• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

I *heart* Darkhawk

:hi:

Slow Tracking these next week :cloud9:

Photo2013-05-20084132PM_zps363caa31.jpg

Good Lord!

:o

I said the same thing when I found them for $0.50 each. Some random shop I stumbled upon was going out of business and getting rid of everything. They must overlooked the box of Darkhawk books they had sitting in the back.

There seems to be a run on Justice league Europe # 33 being made. All the cheap copies are gone and some of the BIN's are pricey. First Sonic in comics seems to be fueling this run.

Sonic the Hedgehog #1 centerfold comic book ad; Europinion

Content Information

Genre:anthropomorphic-funny animals; fantasy

Characters:Sonic the Hedgehog; Robotnik [Dr. Kintobor]

Synopsis:Sonic recounts the origin of Robotnik.

Indexer Notes: Advertisement for the Sega Genesis video game, located in the center of the issue.

Crazy kids and their fascination with game characters.

:baiting:

This was discussed in another thread, but those inserts are reprints of the original mini comic. So that's a reprinted first app only - not the real first app

Okay, grandpa. Don't get yourself excited now.

:preach:

Just kidding. Was just doing research on forum 2002 activity, and had no idea you were THE first member.

:cloud9:

This was discussed in another thread, but those inserts are reprints of the original mini comic. So that's a reprinted first app only - not the real first app

Okay, grandpa. Don't get yourself excited now.

:preach:

Just kidding. Was just doing research on forum 2002 activity, and had no idea you were THE first member.

:cloud9:

Now you know why he has the custom title he has. lol

"You know that guy that shows up an hour early for parties? Yah. I'm him."

I *heart* Darkhawk

:hi:

Slow Tracking these next week :cloud9:

Photo2013-05-20084132PM_zps363caa31.jpg

Good Lord!

:o

I said the same thing when I found them for $0.50 each. Some random shop I stumbled upon was going out of business and getting rid of everything. They must overlooked the box of Darkhawk books they had sitting in the back.

:gossip:Darkhawk appreciation thread

Is the mini-comic widely available? hm

It was an insert in several DC comics with print runs in the hundreds of thousands. The thread that was linked does a great job of sussing out all of the hype and rumors. In my opinion, there is no real evidence that any of the newsprint issues are anything other than unstapled and removed inserts from the Superman book, or one of the others.

I bought a bunch of them from Mile High for a a buck or two a piece with the idea that I was going to cash in on the mania. But I am not comfortable with it. The only real collectible, as I see it, it the glossy mini comic. The newsprint versions are all bogus.

It was an insert in several DC comics with print runs in the hundreds of thousands. The thread that was linked does a great job of sussing out all of the hype and rumors. In my opinion, there is no real evidence that any of the newsprint issues are anything other than unstapled and removed inserts from the Superman book, or one of the others.

I bought a bunch of them from Mile High for a a buck or two a piece with the idea that I was going to cash in on the mania. But I am not comfortable with it. The only real collectible, as I see it, it the glossy mini comic. The newsprint versions are all bogus.

It doesn't appear that CGC knows that . . . hm

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sonic+the+hedgehog+1+mini+comic&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xsonic+the+hedgehog+1+mini+comic+cgc&_nkw=sonic+the+hedgehog+1+mini+comic+cgc&_sacat=0

Oh, and there's no link btw . . . Bronty only mentions it.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sonic+the+hedgehog+1+mini+comic&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xsonic+the+hedgehog+1+mini+comic+cgc&_nkw=sonic+the+hedgehog+1+mini+comic+cgc&_sacat=0

That one that you linked is the real mini-comic. The cover is glossy, not newsprint stock. The reprint, in addition to being newsprint, is the same size as regular comic pages, and the authentic mini is much smaller. I will bump the Sonic thread.

That one that you linked is the real mini-comic. The cover is glossy, not newsprint stock. The reprint, in addition to being newsprint, is the same size as regular comic pages, and the authentic mini is much smaller. I will bump the Sonic thread.

Yes. I was referring to the 2nd CGC'd book - the newsprint copy. Neither is labelled as an "insert" of any kind, which, if they are, should be.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonic-The-Hedgehog-1-Sega-CGC-9-8-Rare-1st-Newsprint-Comic-First-Print-/121151098506?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c352b0e8a

Yes. I was referring to the 2nd CGC'd book - the newsprint copy. Neither is labelled as an "insert" of any kind, which, if they are, should be.

This thread has a bunch of great infor in it. Including lots of pics of Maloney414's copy. There was another thread that i can't find now. A guy came on guns a-blazin' with his newsprint copy, and Maloney, Green, RMA and Bronty broke it all the way down and showed that there was no evidence that any of the newsprint issues can be shown to be different from the pulled out Superman/Justice league copies.

As it relates to CGC, I agree. People are getting hosed on these things.

Link to the first thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5671959#Post5671959