• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

Does anyone think the market will ever reflect Marvel GN Series 17 as the first appearance of Apocalypse? It seems as if all the cheap copies have dried up on Ebay. Because of the retcon I am hesitant to buy into this one. Same goes for Jessica Jones but that discussion belongs in a different forum I guess.

go on about Jessica Jones a little bit please.

I've been chasing high-grade copies for a year. Tough to find. Just an iconic cover. Modern classic.

Think I gots me a couple-two-three . . . :whistle: Just love this place. :)

And I just found a nice copy that I had too. :)

The search list keeps getting longer and longer. lol

I like that WW cover. I've got a nice copy tucked away too. Good to see it getting some market love!

Yes, Monolith.

From what I understand he is not shown anywhere, maybe in a shadow. With that being said I'm not sure it's worthy of a change if you can even be sure it's him. What's next, the human hand from Web of SM #18 is a cameo for Eddie Brock?

Isn't it? hm

I think CGC lables it "First Eddie Brock fingernail".

Which fingernail variant? I have them with red, blue and green fingernails in addition to normal.......

I was more than happy to pay a dollar for one yesterday...

And thus the WW 72 will come down in price so soon buyers can rejoice as supply will increase. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

Yes, it will. It has been up in price for a while though.

And thus the WW 72 will come down in price so soon buyers can rejoice as supply will increase. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

The only WW comics I would ever purchase are Bolland covers.

Say whaaat?! :screwy:

a876bf77-61fc-425f-b963-93301ff83003_zpsaeeb3f33.jpg

97b01115-3385-453c-b2b3-1dfe10630c93_zpsdf6ef8bb.jpg

Edited by ygogolak

Yep, love them all! :grin:

Say whaaat?! :screwy:

a876bf77-61fc-425f-b963-93301ff83003_zpsaeeb3f33.jpg

97b01115-3385-453c-b2b3-1dfe10630c93_zpsdf6ef8bb.jpg

This is the COPPER thread . . . :baiting:

Does anyone think the market will ever reflect Marvel GN Series 17 as the first appearance of Apocalypse? It seems as if all the cheap copies have dried up on Ebay. Because of the retcon I am hesitant to buy into this one. Same goes for Jessica Jones but that discussion belongs in a different forum I guess.

Might as well go back further to Moon Knight # 1

http://www.comiccrusaders.com/defines-comic-characters-1st-appearance/

i like the article but everyone knows the black costume Appeared in an issue of amazing heroes well before any other comic ;)

:o

hm

hm

hm

hm

How could those get any traction at all? Sabah is a pretty common and popular Arabic/Muslim name. Does this mean if someone can find a copy of a book where a character is named "Logan" that could possibly be an even earlier appearance of Wolverine? What about some teenager named Peter in an Atlas monster book? True first appearance of Spider-Man?

9t0ix.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

How could those get any traction at all? Sabah is a pretty common and popular Arabic/Muslim name. Does this mean if someone can find a copy of a book where a character is named "Logan" that could possibly be an even earlier appearance of Wolverine? What about some teenager named Peter in an Atlas monster book? True first appearance of Spider-Man?

9t0ix.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

hm

hm

hm

So we're just going to randomly go back and determine that anyone potentially an ancient Egyptian might be Apocalypse? Even though we know for a fact that Apocalypse was supposed to be the Owl right up until X-Factor 5 was published? Pretty unlikely that he made any appearances months or years in advance.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2006/03/16/comic-book-urban-legends-revealed-42/3/

Still, it's possible the guy with the tall hat standing behind Reed is the first cover appearance of Apocalypse!

1282279.jpg