• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,854 posts in this topic

Here are some more of my predictions for the next 5 years!

Action 894

Batman 497

Gen13 1

Sandman 69

Omega Men 3 (get'em while they are still cheap)

I agree with OM3. There's a jillion 9.8 worthy copies out there, ala Man o Steel 18, but unbelievably , no 9.9 or 10. (shrug) I'm always looking. Besides, clowns in purple pajamas are freaking awesome!

I hit one LCS on Wednesday that has all sorts of stuff in the bins and I pulled a Supes Advs #5 and Action #835 for $3 apiece. This is the same place I nabbed a BA #12 for $4 last summer. The LCS that keeps on giving...... :cloud9:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I hate you. lol

I hit one LCS on Wednesday that has all sorts of stuff in the bins and I pulled a Supes Advs #5 and Action #835 for $3 apiece. This is the same place I nabbed a BA #12 for $4 last summer. The LCS that keeps on giving...... :cloud9:

I paid $2 each for mine 6 months ago, I said if livewire ever takes off, people are gonna be looking for these.

I paid $2 each for mine 6 months ago, I said if livewire ever takes off, people are gonna be looking for these.

I hate you, regardless. :baiting:

I didnt know if youre serious about these or not. I literally have a box full of 9.8 raws, probably 30-40. I picked em up for chump change so maybe I'll hold on to em for a bit instead of selling them now.

Edited by amnesiac

I didnt know if youre serious about these or not. I literally have a box full of 9.8 raws, probably 30-40. I picked em up for chump change so maybe I'll hold on to em for a bit instead of selling them now.

Comb the lot for a possible 9.9. Like adventurers 1 in 10.0, its become a quest of mine.

Geez, I've been to four LCSes that have decent back stock overall and none of them had an issue of Superman Adventures. Any issue at all. Talked to two of the owners and they said they used to order a couple of copies a month and nobody ever bought them, never had anyone ask about the title since.

So maybe it's not so easy to find.

Probably long-grabbed by someone else in this thread. :)

I think a lot of those books Kevin mentioned have a ceiling due to print runs. Batman 497 for example must have a gazillion copies...

I think a lot of those books Kevin mentioned have a ceiling due to print runs. Batman 497 for example must have a gazillion copies...

Hulk 181 has a ceiling. Print runs don't really matter, but Batman getting his back broken? That's a key book. Yes I am serious about this list otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. It's also 90's nostalgia.

A lot of you guys have a hard time wrapping your head around high priced copper/early modern age books.

I would literally buy that whole box off of you and I can't stand Lobo.

Action 894

Batman 497

Gen13 1

Sandman 69

Why Batman 497? Hasn't that ship already sailed with he last movie. And the fact they printed a billion of them doesn't help its cause.

Never mind. Saw above post. Interesting theory, though I disagree.

Edited by Paper Airplane

Action 894 Variant only

Batman 497

Gen13 1 Deathmate Black ( Gold Variant )

Sandman 69

Omega Men 3 (get'em while they are still cheap) add Omega Men 2. it prints the cover to issue 3 in the back.

This should fix this list.

Action 894 Variant only

Batman 497

Sandman 69

Omega Men 3 (get'em while they are still cheap) add Omega Men 2. it prints the cover to issue 3 in the back.

hm omega men 2... A TMNT 1 situation?

Print runs don't really matter, but Batman getting his back broken? That's a key book.

If it was permanent and not just a bump in the road for Batman it would be. But its been 20 years and they even made a movie about it, and the market still doesn't seem to care.

Hulk 181 has a ceiling. Print runs don't really matter, but Batman getting his back broken? That's a key book. Yes I am serious about this list otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. It's also 90's nostalgia.

A lot of you guys have a hard time wrapping your head around high priced copper/early modern age books.

Print runs do matter. The fact is, it takes a lot for most people to go digging to find and sell theirs, and I would venture that most do not pay attention as closely as we do here. I have over 200 NM copies of Bats 497 and that is by accident. I could kill any kind of price increase for over a month if I decided to, and Im one person. Smart dealers are now holding onto their hoards tighter as well. Why would they flood the market and kill the value? You may see an increase in even the highest printed books, but that doesnt mean its justified. It means someone who doesnt have the book, doesnt care about saving $5 to find a comic store with a .50 or $1 bin.

Any book with a print run over 500k or so will have problems picking up steam. Yes there will be an exception here and there, but those exceptions will almost certainly be closer to the 400-600k print run area than the 700k+ runs.

Price is always affected by supply and demand ( a ceiling normally occurs when there is either enough supply to stablilze a price point or, the supply is limited enough the price climbs to a point where only a few can afford it) WD is a good example. Tiny print run, one of the most popular comics related properties ever. It should be worth more, but average people cannot afford it. The demand is lowered because even though MANY people want WD#1 they cannot afford it, so they cannot create the demand by purchasing it, even though they would if they could.

The problem with 80's and early 90's books getting hot is, while the massive supply is known, it is not readily availible. Long boxes are sitting in storage units and back of stores all over the country with hundreds of copies of some of these books. I am not saying a book with a 500K print run cannot increase in value, what im saying is a book with that type of print run can inflate in price due to artificially low supply, that WILL correct itself over time, and that timeframe could be a week or a year.

Understand that I am not talking about books like NM 98 that had Print runs closer to the 200k area. Also, please do not compare a bronze age mega key, with decades of interest behind it, to copper or moderns increases in value because of movie news. As ive said, we first must see what happens when the full supply is realized, that only happens when people have the incentive to go find them.

Action 894 Variant only

Batman 497

Sandman 69

I would collect Omega Men #37 before I would burn up a large amount of cash on Omega Men #2.

'Partners' involves Lobo under contract against Bedlam, his former partner. This contains the 1st solo Lobo story. Written by Todd Klein, plot and art by Keith Giffen. And it has quite the nice cover from Shawn McManus.

Omega_Men_Vol_1_37.jpg

Print runs do matter. The fact is, it takes a lot for most people to go digging to find and sell theirs, and I would venture that most do not pay attention as closely as we do here. I have over 200 NM copies of Bats 497 and that is by accident. I could kill any kind of price increase for over a month if I decided to, and Im one person. Smart dealers are now holding onto their hoards tighter as well. Why would they flood the market and kill the value? You may see an increase in even the highest printed books, but that doesnt mean its justified. It means someone who doesnt have the book, doesnt care about saving $5 to find a comic store with a .50 or $1 bin.

Any book with a print run over 500k or so will have problems picking up steam. Yes there will be an exception here and there, but those exceptions will almost certainly be closer to the 400-600k print run area than the 700k+ runs.

Price is always affected by supply and demand ( a ceiling normally occurs when there is either enough supply to stablilze a price point or, the supply is limited enough the price climbs to a point where only a few can afford it) WD is a good example. Tiny print run, one of the most popular comics related properties ever. It should be worth more, but average people cannot afford it. The demand is lowered because even though MANY people want WD#1 they cannot afford it, so they cannot create the demand by purchasing it, even though they would if they could.

The problem with 80's and early 90's books getting hot is, while the massive supply is known, it is not readily availible. Long boxes are sitting in storage units and back of stores all over the country with hundreds of copies of some of these books. I am not saying a book with a 500K print run cannot increase in value, what im saying is a book with that type of print run can inflate in price due to artificially low supply, that WILL correct itself over time, and that timeframe could be a week or a year.

Understand that I am not talking about books like NM 98 that had Print runs closer to the 200k area. Also, please do not compare a bronze age mega key, with decades of interest behind it, to copper or moderns increases in value because of movie news. As ive said, we first must see what happens when the full supply is realized, that only happens when people have the incentive to go find them.

paging RMA. :)