• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,817 posts in this topic

Well we will have to see if that sale becomes a trend or remains an anomaly. There is/was only one other auction for a raw copy of that book on eBay when the trailer was released and NBC made it known they had ordered a full season of episodes and the book is mid-grade.

I would have to think Gotham Central #1 eventually does the same thing in regards to a full season of Gotham being picked up by Fox, but that discussion belongs in the modern subforum.

Hellblazer #1 :acclaim:

Profit is profit but I definitely would have had that graded and dumped it when the tv show premiered. I'm all for a quick turnover on raw books but I would have made an exception here.

Well we will have to see if that sale becomes a trend or remains an anomaly. There is/was only one other auction for a raw copy of that book on eBay when the trailer was released and NBC made it known they had ordered a full season of episodes and the book is mid-grade.

I would have to think Gotham Central #1 eventually does the same thing in regards to a full season of Gotham being picked up by Fox, but that discussion belongs in the modern subforum.

Hellblazer #1 :acclaim:

Profit is profit but I definitely would have had that graded and dumped it when the tv show premiered. I'm all for a quick turnover on raw books but I would have made an exception here.

Gotta buy them groceries . . . lol

1st season will either be on DVD or cancelled by the time you got it back from CGC right now.

Edited by ygogolak

Where the hell have I been?! Last ASM 300 ebay sale was $1000! Had no idea.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-300-CGC-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-/281318083945?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item417fdd4d69

I noticed that too. There was one listed for $950 yesterday and it sold right away. It had been hanging around the $800 area for a while.

Yeah, I was the seller on the $950 one. Got multiple offers on it in the first few hours, even though I wasn't really fielding offers, but someone snagged it at full price. I sold a 9.6 not that long ago on ebay for $375. Certainly a book on the uptick.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-300-CGC-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-/281318083945?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item417fdd4d69

I noticed that too. There was one listed for $950 yesterday and it sold right away. It had been hanging around the $800 area for a while.

Yeah, I was the seller on the $950 one. Got multiple offers on it in the first few hours, even though I wasn't really fielding offers, but someone snagged it at full price. I sold a 9.6 not that long ago on ebay for $375. Certainly a book on the uptick.

Looks to be that way. Congrats on the sale.

I'm not sure what to call it, a buyers or sellers market. The last time we saw Venom on the screen he sucked. If Marvel was making the movie then I would hold. Seeing that book being sold at that price has me thinking hard.

I'm not sure what to call it, a buyers or sellers market. The last time we saw Venom on the screen he sucked. If Marvel was making the movie then I would hold. Seeing that book being sold at that price has me thinking hard.

The book has strong interest in all grades, and I wouldn't be shocked when Venom is announced in the next Spidey movie (and in his own spin-off movie), that the book in 9.8 climbs into the $1,200-$1,500 range.

1st season will either be on DVD or cancelled by the time you got it back from CGC right now.

:roflmao:

There are plenty of copies out there, close to 5000 copies graded and whole bunch of mint graded, don't think the movie news has a lot of effects on the price like other movie-comic issues. Just too many copies and it is modern.

me too, I apparently have a bunch of those, not so many 266ses

well i went through the 4 longies of cheapo-o books on the floor of my LCS and found winter world 2 and 3 in there. i have probably ignored them for the last 3 months and someone else got the #1. i see they're worth about what i paid for them on ebay though.