• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

So I see lots of renewed movement and interest for Amazing Spider-Man #252. Copies in CGC 9.8 are clearing $200 and eBay "NM" copies are finding 30+ some watchers. What's the deal here? Why now? hm

NM+ hits $31 on eBay

zzz We have been getting $60 for 9.0 - 9.4 raw copies for two years now at local shows.........

Unbelieveable....I am so glad I've been hoarding them for the past year

I believe that one of the other boardies that sells with us has been getting as high as $80 for raw 9.2/9.4 copies here and there as well.......

So I see lots of renewed movement and interest for Amazing Spider-Man #252. Copies in CGC 9.8 are clearing $200 and eBay "NM" copies are finding 30+ some watchers. What's the deal here? Why now? hm

NM+ hits $31 on eBay

zzz We have been getting $60 for 9.0 - 9.4 raw copies for two years now at local shows.........

I believe that one of the other boardies that sells with us has been getting as high as $80 for raw 9.2/9.4 copies here and there as well.......

One of my raw copies from November last year :whistle:

Item Name:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #252 May 1984 VF/NM 9.0 W 1st New BLACK Costume MARVEL Comics

Item Number:

Total:

$50.00 USD

Wait, so are people already going crazy for MoS #18 now?

Is it already getting as much hype as X-Factor #6?

This is so unbelievably stupid doh!:facepalm:

MoS 18 has been selling quite well for awhile. Anywhere from 10-25 dollars for eBay NM. Most of the eBay sales have actually been under-priced as the listings typically sell within a few days. But no, it isn't getting anywhere near the hype that X-Factor 6 is getting. Not yet, anyway.

Over the past few months MoS 17 raws have been commanding a higher price than issue 18, although I think the reason for that is that there have been significantly fewer copies available. With the 5 printings of 18 that book is always readily available on eBay.

NM+ hits $31 on eBay

ASM 252s have been commanding decent prices for years now. This isn't news. If you've been hoarding them, you've been paying a good price for them too, because they have been $50+ books on E-Bay for a while now.

How is MOS 17 NM a $40 - $50 book?

YoudontuseLyria.jpg

Its just, theres a big price difference between 17 and 18.

I wasn't expecting it when I was pricing my issues out!

You should sell advertisement for your website on the boards so I could get more youtube video hits.

YoudontuseLyria.jpg

You should sell advertisement for your website on the boards so I could get more youtube video hits.

The MOS 17 is harder to find than the 18, you have to remember they killed superman because the books weren't selling and they wanted people to notice him

YoudontuseLyria.jpg

The MOS 17 is harder to find than the 18, you have to remember they killed superman because the books weren't selling and they wanted people to notice him

Wrong.

They killed Superman because the original plan for the big event of 1992 was the wedding of Clark and Lois. DC didn't want them to do it in the book at that time because they wanted the wedding to take place on the television show first. That's why the television and comic weddings took place at around the same time.

After the creators found out that their year-long story arc plans were scrapped, they decided to "kill" Superman instead. They had the death, and return story arcs completely planned out from the beginning. The only decision left was how long to keep him dead. They knew they had to go a few months with no ongoing Superman titles being published to try to sell the fact that Superman was really dead.

The Death of Superman animated DVD has an extra feature where they show the creators brainstorming the wedding, then when those plans got scrapped, showing how they planned out his death.

YoudontuseLyria.jpg

Wrong.

They killed Superman because the original plan for the big event of 1992 was the wedding of Clark and Lois. DC didn't want them to do it in the book at that time because they wanted the wedding to take place on the television show first. That's why the television and comic weddings took place at around the same time.

After the creators found out that their year-long story arc plans were scrapped, they decided to "kill" Superman instead. They had the death, and return story arcs completely planned out from the beginning. The only decision left was how long to keep him dead. They knew they had to go a few months with no ongoing Superman titles being published to try to sell the fact that Superman was really dead.

The Death of Superman animated DVD has an extra feature where they show the creators brainstorming the wedding, then when those plans got scrapped, showing how they planned out his death.

Wrong.

Dan Jurgens came home one day only to hear the sounds of a man yelling "superman, superman". It was me. With his wife.

He killed superman as a personal vendetta.

There was a bleedingcool article about it, so you can't really argue with it as not being fact.

YoudontuseLyria.jpg

Wrong.

Well aren't you just on top of things!

YoudontuseLyria.jpg

I really think people buying MoS 17 really don't understand the difference between a cameo and a full appearance. Or the buyers are flipping and they are new into the hobby or they are just greedy dumb card collectors.

I really think people buying MoS 17 really don't understand the difference between a cameo and a full appearance. Or the buyers are flipping and they are new into the hobby or they are just greedy dumb card collectors.

Or - and this may be a shocker for ya - they just want anything to do with the Death of Superman storyline, from lead-ins to actual full appearances.

:o:o:o

inconceivable.jpg

Or - and this may be a shocker for ya - they just want anything to do with the Death of Superman storyline, from lead-ins to actual full appearances.

inconceivable.jpg

Not that many buyers.

All get you some iocane powder to fix that pic too.

inconceivable.jpg

Not that many buyers.

What language is that you are speaking?

inconceivable.jpg

Not that many buyers.

What language is that you are speaking?

Hmm you post the pic, but havent seen the movie. :tonofbricks: