• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

I wonder where people pull these prices from. $269, $399, $529. All randomly selected or hoping for a buyer with more money than brains?

Most probably follow GPA and price a book a little higher than the previous sale. If the market shows resistance then they lower the asking price.

I'm not sure what drove the $529 asking price. That was a MCS listing that had been there for a while, I believe.

I have to say, I'm getting REALLY peeved off at these prices.

I sold multiple copies over the last few years, and I had to fight with lowballers constantly.

I settled for $235 for a 9.8 SS for crying out loud.

Really, really getting peeved off about all of this BS, and makes me want to raise all my prices.

:mad:

I've learned that BIN is the way to go vs Best offer option every time. That way no negotiating. Part of the perks of being a collector, we can list the books but honestly are not sad when they don't sell. But when a book heats up, and being a hoarder, we can unload some of our 30 copies.

Raise all your prices.................except on that SIP I've wanted for years.

Yes, there are many advantages to being a collector, rather than a dealer...except, of course, when I'm short on cash...and I sell a New Mutants #98 CGC SS for $650.

:cry:

NM 87 9.8 is going a bit woah-crazy-crazy at the moment.

eBay

no love for the 2nd print though

Give it time :grin:

I've always been a fan of the second print over the first print since I love the metallic ink backgrounds Marvel used in the 90's for second and third prints.

Why does it seem that the copper forum has the most drama?

More than CG? I think not.

Wait... if you are baiting me, I would appreciate an emoticon. :foryou:

Sorry I did not clarify, I was talking about the most out of the " Age" forums. Modern does have it's fair share, but for some reason copper has almost as many, and they go on for pages.

I believe it is because most of the posters in this section and modern are dealers. Which would make sense, since these are the comic ages with the largest print runs and most available copies out there for people to sell. A lot of ribbing, puffing and jockeying for professional advantage going on. (thumbs u

-J.

or comments like this... You insult people and expect no repercussions. Try and have a touch of class about you.

There was no "insult" in my observational post in the least.

-J.

You mean, other than the fact that it's not even remotely true?

Your opinion, thank you for sharing it. Carry on. (thumbs u

-J.

You cannot dismiss facts as "your opinion." You try often, but it always fails under scrutiny. You have consistently accused people who disagree with you of having ulterior motives, and while that is certainly true some of the time, for some of the people, it's not anywhere near as true as often as you have accused it. And it is accusing people of ulterior motives, as you have done, and as The Resurrection rightfully pointed out, that is the insult.

And no, most of the people posting in this section are NOT dealers, despite what you wish to believe.

Carry on. (thumbs u

Um yeah, I think you (and the resurrection) read way more into that then you really needed to. And I've never accused anyone of anything on here. Unlike you, I don't try to make things (nor do I take things) personal on these boards.

-J.

NM 87 9.8 is going a bit woah-crazy-crazy at the moment.

eBay

no love for the 2nd print though

Give it time :grin:

I've always been a fan of the second print over the first print since I love the metallic ink backgrounds Marvel used in the 90's for second and third prints.

Yeah metallic ink and holgrams bring back a lot of good memories for me. :cloud9:

Sorry I did not clarify, I was talking about the most out of the " Age" forums. Modern does have it's fair share, but for some reason copper has almost as many, and they go on for pages.

I believe it is because most of the posters in this section and modern are dealers. Which would make sense, since these are the comic ages with the largest print runs and most available copies out there for people to sell. A lot of ribbing, puffing and jockeying for professional advantage going on. (thumbs u

-J.

or comments like this... You insult people and expect no repercussions. Try and have a touch of class about you.

-J.

-J.

You cannot dismiss facts as "your opinion." You try often, but it always fails under scrutiny. You have consistently accused people who disagree with you of having ulterior motives, and while that is certainly true some of the time, for some of the people, it's not anywhere near as true as often as you have accused it. And it is accusing people of ulterior motives, as you have done, and as The Resurrection rightfully pointed out, that is the insult.

And no, most of the people posting in this section are NOT dealers, despite what you wish to believe.

Carry on. (thumbs u

Um yeah, I think you (and the resurrection) read way more into that then you really needed to. And I've never accused anyone of anything on here. Unlike you, I don't try to make things (nor do I take things) personal on these boards.

-J.

I am pretty sure your "for professional advantage" comment can be considered a low blow by most. You have a very strong opinion, but when push comes to shove can't back up what you say. From my observations you are a pot stirrer. There was no need for your comments, and there is nothing positive added to the discussion from it.

