• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

which begs the question...why the F wasn't I hunting down BA 12 15 years ago when it was a 50 cent box book when I KNEW there was a band of hard core lunatics into the character even back then!??!?!

Same thing with me. My all knowing and always pleasant brother Kevin76 was telling me two years ago to start buying this issue. And like everything he says :blahblah:, I ignored it.

I think the reasons we do this is simple. One is pure laziness on our part. The other one is that mentality that it's around all the time, we take it for granted. We think "It's everywhere and it will be be"......It's like when you're looking for a certain book and you can't find it anywhere. You want it more......Same principle, only in reverse of course

You should kick him hard in the nards next time you see him for not buying you a stack of 20 BA #12s as a B-day or X-mas gift when they were $1 bin books....... lol

I really wish there were back issue stores in Los Angeles. No one carries this stuff. No one! You people, with your well-stocked back issues stores that you can pop in and buy 37 NM/M copies of Omega Men #17...you be thankful, hear?

:sumo:

I'm surprised we haven't had any 'Rule of 25' talks regarding some of the heat of these books. It's around that time, and maybe some issues just needed more time than others...

Patience, young Jedi.

Movie and TV hype pushes the Rule of 25 down, eats it lunch, and then berates it, Kevin76 style.

:signfunny::roflmao:

I really wish there were back issue stores in Los Angeles. No one carries this stuff. No one! You people, with your well-stocked back issues stores that you can pop in and buy 37 NM/M copies of Omega Men #17...you be thankful, hear?

What's up with Omega Men #17?

except the character is nowhere near as popular as Harley

Harley Quinn started out a rock star and has just maintained? I don't think so.

Neither of the users you quoted made a statement anywhere close to that effect so I'm not sure what you are getting at here.

If you are insinuating that Livewire has the chance to become the next Harley Quinn I can't help you there either.

Read that again. As people stated, BA 12 was in the $1 bin or less. Who knows what future a character holds. In 10 years people may care less about Harley, doubtful, but hey, anything can happen and everyone wants the next Harley and Walking Dead book.

I don't need to read it again, I wrote it. You're putting words in my mouth. I never stated "Harley Quinn started out a rock star and has just maintained" or anything similar to that. The price for Harley Quinn's first appearance slowly increased in value and saw a spike last year because of her popularity and use across a variety of mediums.

That doesn't describe the Livewire situation, its not even remotely the same thing. A DC villain who made their first appearance in an Animated Universe book. That is the extent of the character's similarities. Nobody can come up with a single marginally legitimate reason for SA 5 to be commanding the money it has the past few weeks. Its all smoke and mirrors the result of internet hype. Comparing the book to BA 12 is foolish. This isn't about what the character COULD become in terms of popularity down the road. Its about why you shouldn't be paying those prices now.

I think it's a trick...where did you get those ashcans again, a warehouse? A lot of the LCS's around here don't have older stuff anymore, but they've been good to me grabbing hot books (and cheap back issues) put out in the last ten years.

I think it's a trick...where did you get those ashcans again, a warehouse? A lot of the LCS's around here don't have older stuff anymore, but they've been good to me grabbing hot books (and cheap back issues) put out in the last ten years.

Okay. Just wanted to double check as I can probably land 10 or so copies of OM #17 if there is something to it....... lol

Geez, I've been to four LCSes that have decent back stock overall and none of them had an issue of Superman Adventures. Any issue at all. Talked to two of the owners and they said they used to order a couple of copies a month and nobody ever bought them, never had anyone ask about the title since.

So maybe it's not so easy to find.

I hit one LCS on Wednesday that has all sorts of stuff in the bins and I pulled a Supes Advs #5 and Action #835 for $3 apiece. This is the same place I nabbed a BA #12 for $4 last summer. The LCS that keeps on giving...... :cloud9:

I hit one LCS on Wednesday that has all sorts of stuff in the bins and I pulled a Supes Advs #5 and Action #835 for $3 apiece. This is the same place I nabbed a BA #12 for $4 last summer. The LCS that keeps on giving...... :cloud9:

:applause:

Here are some more of my predictions for the next 5 years!

Action 894

Batman 497

Gen13 1

Sandman 69

Omega Men 3 (get'em while they are still cheap)

Edited by Kevin76