• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

Darkhawk #1 definitely is NOT tracking "well."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321171288449?ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1560.l2649

Peace,

Chip

There's a definite demand for 9.6/9.8 certified copies. Without looking at GPA, 9.8s are going for about $130 and 9.6's $50.

Raw copies, especially sub 9.6, are everywhere and not worth the cost of shipping.

But why are the 9.6's and 9.8's worth so much?

Based on the likely high print run, lack of popularity of the character (as far as I know), and lack of movie/TV prospects, I would expect a Darkhawk 1 CGC 9.8 to go for $30 to $50 max.

It's a pretty unforgiving cover and the demand is solid. The supply of graded copies is pretty low too. A price correction is possible as more copies are subbed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321171288449?ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1560.l2649

Peace,

Chip

There's a definite demand for 9.6/9.8 certified copies. Without looking at GPA, 9.8s are going for about $130 and 9.6's $50.

Raw copies, especially sub 9.6, are everywhere and not worth the cost of shipping.

Based on the likely high print run, lack of popularity of the character (as far as I know), and lack of movie/TV prospects, I would expect a Darkhawk 1 CGC 9.8 to go for $30 to $50 max.

It's a pretty unforgiving cover and the demand is solid. The supply of graded copies is pretty low too. A price correction is possible as more copies are subbed.

Here is a current auction. There is a demand for high-grade graded copies. I believe it is because of the cover, a 9.8 can be tough.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CGC-9-8-DARKHAWK-1-ORIGIN-1ST-DARKHAWK-HOBGOBLIN-APPEARANCE-/390634511831?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5af3a19dd7

Edited by awakeintheashes

Peace,

Chip

I bought the books because I couldn't pass up the $0.50 price tag and nostalgia. I think some are buying high-grade copies either out of nostalgia or speculation he may pay a role in a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. He may fit into a cosmic movie story line like he did in the comics a few years ago.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Peace,

Chip

I bought the books because I couldn't pass up the $0.50 price tag and nostalgia. I think some are buying high-grade copies either out of nostalgia or speculation he may pay a role in a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. He may fit into a cosmic movie story line like he did in the comics a few years ago.

(thumbs u

If they can make a GotG and Ant-Man movie I don't see any property as off limits for the big screen treatment. However, I don't think that is fueling the price of Darkhawk #1 at all. Purely nostalgia IMO.

Peace,

Chip

Some sales have to be lurkers from here also.

Peace,

Chip

Some sales have to be lurkers from here also.

^^

Darkhawk is a book that has a lot of nostalgia for the 28-38 crowd. It came out right when comics were really hitting their stride, the media attention was making comics cool, and he had a rippin' black uniform. I hated Darkhawk, but I was 20 and was amassing Bronze as much as possible and selling hot moderns to fund that venture. I can see a kid reading comics loving Darkhawk, much as I loved Nova as a kid.

Darkhawk is a book that has a lot of nostalgia for the 28-38 crowd. It came out right when comics were really hitting their stride, the media attention was making comics cool, and he had a rippin' black uniform. I hated Darkhawk, but I was 20 and was amassing Bronze as much as possible and selling hot moderns to fund that venture. I can see a kid reading comics loving Darkhawk, much as I loved Nova as a kid.

This

I really enjoyed Darkhawk when it first came out and I am way older that the 28-38 crowd. But then again I also enjoyed Rom Spaceknight and Machine Man. So what does that say about me? I also really enjoyed Nova.

Peace,

Chip

^^

I really enjoyed Darkhawk when it first came out and I am way older that the 28-38 crowd. But then again I also enjoyed Rom Spaceknight and Machine Man. So what does that say about me? I also really enjoyed Nova.

It says you really like to use the word really . . . :grin:

Stop hoarding my Novas :baiting:

Stop hoarding my Novas :baiting:

Just found two more last night. :banana:

I posted these in the Modern Age thread but they are really Copper Age books so maybe they should go here. I dunno. But interesting trends here.

Harbinger #1 CGC 9.8 @ $405 & 21 bids. :o

New Mutants #87 CGC 9.8 @ $170 & 12 bids.

Deadpool #1 (1997) CGC 9.8 @ $150 & 3 bids.

Daredevil #158 CGC 9.6 @ $180 & 17 bids.

Peace,

Chip

Here is a current auction. There is a demand for high-grade graded copies. I believe it is because of the cover, a 9.8 can be tough.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CGC-9-8-DARKHAWK-1-ORIGIN-1ST-DARKHAWK-HOBGOBLIN-APPEARANCE-/390634511831?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5af3a19dd7

Coming home to Papa!

Peace,

Chip

Coming home to Papa!

:applause:

I'm going to dig my copy out and see if it has a shot at 9.8

Peace,

Chip

Coming home to Papa!

:applause:

I'm going to dig my copy out and see if it has a shot at 9.8

See if your 4's 5's and 6's are also 9.8 material. They may have an interested party. hm:wishluck:

7 CGC books from the Copper Age that are trending.

Evil Ernie #1 CGC 9.8 @ $605 & 6 bids.

New Mutants #98 CGC 9.8 @ $355 & 13 bids.

Miracle Man #15 CGC 9.8 @ $350 & 1 bid.

Spider-Man #1 CGC 10 @ $155 & 2 bids.

Uncanny X-Men #282 CGC 9.8 @ $100 & 11 bids.

Conan #245 CGC 9.8 @ $78 & 3 bids.

Darkhawk #1 CGC 9.8 @ $61 & 2 bids.

7 CGC books from the Copper Age that are trending.

Evil Ernie #1 CGC 9.8 @ $605 & 6 bids.

New Mutants #98 CGC 9.8 @ $355 & 13 bids.

Miracle Man #15 CGC 9.8 @ $350 & 1 bid.

Spider-Man #1 CGC 10 @ $155 & 2 bids.

Uncanny X-Men #282 CGC 9.8 @ $100 & 11 bids.

Conan #245 CGC 9.8 @ $78 & 3 bids.

Darkhawk #1 CGC 9.8 @ $61 & 2 bids.

What's special about Conan 245 to make it worth that much?