• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,854 posts in this topic

I think Divad's problem is with CGC in general, not the asking price for a specific book being sold by Transplant. More specifically he takes issue, as many do, with the price discrepancy that occurs between graded and ungraded copies of a book.

Ironic then, don't you think, that he's providing the perfect example of why there *should* be a gap in prices (i.e. you can't necessarily trust someone's raw grade, especially if that person is divad)

Now that's not very fair is it? David is a good guy,even if he can't predict a 9.9 on a regular basis. lol

I think Divad's problem is with CGC in general, not the asking price for a specific book being sold by Transplant. More specifically he takes issue, as many do, with the price discrepancy that occurs between graded and ungraded copies of a book.

Ironic then, don't you think, that he's providing the perfect example of why there *should* be a gap in prices (i.e. you can't necessarily trust someone's raw grade, especially if that person is divad)

Now that's not very fair is it? David is a good guy,even if he can't predict a 9.9 on a regular basis. lol

Now this is why I think it's vital that Transplant keeps bringing the subject up, and not taken it to PM....Oak you are one of the wisest people here, with incredible street cred, how can you say David is a good guy? It's been shown on numerous occasions that books are overgraded, and that he is improperly listing first appearances in his EBay auctions? How is this a good guy?

Jim

His raw 9.9 isn't even the issue. That's insane enough to be obvious. It's the numerous 9.8s that can be seen in the pics to not even be close that I'm most concerned with. Add on top of that the fact that his descriptions can be misleading.

The first 10.0 book I ever got for myself was an Ultimate X-Men book I pulled from a local dealer's backstock. I still own the book, and I came across the OA for the cover a few years back at WW New Orleans which I snapped up.

Now this is why I think it's vital that Transplant keeps bringing the subject up, and not taken it to PM....Oak you are one of the wisest people here, with incredible street cred, how can you say David is a good guy? It's been shown on numerous occasions that books are overgraded, and that he is improperly listing first appearances in his EBay auctions? How is this a good guy?

Jim

This. :applause:

The PM spin warriors around this place are legendary.

And others dismissing Tranny's argument because it is taking time away from discussing what's hot on Ebay is mind blowing. I would think maybe a "Thanks Tranny" would be in order.

And others dismissing Tranny's argument because it is taking time away from discussing what's hot on Ebay is mind blowing. I would think maybe a "Thanks Tranny" would be in order.

+1

This board has a long history of making and keeping people aware of questionable practices, from PGX/Ryan Elliott and Comics America, to Jason Ewert.

Jim

Haven't uttered those words since that magical weekend in Tijuana :cloud9:

+1

This board has a long history of making and keeping people aware of questionable practices, from PGX/Ryan Elliott and Comics America, to Jason Ewert.

Comics America? I am not familiar with their transgressions. I bought a couple copies of Peter Panzerfaust 1 when that was only a 30-40 dollar book and they came in in great shape...what'd they do wrong?

Jim

Must have been a mouthful.

+1

Comics America? I am not familiar with their transgressions. I bought a couple copies of Peter Panzerfaust 1 when that was only a 30-40 dollar book and they came in in great shape...what'd they do wrong?

There is a thread, over in modern, I think.

Joe Krolik, the proprietor, does have a way of pi**ing people off. He managed to upset Marvel enough that a petty thief in Spectacular Spider-Man 112 was named after him.

Jim

Must have been a mouthful.

Congrats.

tumblr_ltytdj7sNg1ql9qx1.gif

+1

There is a thread, over in modern, I think.

Joe Krolik, the proprietor, does have a way of pi**ing people off. He managed to upset Marvel enough that a petty thief in Spectacular Spider-Man 112 was named after him.

Man, I have never heard of their issues either.