• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

I really think people buying MoS 17 really don't understand the difference between a cameo and a full appearance. Or the buyers are flipping and they are new into the hobby or they are just greedy dumb card collectors.

Or - and this may be a shocker for ya - they just want anything to do with the Death of Superman storyline, from lead-ins to actual full appearances.

:o:o:o

inconceivable.jpg

Not that many buyers.

All get you some iocane powder to fix that pic too.

What language is that you are speaking?

Hmm you post the pic, but havent seen the movie. :tonofbricks:

:gossip: "The Princess Bride", dork.

I really think people buying MoS 17 really don't understand the difference between a cameo and a full appearance. Or the buyers are flipping and they are new into the hobby or they are just greedy dumb card collectors.

Or - and this may be a shocker for ya - they just want anything to do with the Death of Superman storyline, from lead-ins to actual full appearances.

inconceivable.jpg

I present X-factor 5 to support my argument as well. Its currently climbing in price just like MoS17 is.

Your hypothesis the same on this book?

Edited by Fastballspecial

inconceivable.jpg

I present X-factor 5 to support my argument as well. Its currently climbing in price just like MoS17 is.

Completest are nuts over having anything and everything related to a character they may appreciate.

Folks can laugh at MrWeen all they want. But there are so many people out there like him, there is a market if you find them. Just look at the Valiantfans.com folks. If a penguin figure has even been created to look like Solar, Magnus, X-O Manowar or Rai, they scoop them up repeatedly just to have anything-everything Valiant.

penguinssetupyl0.jpg

There are sellers making a nice chunk of change on these folks not because they laugh at them, but rather they keep feeding their needs. It may not be your focus, or how you collect. But that's our hobby. Many likes, many approaches.

Sean Chen Valiant penguins

“The penguins are sculpted and painted by Sean Chen.

“The Valiant penguins he made special for us over at the Valiantfans website. They are limited to about 40 pieces each. Sean Chen also sculpted and painted the Full size Solar statues, Red (36 copies), Black (10 copies) & unpainted (4 or 5 copies).”

inconceivable.jpg

Not that many buyers.

:whistle:

-slym

inconceivable.jpg

Not that many buyers.

-slym

BINGO!

I think he was saying "I'll go get you some..."

inconceivable.jpg

Not that many buyers.

-slym

BINGO!

Yeah its early. doh!

You still should have got it.

Edited by Fastballspecial

inconceivable.jpg

Not that many buyers.

-slym

BINGO!

Yeah its early. doh!

:baiting:

I read them last night. I'm pretty sure that I must have skipped reading them when I originally bought them. Not awful, but I think I'd rather have the cash that they are going for on Ebay than the books.

Time will tell if I ever get off my butt to scan and sell them though. :D

I don't know if I'd wait that long . . . :grin:

I bought them off the stands, but I can't actually remember anything about them. I'm not sure if that is because I didn't read them, or because they weren't very good. I'll have to read my 5 and 6 before I sell them. :D

I remember the first issue being a grand deal, but soon afterward... nothing. I'm surprised it faded that quickly.

inconceivable.jpg

Completest are nuts over having anything and everything related to a character they may appreciate.

Folks can laugh at MrWeen all they want. But there are so many people out there like him, there is a market if you find them. Just look at the Valiantfans.com folks. If a penguin figure has even been created to look like Solar, Magnus, X-O Manowar or Rai, they scoop them up repeatedly just to have anything-everything Valiant.

penguinssetupyl0.jpg

There are sellers making a nice chunk of change on these folks not because they laugh at them, but rather they keep feeding their needs. It may not be your focus, or how you collect. But that's our hobby. Many likes, many approaches.

The 'bubble penguins', I call 'em. I never understood the appeal, and definitely not the market of those things. I wasn't going to trash on the guy's selling thread, but in five years you'll see these things selling for much less.

Look at the comments from the wives...'are you kidding me', one day the collectors will realize the same thing.

inconceivable.jpg

Not that many buyers.

:hi:

Dan

-slym

BINGO!

Yeah its early. doh!

inconceivable.jpg

penguinssetupyl0.jpg

The 'bubble penguins', I call 'em. I never understood the appeal, and definitely not the market of those things. I wasn't going to trash on the guy's selling thread, but in five years you'll see these things selling for much less.

Look at the comments from the wives...'are you kidding me', one day the collectors will realize the same thing.

Really? I am sure glad the collectors didn't listen to you when I had to put my penguins & Solar statue up for sale. I won't say the price I got for anything, but it was priced aggresively because I didn't want to let them go easy and also to leave some wiggle room. No one bothered to haggle, I got what I asked for all of them.

:)

-slym

inconceivable.jpg

penguinssetupyl0.jpg

Really? I am sure glad the collectors didn't listen to you when I had to put my penguins & Solar statue up for sale. I won't say the price I got for anything, but it was priced aggresively because I didn't want to let them go easy and also to leave some wiggle room. No one bothered to haggle, I got what I asked for all of them.

-slym

See what I mean?

The Solar statue I could definitely have appreciated. The Chen penguins, not as much.

Folks can laugh at MrWeen all they want. But there are so many people out there like him, there is a market if you find them.

Yup, and this line of thinking is becoming more prevalent.

inconceivable.jpg

penguinssetupyl0.jpg

-slym

I never made these comments on the vf boards, and definitely not in someone's selling thread, so I'm not sure how someone could have 'listened to what I said'.

These will turn into board projects once the buzz wears off. And I enjoyed seeing people sell board projects for profit, total class. ;)

Edited by spreads

:lol:

:gossip: They were always board projects, and the "buzz" over the penguins has been going around for YEARS. They aren't new, although I think you know that. And the "glad they didn't listen to you" line was a bit of hyperbole, although I think you knew that too.

As far as selling my stuff? I had to. I didn't want to. I didn't take a vacation and buy booze with the money. I paid off bills with it so I could maintain having a roof over my head.

I cried when I actually sold those things. The only one I didn't feel bad about letting go was the Shadowpenguin, because I gave that one away to a boardie over there.

Thanks for thinking the worst about me without knowing the facts though. Total class!

-slym

I like 'em. (The penguins) What exactly are they, though?

Sean Chen Valiant penguins

“The penguins are sculpted and painted by Sean Chen.

“The Valiant penguins he made special for us over at the Valiantfans website. They are limited to about 40 pieces each. Sean Chen also sculpted and painted the Full size Solar statues, Red (36 copies), Black (10 copies) & unpainted (4 or 5 copies).”

:baiting:;)

-slym

inconceivable.jpg

penguinssetupyl0.jpg

I don't know about penguins but I have to have everything Deadpool and the only things left I need are a Mark Jeweler NM 98 and this Origami:

2013_deadpool_zps42c7ae16.jpg