• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

This book has doubled since 2015 and lows in 2016.

Batman #423 1st Print CGC 9.8 $400

Last year MCS listed one for $300 (a fair price at that point, maybe even a bit high). I needed a day or two to think about it, but another guy didn't and it was gone like Keyser Soze. Haven't seen one that cheap since. Fortunately I have a pretty sick raw copy that I got from another boardie, so I'm pretty content.

Yup, that adds to my theory that McFarlane key books are going nowhere anytime soon. Im willing to bet they wont plummet in price either. Look at Spawn (wellllll, its because of the movie Awe) ASM 300 (welllll its because of the movie awe), bats 423 (welllll its because its a classic cover awe). No. Mcfarlane has earned his title as a superstar.

And god only knows I hate his art. (ok in fairness, other people knows it too) 

18 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Yup, that adds to my theory that McFarlane key books are going nowhere anytime soon. Im willing to bet they wont plummet in price either. Look at Spawn (wellllll, its because of the movie Awe) ASM 300 (welllll its because of the movie awe), bats 423 (welllll its because its a classic cover awe). No. Mcfarlane has earned his title as a superstar.

And god only knows I hate his art. (ok in fairness, other people knows it too) 

I was a huge fan of his art back when he was on ASM. It was drastically different from what we were seeing elsewhere in mainstream comics. But in retrospect a lot of it looks really goofy. One of the really simple things that he did that made his art stand out was using thick borders on some panels.

On 4/5/2018 at 11:40 AM, ygogolak said:

This book has doubled since 2015 and lows in 2016.

Batman #423 1st Print CGC 9.8 $400

FN/VF copies of the Canadian newsstand edition are topping $100 as well: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-423-FN-VF-CANADIAN-NEWSSTAND-PRICE-VARIANT-CLASSIC-MCFARLANE-COVER/122951190398?hash=item1ca076477e:g:P~IAAOSwAU5aW9MT

I kind of regret selling my CGC 9.8 CDN copy a year or two ago now.......

29 minutes ago, kimik said:

FN/VF copies of the Canadian newsstand edition are topping $100 as well: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-423-FN-VF-CANADIAN-NEWSSTAND-PRICE-VARIANT-CLASSIC-MCFARLANE-COVER/122951190398?hash=item1ca076477e:g:P~IAAOSwAU5aW9MT

:whatthe:

2 hours ago, kimik said:

Yeah, I think there was a 9.6 on eBay last year that even had to get relisted 'cause there were no takers first time around. I waffled, in classic me fashion, thinking that I should maybe hold out for a 9.8. IIRC the seller pulled it before the second listing made the full cycle, so I didn't get a chance to pull the trigger. That BIN price now wouldn't last 5 minutes. :pullhair:

X-Men 221 seem to be selling again.  Prices seem fairly low (I paid $5 a piece a while ago so not that cheap) but at least copies are moving out the door.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

X-Men 221 seem to be selling again.  Prices seem fairly low (I paid $5 a piece a while ago so not that cheap) but at least copies are moving out the door.

3 9.8's sold yesterday. I'm guess the recent heat may be because of rumors of Miss Sinister possibly appearing in movie.

On 4/5/2018 at 1:28 PM, Martin Sinescu said:

Last year MCS listed one for $300 (a fair price at that point, maybe even a bit high). I needed a day or two to think about it, but another guy didn't and it was gone like Keyser Soze. Haven't seen one that cheap since. Fortunately I have a pretty sick raw copy that I got from another boardie, so I'm pretty content.

:whistle:

Right around this time of the year before Con season really heats up, I reconcile all of my Convention buy lists from the previous year, along with want lists that I keep going from year to year.  Here is the one book that is consistently on every want/buy list I have, and it seems impossible to find in NM/NM+ condition.  I have found one in this condition in the past year:

I think it sells well when its available.  There a couple floating on ebay (9.8s) listed for $699, and that is unreasonable, but the stock image I used in this post is listed as a 7.5 for $129.95.

4497276.jpg

Edited by bluehorseshoe
stock image, not mine