-J.

-J.

-J.

Carry on. (thumbs u

-J.

Ooo! The definition of irony!

You literally just made this conversation personal in your last sentence, while claiming you don't make things personal.

Jay, buddy, I don't really care one way or another about you personally. I don't know you, and have no opinion about you as a human being. The problem you have is that 1. you violate the rules of civil debate with alarming frequency, and 2. you say things that are factually wrong, and refuse, when shown explicit evidence to the contrary, to back down, and 3. you accuse everyone who disagrees with you of ulterior motives.

That's not cool, and you should cut that out. No one here would have a problem discussing things with you...the problem is that you feel the need to engage in shenanigans if someone doesn't agree, rather than just disagreeing.

And that's unfortunate.

-J.

-J.

-J.

Carry on. (thumbs u

I am pretty sure your "for professional advantage" comment can be considered a low blow by most. You have a very strong opinion, but when push comes to shove can't back up what you say. From my observations you are a pot stirrer. There was no need for your comments, and there is nothing positive added to the discussion from it.

I don't think I went out on a very long limb by saying that most of the posters in this thread seem to be dealers. Someone asked why things seemed to get snarky on here frequently, some gave their opinions, and I gave mine. I apologize if my observation struck you close to home, but I am free to have my opinions, whether you think they are "strong" or not.

As a paying customer to more than a few of the people who post in this thread (I am not a dealer) maybe it would do you well to take into account how other potential customers might also be viewing some of what goes on. I noticed the thread got back on point until you and RMA decided to chide me for having an opinion that evidently triggered a defense mechanism.

It would probably be best to let it continue thus, as I usually find a lot of the information that the frequent posters (including you and RMA) to be quite valuable in general. :foryou:

-J.

I don't think I went out on a very long limb by saying that most of the posters in this thread seem to be dealers.

There's a good example of you doing #1, breaking the rules of civil debate, by changing what you said into something that sounds like what you said, but isn't.

You said (and it's still right up there, for all to see)"

I believe it is because most of the posters in this section and modern are dealers.

(emphasis mine)

Now, you've changed it to:

I don't think I went out on a very long limb by saying that most of the posters in this thread seem to be dealers.

Subtle change in wording...big change in meaning.

And you do this all the time.

Someone asked why things seemed to get snarky on here frequently, some gave their opinions, and I gave mine. I apologize if my observation struck you close to home, but I am free to have my opinions, whether you think they are "strong" or not.

If I am of the opinion that someone is a fat, lazy, stupid slob, do I have the "freedom" to express that opinion? Even if I can prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that it's true?

Just because you CAN express an opinion, doesn't mean you SHOULD. We all could do better with this, myself included.

As a paying customer to more than a few of the people who post in this thread (I am not a dealer) maybe it would do you well to take into account how other potential customers might also be viewing some of what goes on. I noticed the thread got back on point until you and RMA decided to chide me for having an opinion that evidently triggered a defense mechanism.

There you go again...the "hidden insult." You accused all the dealers here of having ulterior motives in their posts, of simply posting for "professional advantage"...and while that's certainly true for some people, some of the time, it is most definitely NOT true of everyone, and it's an insult to suggest otherwise.

"Defense mechanism"? I'm not a dealer, so I'm defending...others? I guess so.

hm

And what on EARTH does being a paying customer have to do with this situation...? Other than the veiled "you better not post things I don't like, or you might lose customers!"

meh

It would probably be best to let it continue thus, as I usually find a lot of the information that the frequent posters (including you and RMA) to be quite valuable in general. :foryou:

-J.

As Resurrection said...save the shots. Just chat.

Easy cheesy.

-J.

-J.

-J.

Carry on. (thumbs u

I don't think I went out on a very long limb by saying that most of the posters in this thread seem to be dealers. Someone asked why things seemed to get snarky on here frequently, some gave their opinions, and I gave mine. I apologize if my observation struck you close to home, but I am free to have my opinions, whether you think they are "strong" or not.

-J.

From my observations you are a pot stirrer.

The textbook definition of a pot stirrer.

And there are outlier data points which are anomalies that are not a good indication of where the book is currently valued. That Legends 3 CGC 9.8 copy sold as a BIN at $150. That isn't indicative of any correction on the book, the seller in all likelihood had the book priced too low and someone jumped on it.

I heard gold has it's share of butthurt every now and then

It didn't used to be like this here sadly. This past year or two its shown up in all areas.

The water is chummed and the frenzy is in full effect.