• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Sounds like we've got a popular v. rarity debate. I think we can all agree that you can't go wrong with either in 9.8.

neither is rare, of course. i have personally owned about five copies of 87, none of which I paid more than $2 for (all bought in the late 90s/early 20s, well after the initial spike and then subsequent crash) and no NM 98s, but that is just dumb luck. and it's true, none of them were 9.6-9.8 books.

popularity is what drives sales. hulk 181 is a common book. i have a badgillion copies of hulk 183.

Sounds like we've got a popular v. rarity debate. I think we can all agree that you can't go wrong with either in 9.8.

neither is rare, of course. i have personally owned about five copies of 87, none of which I paid more than $2 for (all bought in the late 90s/early 20s, well after the initial spike and then subsequent crash) and no NM 98s, but that is just dumb luck. and it's true, none of them were 9.6-9.8 books.

popularity is what drives sales. hulk 181 is a common book. i have a badgillion copies of hulk 183.

Agreed, neither is rare. But the problem with your analogy is that both 98 and 87 are popular books. We are not talking about one popular book and one run of the mill issue that no one but completionists cares about. The degree of popularity is obviously different but they are still both books that people want.

New Mutants 88 raw seem to be going pretty cheap right now.

If ran NM+ X-Force 2 can get $15, figure 88 is going to get $10 all day, they seem to be selling for half that. I would think 88 is less common than XForce 2 but what do I know.

Now many CGC 9.8's out there right now for under $80.

Ed

If ran NM+ X-Force 2 can get $15, figure 88 is going to get $10 all day, they seem to be selling for half that. I would think 88 is less common than XForce 2 but what do I know.

Ed

What's the significance?

Ed

What's the significance?

NM88 - 2nd cable

Xforce 2 - 2nd Deadpool

I think that's the comparison (2nd apps).

Fact is, Cable is kind of a boring character.

I can never imagine my 4 year old sleeping with a plush Cable doll, but he loves his baby Deadpool doll, as he calls him.

My teenage son loves Deadpool. The only thing he finds remotely interesting about Cable is that he's older than his father.

Fact is, Cable is kind of a boring character.

I can never imagine my 4 year old sleeping with a plush Cable doll, but he loves his baby Deadpool doll, as he calls him.

My teenage son loves Deadpool. The only thing he finds remotely interesting about Cable is that he's older than his father.

lol

Ed

What's the significance?

NM88 - 2nd cable

Xforce 2 - 2nd Deadpool

I think that's the comparison (2nd apps).

That's what I was thinking, but really NM 87 is Cable's 3rd appearance, first full and cover.

NM 98 is the unequivocal 1st appearance of Deadpool. You could say the card in X-Force #1 is his 2nd, but the accepted second is X-Force #2.

NM #86 does not count as a Cable appearance. It's an ad.

I can see UXM #201, but it has never latched on with collectors.

You're welcome to your opinion of what "counts" and what doesn't, but that doesn't seem to have a relation to actual sales.

You're welcome to your opinion of what "counts" and what doesn't, but that doesn't seem to have a relation to actual sales.

Are you saying NM #86 is spiking?

One CGC sale in the past three months on EBay, and it was a 9.4.

Four 9.8 sales of UXM #201 in the past three months, and the avg price is $73.00.

Edited by vikingreed

Four 9.8 sales of UXM #201 in the past three months, and the avg price is $73.00.

Not everyone buys graded books, heck, most don't.

The rumor of Cable came out Feb. 10, since then 43 copies, raw & graded have sold on eBay. I would say that is a "spike", No matter price, it's a volume spike.

Also, where are you getting your data? There are 6 CGC sales in that time frame I provided.

:gossip: P.S., there is one before NMM 86 that ain't doing too shabby either.

Where you agree with it as an "appearance" is inconsequential to the conversation.

I think the masses look at NM 87 as Cables first appearance.

Absolutely agree 100%, shoot 101%.

Edited by ygogolak

Not everyone buys graded books, heck, most don't.

The rumor of Cable came out Feb. 10, since then 43 copies, raw & graded have sold on eBay. I would say that is a "spike", No matter price, it's a volume spike.

Also, where are you getting your data? There are 6 CGC sales in that time frame I provided.

:gossip: P.S., there is one before NMM 86 that ain't doing too shabby either.

Where you agree with it as an "appearance" is inconsequential to the conversation.

I think the masses look at NM 87 as Cables first appearance.

Absolutely agree 100%, shoot 101%.

I'm not saying you're wrong (because I don't think you are), but wouldn't you have to provide comparative data to say a spike has a occurred?