 2 on 9.8's. I have a few more sitting in boxes that I may try to send in...

! I picked up a 365 in 9.8 on eBay a few years ago for about $30 because I thought it might be worth having the first appearance. Eventually sold it for not much more than that, when I narrowed my focus and did some collection weeding. Suffice to say, I'm surprised by the asking price now. Another example of my remarkable short-sightedness!

F For Fake - always picks a winner...and then proceeds to sell it way, way too soon.

I got lucky and picked up 10 sweet copies of ASM 365 in an online auction last year for a song. But most of them have 1 spine stress mark that breaks color.

hm hm

Amazing Spider-Man #365 (NM- to NM+) Extremely Hard & Rare Variant White Non-Hologram cover!!! This is quite possibly the most RAREST of all Amazing Spider-Man Series ever! How rare??? There's only a few less than a doz n of I've searched for a decade this was the only other copy I recently acquired by an seller unknowing of how Rare this Issue is! This is the Rarest Variant ASM MISTAKE Cover ever! The Holy Grail of All ASM comics ever even rarer than #700 1:200 or AF#15 in A 9.0 CGC Grade!!! If not sold this yr I plan on having this Perfect Gem rare Diamond of ASM#365 graded at CGC in Jan n put it in my trophy Case!!! To the one who owns this has the Most rarest ASM COMIC EVER in the History of comics! I researched n tracked this comic for 10yrs n Proud to own it n spoils go to the winner of this Unique Rarity in the Comics World!!! Enjoy. ;)

:roflmao: