• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

NM 87 9.8 is going a bit woah-crazy-crazy at the moment.

eBay

:doh:

just sold one on the boards for much less than that but i do have another one... hm

The prices were going up a bit, but it's really taken off in the last couple of days.

I wonder where people pull these prices from. $269, $399, $529. All randomly selected or hoping for a buyer with more money than brains?

Most probably follow GPA and price a book a little higher than the previous sale. If the market shows resistance then they lower the asking price.

I'm not sure what drove the $529 asking price. That was a MCS listing that had been there for a while, I believe.

I wonder where people pull these prices from. $269, $399, $529. All randomly selected or hoping for a buyer with more money than brains?

Most probably follow GPA and price a book a little higher than the previous sale. If the market shows resistance then they lower the asking price.

I'm not sure what drove the $529 asking price. That was a MCS listing that had been there for a while, I believe.

MCS pricing is usually out of left field compared to market prices.

For example...

Edited by ygogolak

For example...

Yep. Just consider them Mile High South. :facepalm:

For example...

Yep. Just consider them Mile High South. :facepalm:

Well those crazy prices are usually due to the MCS consignors themselves setting that price.

Why does it seem that the copper forum has the most drama?

More than CG? I think not.

Wait... if you are baiting me, I would appreciate an emoticon. :foryou:

Sorry I did not clarify, I was talking about the most out of the " Age" forums. Modern does have it's fair share, but for some reason copper has almost as many, and they go on for pages.

I believe it is because most of the posters in this section and modern are dealers. Which would make sense, since these are the comic ages with the largest print runs and most available copies out there for people to sell. A lot of ribbing, puffing and jockeying for professional advantage going on. (thumbs u

-J.

or comments like this... You insult people and expect no repercussions. Try and have a touch of class about you.

There was no "insult" in my observational post in the least.

-J.

You mean, other than the fact that it's not even remotely true?

I have to say, I'm getting REALLY peeved off at these prices.

I sold multiple copies over the last few years, and I had to fight with lowballers constantly.

I settled for $235 for a 9.8 SS for crying out loud.

Really, really getting peeved off about all of this BS, and makes me want to raise all my prices.

:mad:

Sorry I did not clarify, I was talking about the most out of the " Age" forums. Modern does have it's fair share, but for some reason copper has almost as many, and they go on for pages.

I believe it is because most of the posters in this section and modern are dealers. Which would make sense, since these are the comic ages with the largest print runs and most available copies out there for people to sell. A lot of ribbing, puffing and jockeying for professional advantage going on. (thumbs u

-J.

or comments like this... You insult people and expect no repercussions. Try and have a touch of class about you.

-J.

Your opinion, thank you for sharing it. Carry on. (thumbs u

-J.

I sold multiple copies over the last few years, and I had to fight with lowballers constantly.

Really, really getting peeved off about all of this BS, and makes me want to raise all my prices.

I've learned that BIN is the way to go vs Best offer option every time. That way no negotiating. Part of the perks of being a collector, we can list the books but honestly are not sad when they don't sell. But when a book heats up, and being a hoarder, we can unload some of our 30 copies.

Raise all your prices.................except on that SIP I've wanted for years.

L

I've learned that BIN is the way to go vs Best offer option every time. That way no negotiating. Part of the perks of being a collector, we can list the books but honestly are not sad when they don't sell. But when a book heats up, and being a hoarder, we can unload some of our 30 copies.

Raise all your prices.................except on that SIP I've wanted for years.

SiP 1 9.8 :cloud9:

-J.

-J.

Your opinion, thank you for sharing it. Carry on. (thumbs u

-J.

You cannot dismiss facts as "your opinion." You try often, but it always fails under scrutiny. You have consistently accused people who disagree with you of having ulterior motives, and while that is certainly true some of the time, for some of the people, it's not anywhere near as true as often as you have accused it. And it is accusing people of ulterior motives, as you have done, and as The Resurrection rightfully pointed out, that is the insult.

And no, most of the people posting in this section are NOT dealers, despite what you wish to believe.

Carry on. (thumbs u