• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

Wow this is disgraceful! What a .... :censored: I opened up the bid history same user kept repeat bidding driving it up. Clearly the seller with a rogue account! I feel bad for the buyer :( poor guy.

(in regards to the x-factor 24 comment posted earlier)

Edited by maidenmate91

Wow this is disgraceful! What a .... :censored: I opened up the bid history same user kept repeat bidding driving it up. Clearly the seller with a rogue account! I feel bad for the buyer :( poor guy.

(in regards to the x-factor 24 comment posted earlier)

Yes, it's referred to as shilling, or a shill account.

That high placeholder bid seems suspicious to me as well. Might just be a case of someone using multiple accounts as bidder and shill bidder to move the market?

That high placeholder bid seems suspicious to me as well. Might just be a case of someone using multiple accounts as bidder and shill bidder to move the market?

Yes, as someone pointed out it's a very high bid for the winner either way. Could be an attempt to sway the market, but one bid won't do that. I only found it trying to sell one of my own trying to see what they were currently selling for.

Yes, as someone pointed out it's a very high bid for the winner either way. Could be an attempt to sway the market, but one bid won't do that. I only found it trying to sell one of my own trying to see what they were currently selling for.

The (1) feedback multi-bidder is an obvious shill; the other bidder is a fool. "Sway the market"? You guys watch too much TV. Fortunes are not made on X-Factor 24s. lol

The (1) feedback multi-bidder is an obvious shill; the other bidder is a fool. "Sway the market"? You guys watch too much TV. Fortunes are not made on X-Factor 24s. lol

What if you had 1,000 of them?

I would sell them very slowly.

that's the magic of the interweb and a relatively common book. it's pretty hard to trick the market, at least for more than a couple of days. it's not like 20 years ago when making a few hundred calls to comic shops frantically asking whether they have issue ___ (thus causing the dealer to mark up all of his copies of issue ___) and a dealer or two writing into Wizard or the overstreet monthly saying "__ is selling for $10 a pop all day long" could actually move market perceptions.

What is the market like for Bone #1 1st prints these days? I picked up a copy in a collection and am debating whether to hold or sell.

I think it's depressed, but will defer to someone else. I've picked up a #1 2nd for $10 recently.

I don't know, I think first print Bone issues are something that collectors will still get giddy over. I saw a bad copy (5.0ish) at Special Edition NY that was sold for $500 and the buyer was giddy about getting.

Another dealer had a graded 5.5 on display and he said it was display on (he would never part with that, he said, just because it took him so long to find a copy).

It just seemed like people were pouncing on Bone issues at the con.

What is the market like for Bone #1 1st prints these days? I picked up a copy in a collection and am debating whether to hold or sell.

I think it's depressed, but will defer to someone else. I've picked up a #1 2nd for $10 recently.

I don't know, I think first print Bone issues are something that collectors will still get giddy over. I saw a bad copy (5.0ish) at Special Edition NY that was sold for $500 and the buyer was giddy about getting.

Another dealer had a graded 5.5 on display and he said it was display on (he would never part with that, he said, just because it took him so long to find a copy).

It just seemed like people were pouncing on Bone issues at the con.

I am going to get my copy graded and see what happens. It was one of the modern gems from a collection I snagged last year that the owner bought on a whim. Unfortunately, there is also a lot of drek from Eclipse and other indie publishers that he purchased as well. lol

You do not even need that many - a stack of 20 or so would be fine to play the game with. All the seller has to do is fraudulently move a few copies at uber high prices and the rest of the market would follow. Look at Jimmy and his Scalped #43 sale to see how easy it is to make the sheeple jump on things.

You do not even need that many - a stack of 20 or so would be fine to play the game with. All the seller has to do is fraudulently move a few copies at uber high prices and the rest of the market would follow. Look at Jimmy and his Scalped #43 sale to see how easy it is to make the sheeple jump on things.

That was a supply and demand scenario. There are plenty of X-Factor 24's available online at current market price. It would be too difficult to try and control a book like that, that is already know to be a key. Scalped had no interest before the alleged appearance.

That was a supply and demand scenario. There are plenty of X-Factor 24's available online at current market price. It would be too difficult to try and control a book like that, that is already know to be a key. Scalped had no interest before the alleged appearance.

No. It was all me apparently.

No. It was all me apparently.

(worship)

I'd call that heavily speculated, not confirmed......

I feel that everyone figured that he had a shot at being in this next movie, especially after the rumors of Superman "dying" in the film.

Weird part is it actually gets me less excited for this movie now.

right, someone didn't read the article

He's gonna be in it....

But okay. I will retract confirmed and say reliable sources have seen movie designs.

Grumpy Copper people.

right, someone didn't read the article

He's gonna be in it....

But okay. I will retract confirmed and say reliable sources have seen movie designs.

Grumpy Copper people.

For crying out loud lmao.....Doomsday was practically the ONLY easter egg spelled out in the friggin Blu-ray release of MOS.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/11/09/man-of-steel-blu-ray-extras-hint-at-death-of-superman-wayne-enterprises/

If that doesn't scream "DOOMSDAY IS COMING" I don't know what does. Total full metal spoon feeding....thus endeth the speculation controversy.