• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

New Mutants 87 qualifies as a heating up book on ebay. Within 24 hours I think 20 copies have been bought via buy it now .

Yep. It was only a matter of time. Been waiting for this one to jump.

There is a big reason why too.

Again, that was only a matter of time. He had to be in either a Deadpool or Xmen sequel. Inevitable.

Chris called this shot 2 years ago! Looking at 9.8 prices on ebay I'm going to have to grade my raw 9.8!

New Mutants 87 qualifies as a heating up book on ebay. Within 24 hours I think 20 copies have been bought via buy it now .

Again, that was only a matter of time. He had to be in either a Deadpool or Xmen sequel. Inevitable.

Chris called this shot 2 years ago! Looking at 9.8 prices on ebay I'm going to have to grade my raw 9.8!

Can you write me down for Fantomex in a movie?

Wasn't this worth grading before? Congrats on being in a financial situation where it wasn't worth it before.

True dat, here's the link http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=new%20mutants%2087&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

26 sale's on the 11th and 20 sales on 12th.

Is a $64 offer on a raw 9.2 (maybe 9.4) x-men 266 too low or about right? I am mulling. Can't quite figure out what the best offers have been on the book. Either way I doubt I'm leaving more than $15 on the table and it isn't clear whether the book is presently in an upsurge or if the movie news is already built into the present price and how much upward movement there can be. Plus I have a bunch of the annuals in case the character really explodes, but this is my only 266.

Not asking what you'd pay, but what you'd take.

Is a $64 offer on a raw 9.2 (maybe 9.4) x-men 266 too low or about right? I am mulling. Can't quite figure out what the best offers have been on the book. Either way I doubt I'm leaving more than $15 on the table and it isn't clear whether the book is presently in an upsurge or if the movie news is already built into the present price and how much upward movement there can be. Plus I have a bunch of the annuals in case the character really explodes, but this is my only 266.

I don't think I would take that for a nice looking 9.2, but I'll be interested to hear what everyone else says.

I don't think I would take that for a nice looking 9.2, but I'll be interested to hear what everyone else says.

c

I would not take that unless I needed the money for another purchase (or something else) sooner rather than later. Easily leaving $15 on the table, which isn't that much, but is a large percentage when you break it down into that books value.

Raw? More than fair..unless there is some really good pics of spine, all corners, front and back, angle to reflect light...to really see that it is a 9.2 or better.

He owns the 9.2 and is trying to decide if he sells at that price.

Nope, the 266 is much harder to find than the annual, always has been. 10 years ago, a raw 9.2/9.4 266 would sell the same day you put it out at $50, before the whisper of a movie. I'd price it at $100, discount to $90 if you must, or $80 if the buyer is buying full-priced drek along with it.

Nope, the 266 is much harder to find than the annual, always has been.

That may be true, but it's only due to perception/demand/hoarding. There's no way there are more Annual 14s than 266s.

10 years ago, a raw 9.2/9.4 266 would sell the same day you put it out at $50, before the whisper of a movie.

I don't think so. Even around 7 years ago, I saw many copies available for much less than that (buying at $20ish, passing at $30+ :facepalm::cry: ).

I've sold 6 9.6 New Mutants #87's and an 8.0 that I had priced at $100 in the past few days. Priced $200-$250. Haven't sold a 9.8 yet.

Are these prices of yours for slabbed copies or for raw copies?

Hopefully, they are for raw copies or else your profit margin is cut down quite a bit for the slabbing fees and other ancillary charges involved. hm

I came back with a counter of a few more bucks. i'll leave some money on the table if he takes it, but such is life.

i paid 50 cents for it at a flea market, i probably shouldn't be too greedy, but i have billz to pay.

Nope, the 266 is much harder to find than the annual, always has been.

That may be true, but it's only due to perception/demand/hoarding. There's no way there are more Annual 14s than 266s.

I think the annual may have sold more copies than issue 266.

According to Marvel Age #93, X-Men Annual #14 outsold in the direct sales market both Uncanny X-Men issues in May 1990.

And according to Marvel Age #94, Uncanny X-Men #266 was not even the best-selling issue of its own series in the direct sales market for the month of June 1990.

MarvelAge9394TopTenLists_zpsx3tae2h1.jpg