• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

covered in splooge.

Is that like "drek"? (shrug)

If there isn't a comic called Splooge & Drek I'm callin' it. They will be the anti-Quantum & Woody-two super-villain step-brother's who team up and set out to murder each others biological fathers who have both given up lives of crime to become the last two global super-heroes. I'm going to hold Doug Mahnke to gun point so that each page is perfect and then pitch it to Image. Those fools will print anything.

Edited by MrWeen

Wow, nice payout on a book with that severe a misalignment (worship)

Did you grade it at 7.5?

MCS gives the grade on the books they receive. They are very strict too.

Yeah MCS gives the grade, I had it as a 9.2 but I wasn't sure how CGC would hit the misalignment. It failed a 9.6 prescreen but I thought 7.5 was pretty brutal.

Did you grade it at 7.5?

Yeah MCS gives the grade, I had it as a 9.2 but I wasn't sure how CGC would hit the misalignment. It failed a 9.6 prescreen but I thought 7.5 was pretty brutal.

MCS is brutal. But hey, at least they offered me a solid $16 on an ASM 300 8.5

Did you grade it at 7.5?

MCS is brutal. But hey, at least they offered me a solid $16 on an ASM 300 8.5

:o

Did you grade it at 7.5?

And that's exactly why I don't send books to them. Strict is good but I think they're too strict.

Did you grade it at 7.5?

And that's exactly why I don't send books to them. Strict is good but I think they're too strict.

So you're saying it's a buyer's paradise..... hm

Did you grade it at 7.5?

So you're saying it's a buyer's paradise..... hm

That's why some books sell at higher prices than ebay. People know the grade low and therefore can slab it and get a higher grade and flip.

Did you grade it at 7.5?

That sounds like a drastic reaction to the days when they were considered soft graders

Seems relevant. Here's a recent 8.5 from MCS.

My opinion on the grade in spoilers.

I put it at a 9.2 with impending press/slab grade of 9.4 probably even 9.6. As high as the very small CB corner crease on the bc will let it go.

hulk271_zps78d2d4b7.jpg

70e47a53-1d48-47d5-afa2-9fd6f8d71947_zps0b493661.jpg

MCS has strict grading?

I bought about 10 Conan The Barbarian books from then since I've head so many wonderful things about their grading, All books were "NM+" The books showed up with multiple color breaking spine creases and small bends on the corners, along with surface wear. I mailed them back for a refund. No idea what others are seeing. I'll sell there though

MCS has strict grading?

I bought about 10 Conan The Barbarian books from then since I've head so many wonderful things about their grading, All books were "NM+" The books showed up with multiple color breaking spine creases and small bends on the corners, along with surface wear. I mailed them back for a refund. No idea what others are seeing. I'll sell there though

Well I bet the problems you are talking about didn't happen in transit. They pack well. Also they will refund you if you aren't satisfied. I've bought plenty from them and they are often accurate with their grading.

MCS has strict grading?

Well I bet the problems you are talking about didn't happen in transit. They pack well. Also they will refund you if you aren't satisfied. I've bought plenty from them and they are often accurate with their grading.

I had a book that was called NM+ to NM/MT by me and the reputable boardie I bought it from, and they called it a VF+. That's just one of dozens of examples of their grading.

Seems relevant. Here's a recent 8.5 from MCS.

My opinion on the grade in spoilers.

I put it at a 9.2 with impending press/slab grade of 9.4 probably even 9.6. As high as the very small CB corner crease on the bc will let it go.

hulk271_zps78d2d4b7.jpg

70e47a53-1d48-47d5-afa2-9fd6f8d71947_zps0b493661.jpg

That edge stress at the top is going to knock it down a bit, no?

MCS has strict grading?

I had a similar experience. I bought a batch of books from them on eBay to fill some holes in my Valiant collection. I had to return about half of them for being overgraded, and they didn't refund me in full for return shipping as they claim they will.

One "Near Mint" book had a number of color-breaking corner creases and was roughed up in a few other areas. One "Very Fine" book had a pretty pronounced rolled spine

I get the impression that at MCS, $10-and-up books (picking a random cutoff) with scans are graded much tighter, and perhaps by different people entirely.

Seems like I've read a number of complaints here about their grading on 'filler' books, and I do find them believable... but I've bought quite a number of 'better' books from MCS over the years, and been well pleased with the grading every time.