• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

My memory of Cable/Stryfe is likely skewed.

It seems clear that the body/arm in 86 is Stryfe (part of the MLF).

Aren't the two basically twins?

Couldn't 86 more likely be the 1st cameo of Stryfe and 87 is Cable?

If someone's read these recently, please correct me.

Kind of like the whole Domino situation.

Patrick

It is. Go back to page 1104, the page is posted and you will see.

When someone is first revealed to be in a movie, there is an initial spike, and then it crashes back to reality.

Deadpool has sustained a high price because he was hugely popular even without a movie. I don't see the same happening for cable.

When someone is first revealed to be in a movie, there is an initial spike, and then it crashes back to reality.

Deadpool has sustained a high price because he was hugely popular even without a movie. I don't see the same happening for cable.

At no point did I say that 87 would sustain at 98 prices. I said I would not be surprised if it hit 98 prices. And it would appear to be on its way nicely (thumbs u

The 87 will catch up to the 98, especially if Cable turns out to be awesome

I dont see it. Cable doesn't have what Deadpool has. Teenagers don't a care about Cable they love Deadpool.

Right now its just speculators gambling.

While I agree that Cable is not near as popular as Deadpool, I also highly doubt it's teenagers dropping $300+ for raw and $800+ for graded copies of NM98

The 87 will catch up to the 98, especially if Cable turns out to be awesome

I dont see it. Cable doesn't have what Deadpool has. Teenagers don't a care about Cable they love Deadpool.

Right now its just speculators gambling.

Cable was a thing before Deadpool was and was a instant fan favorite. If you were a x-men fan at that time he's a key character.

Besides its not teenagers who are buying many of this 200 plus dollar books anyways. The millennials don't have enough scratch to speculate on much these days anyways and aren't old enough when he busted on the scene. 2c

Cable was a thing before Deadpool was and was a instant fan favorite. If you were a x-men fan at that time he's a key character.

That's very true. I still have some of the wantlists I made as an 11 and 12 year old back in the early 90s, and NM 87 was right at the top along with ASM 300. I really, REALLY wanted a copy, and I am sure a lot of 35-40 year olds remember the same thing. 98 wasn't even on my radar, and holds no nostalgic appeal for me...though I still think it's a cool book.

That's very true. I still have some of the wantlists I made as an 11 and 12 year old back in the early 90s, and NM 87 was right at the top along with ASM 300. I really, REALLY wanted a copy, and I am sure a lot of 35-40 year olds remember the same thing. 98 wasn't even on my radar, and holds no nostalgic appeal for me...though I still think it's a cool book.

hm . You'd think there was something, maybe a rule, that talks about things that 12 year old boys wanted, say 25 years previously and hm that now they have some money hm .

I'm not saying it is or will have an effect on a price but for me, the environment I recall for more than a brief time in my childhood, was that Cable was a character that was practically the second most popular thing outside of Wolverine in the X-bloc, and Wolverine was battling Spider-Man for the #1 spot. Obviously I'm not looking over official charts to come to that conclusion, but at the time, Cable was big hitter to me as a comic fan, leaping over a TON of characters that have been around for decades.

During that era the X-office ruled comics and out of the new characters we'd see, I think Cable was more woven into the mythology and often featured prominently in events because of it.

Obviously that's an evaluation of one localized memory but Cable was gigantic and I had been shocked we hadn't seen him in one of these X films yet, even before I saw how Winter soldier's arm looked in the Cap movie.

That said, there is not question that in the hear and now Deadpool is significantly more popular, even before the film, but Cable has and has had a place with comic fans for awhile there's a reason why his and Gambit's first appearances have never really fallen off with fans. Considering how what I think lesser first appearances have taken off, maybe a price adjustment was due.

I know some don't look at the era fondly but for people whom that was there golden age, it was exciting,

Cable was huge for a couple of years. But clearly that fizzled. I always found him not so interesting. Now, I wonder just how popular he was as he got one series. Ghost rider had two. Punisher had 3 or 4.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-NEW-MUTANTS-87-1st-App-CABLE-1st-Print-VERY-HIGH-GRADE-/201522915771?

Everyone still 100% convinced that 87 won't catch up to 98? hm That price is on the high end of what 98s go for raw

Yes, want to put a wager on it?

Me too I am quite sure it wont. Speculators can manipulate and push the price, but they wont see NM 98 prices with any consistency.

There were still 200 people last night in the theater for Deadpool. It got an applause ending. Several people asked on the way out who is Cable?

He just wont have the mainstream effect Deadpool has. Don't get me wrong he will pull some decent coin for a long time now, but not Deadpool money.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-NEW-MUTANTS-87-1st-App-CABLE-1st-Print-VERY-HIGH-GRADE-/201522915771?

Everyone still 100% convinced that 87 won't catch up to 98? hm That price is on the high end of what 98s go for raw

Yes, want to put a wager on it?

Me too I am quite sure it wont. Speculators can manipulate and push the price, but they wont see NM 98 prices with any consistency.

There were still 200 people last night in the theater for Deadpool. It got an applause ending. Several people asked on the way out who is Cable?

He just wont have the mainstream effect Deadpool has. Don't get me wrong he will pull some decent coin for a long time now, but not Deadpool money.

I think both will do very well for a long long time. I could see them in multiple movies together crossing over into the x-men movie universe.

As far as the movie crowd not knowing who Cable is to me is about the same reaction about Deadpool a couple weeks ago. I was watching the Superbowl with friends (mixture of ages) and very few knew who Deadpool was. I remember just recently my parents asking me about him. I think now he'll be a household name but he wasn't before this film. Same will be said about Cable soon. hm