• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,818 posts in this topic

You're right. Years was an overstatement. It was definitely released after Spawn #1 though. There is zero doubt in my mind about that.

The one thing ive always wondered was, was this book ONLY packaged with the DVD?

I mean, we can date the DVD and the package this mini comic was included with to around Spawn # 4. Obviously well after.

I have just found enough of these in differing collections that make me wonder if they were standalone books at some point.

I suppose Jason Pearson could give us some info about it, as this was VERY early in his career. He isn't the most hospitable fellow nowadays, however.

Who knows what Mcfarlane would tell us. The guy admitted a few times he has cases of Spawn # 1 in storage still.

spawn 1 is a $70-$110 book in a 9.8 slab

over $200 with mcF's signature on it in a yellow slab

$4-$9 raw (I witnessed a copy being sold for $10 in person, but that is an outlier)

there are more worthless books out there

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAVAGE-SHE-HULK-1-bronze-age-Marvel-comic-Hulk-Avengers-/311287649553?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487a309511

With foxing on the back cover!

This book was always a no brainer if it was sitting in a dollar box, I am surprised it took this long, it kind of had to jump if Ms. Marvel 1 did.

Now if only those Dazzler 1s would pop...

Is that a shot at Groo? If you didn't enjoy the marvel groo series then you are :screwy:

Oh yeah. Groo is a mile better than most of the junk discussed in this thread.

Your mistake is thinking that these guys actually read comics. If it isn't worth money, it's just "drek" to a lot of the people posting in threads like this. Reading and enjoying the contents of comic books is nerd stuff.

Is that a shot at Groo? If you didn't enjoy the marvel groo series then you are :screwy:

Your mistake is thinking that these guys actually read comics. If it isn't worth money, it's just "drek" to a lot of the people posting in threads like this. Reading and enjoying the contents of comic books is nerd stuff.

Groo Stomps Star Wars is still tough to find.

Why would you expect any different?

Though to be fair, there are plenty of flippers who still read and enjoy comic books.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=528451

I recall buying the VHS and it being Todd talking about how awesome he is, and it had a good amount of Spawn content. I didn't like the mini comic since at the time Pearson didn't compare to Todd. Regardless, this was literally years after Spawn #1.

I don't think it was years as the facts and illusions set has a date of 1992 on it. The vhs comic set must have packaged after the August SDCC though because that's where the footage is from but I have no idea when the mini comic was published. It's something that definitely warrants further research for Spawn fans.

Let me end this debate.

Crusade of Comics Presents Spawn #1 (released 8/92 @ SDCC)

1st Appearance of Lotus

Origin of Spawn retold

Sam, Twitch & Violator Appearance

The mini-comic was then repackaged with "Facts and Illusions" & "Lotus" Package with Spawn #1 and given out at 1993 SDCC and sold through retailers like Wal-Mart.

The mini-comic was given out at the 1992 SDCC and then again in 1993 packaged with VHS.

Definitely agree. I think I may have gotten my first ever 9.8 on this one this month. It's also one that if you find it, it has been read a bunch. Very cool book.

Groo Stomps Star Wars is still tough to find.

All of this makes sense. I think I got mine at Walmart 1993-ish.

I recall buying the VHS and it being Todd talking about how awesome he is, and it had a good amount of Spawn content. I didn't like the mini comic since at the time Pearson didn't compare to Todd. Regardless, this was literally years after Spawn #1.

I don't think it was years as the facts and illusions set has a date of 1992 on it. The vhs comic set must have packaged after the August SDCC though because that's where the footage is from but I have no idea when the mini comic was published. It's something that definitely warrants further research for Spawn fans.

Let me end this debate.

1st Appearance of Lotus

Origin of Spawn retold

The mini-comic was then repackaged with "Facts and Illusions" & "Lotus" Package with Spawn #1 and given out at 1993 SDCC and sold through retailers like Wal-Mart.

The mini-comic was given out at the 1992 SDCC and then again in 1993 packaged with VHS.

Let me end this debate.

1st Appearance of Lotus

Origin of Spawn retold

This is always what I thought, but I could never prove it. Do you have any type of copyright info, or something that shows these dates?

Let me end this debate.

1st Appearance of Lotus

Origin of Spawn retold

This is always what I thought, but I could never prove it. Do you have any type of copyright info, or something that shows these dates?

1. I bought several mini-comics a few years ago from a dealer who got them at the 1992 SDCC. Did some research on the net and thought they were packaged with VHS. See Spawn #1 Thread. Returned to dealer and asked about the package. Told the Crusade of Comics Presents Spawn #1 was an ashcan or mini-comic given out in 1992 and the package was 1993.

2. Bought 2 cases of the "Lotus" package a few months back. 1 sealed case marked 1993 (in storage) and another case of 29 packages from Walmart marked 1993 & 1994. The Walmart case had some returns for defective VHS tapes with notes & price stickers. Walmart original price tag was $18.96 per package.

Copyright dates indicated.

Crusade of Comics Presents Spawn #1 (no publication date)

VHS Tape (1992)

Lotus Card (1992)

Spawn #1 (1992)

Package (1993) - see the back of the package

*All indivdiual contents produced in 1992 and packaged together in 1993

HPIM5870a_zps83b02bf7.jpg

HPIM5874a_zpsae4cb488.jpg

Let me end this debate.

1st Appearance of Lotus

Origin of Spawn retold

yea it would be nice to have definative proof, some internet resources claim a publication date of jan 1992 which has not been proven either. it would be nice to know the print run also.

Let me end this debate.

1st Appearance of Lotus

Origin of Spawn retold

yea it would be nice to have definative proof, some internet resources claim a publication date of jan 1992 which has not been proven either. it would be nice to know the print run also.

All those sites do that when there is no month indicated but the year is known.

Also you can just email or call Gladstone Publishing about the comic.

You couldn't be more wrong. I read comics daily. Probably more than you. I grew up with Aragones in Mad magazine - I just don't particularly care for his work. And Oakman probably reads fives time the comics you do. :sumo:lol