• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Of course it's not in the same league as Deadpool, but you contradicted yourself. NM #100 is the 1st appearance of X-Force, who has been rumored for a movie.

Nobody is saying it's a $400 book, but it's selling for more than $1 which is what it was 2 years ago.

You're right, to an extent. #100 is the first appearance of the team, but that sort of thing never has the significance that first appearances of characters will have. So it does have some significance, but in a much more minor way.

You're tossing a broad blanked over a very specific situation. X-Force is not the Avengers where people know the team members individually. I highly doubt any of the X-Force will have a solo movie and therefore not the recognition as individual characters. At any rate, I would gladly take an Avengers #1, which has "much more minor" significance.

Avengers #1 is more minor than New Mutants #100? I'm sure you don't mean that. Whether or not the team members were better known at the formation of the team (arguably all of those heroes are huge now, but in 1963/1964 they weren't exactly household names either), the formation of the Avengers was a bit bigger deal than the formation of X-Force.

I'm really looking forward to the days where people stop relying on movies as the primary driver of a comic's value. Even if you want to rely on this rationale, the fact that the individual team members of X-Force wouldn't warrant solo movies gives some evidence to their relative importance in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't say a lot for the team.

Avengers #1 is more minor than New Mutants #100? I'm sure you don't mean that. Whether or not the team members were better known at the formation of the team (arguably all of those heroes are huge now, but in 1963/1964 they weren't exactly household names either), the formation of the Avengers was a bit bigger deal than the formation of X-Force.

I'm really looking forward to the days where people stop relying on movies as the primary driver of a comic's value. Even if you want to rely on this rationale, the fact that the individual team members of X-Force wouldn't warrant solo movies gives some evidence to their relative importance in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't say a lot for the team.

Ha, no, I was quoting you in that the team is "more minor" in terms of appearance than the individual members.

Yes, much like with GotG, the individual members 1st appearances are worth more in most cases than the first of the team. But again, the first app. of the multiple forms of the teams also good for some nice change.

Ha, no, I was quoting you in that the team is "more minor" in terms of appearance than the individual members.

Yes, much like with GotG, the individual members 1st appearances are worth more in most cases than the first of the team. But again, the first app. of the multiple forms of the teams also good for some nice change.

Can't disagree with any of that. The first appearance of the team is indeed less significant than the individual first appearances of its members, but certainly the team's formation can have some value on its own. (thumbs u

New Mutants 100 signed by Liefeld is fetching $250ish in 9.8? Looks like I'll be driving up to Dayton in late March. I would have never guessed.
The fact that he charges $20-$30 each to sign these books helps keep supply down a bit.

It's worth it on those #87s and #98s.

There is quite the price discrepancy between 9.8 Blues and Yellows.

Last time I looked, a 9.8 Yellow NM #98 went for $400+ more with his sig.

Which is nuts to me.

Admittedly I've been out of the hobby for a few years, but is $310 an average price for this book?

Batman 436 9.8

I wouldn't have thought this would be tough in high grade given that DC telegraphed the introduction of a new Robin waaayyy in advance and it was heavily ordered. Seems like this would be a pretty common/obvious Bat semi-key. The census shows less than 30 9.8's versus 120 for Bats 442, so maybe it's just been under-subbed at this point? Is there a Tim Drake-mania driving this about which I am unaware?

Just when 428's were dropping down to affordable prices, now this! :frustrated:

New Mutants 100 signed by Liefeld is fetching $250ish in 9.8? Looks like I'll be driving up to Dayton in late March. I would have never guessed.
The fact that he charges $20-$30 each to sign these books helps keep supply down a bit.

Which is nuts to me.

I had a 9.8 #87 SS that, after everything was calculated, netted me the exact same amount, and would have required a lot less effort, to sell as a blue label.

Admittedly I've been out of the hobby for a few years, but is $310 an average price for this book?

Batman 436 9.8

I wouldn't have thought this would be tough in high grade given that DC telegraphed the introduction of a new Robin waaayyy in advance and it was heavily ordered. Seems like this would be a pretty common/obvious Bat semi-key. The census shows less than 30 9.8's versus 120 for Bats 442, so maybe it's just been under-subbed at this point? Is there a Tim Drake-mania driving this about which I am unaware?

It's a biznatch of a tough book to get in 9.8.

I just did Perez and Wolfman SS, and I went through about 30 of my copies...not a single no-contest 9.8 in the lot. None. I subbed the best two, and will likely get 9.6 on both.

Which is nuts to me.

I had a 9.8 #87 SS that, after everything was calculated, netted me the exact same amount, and would have required a lot less effort, to sell as a blue label.

Ouch.

Maybe I am off on the #87, but I know the run *usually* gets nice upticks on prices when his sig is on them.

GPA does show about a $100.00 price difference between a Blue #87 9.8, and a Yellow Liefeld 9.8.

Edit - Looked at #98. You can double your price tag if you have Liefeld and Stan Lee (!!! ugh) sign it.

Since 2014, sales for #98 SS Lee/Liefeld Yellows are over $1,500.00.

People are goofy... Stan Lee sig on a NM #98.... Not for me.

Edited by vikingreed

Batman 436 9.8

It's a biznatch of a tough book to get in 9.8.

I just did Perez and Wolfman SS, and I went through about 30 of my copies...not a single no-contest 9.8 in the lot. None. I subbed the best two, and will likely get 9.6 on both.

(Adds to next submission . . . ) (thumbs u