• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling my books

45 posts in this topic

i know your pain. i sold off half my collection this year. most of it was stuff i bought because i saw it on these boards, but really didn't love. i had a bunch of small runs, but very few full runs. selling off my early walking deads' still sucks, but i was lucky to be able to keep 90% of the stuff i really loved, and can get back the books i sold eventually (just nowhere near the prices i paid for them originally)

A home and happy wife will make life much better than comics.

very true. i hated selling my copy of walking dead #1 that i bought for pennies, but i sure did love paying my rent that month and keeping my GF happy. we both rebounded the very next month, so hopefully sometime in 2013 i'll be able to reacquire WD #1.

very true. i hated selling my copy of walking dead #1 that i bought for pennies, but i sure did love paying my rent that month and keeping my GF happy. we both rebounded the very next month, so hopefully sometime in 2013 i'll be able to reacquire WD #1.

I can understand Pats situation on buying a house,but if you have to sell books to keep the lights on or pay the rent.You should reevaluate your priorities. 2c

For virtually anything you own, you will be able to re-buy at the drop of a hat. One thing I have learned over the last 10 years is in almost all cases, people don't own comics, they temporarily let them stay in their homes for a little while before asking them to move on. What ever you part with now, you can re-acquire when the timing is right.

I couldn't have said it better myself. (thumbs u

Honestly we are all just curators of comics cause at the end of the day our comics out live the owners every time.

This is for Pat :hi:

Almost every book out there is very easy to re-buy.

Buy your house then figure out you really want in your collection and re-buy them at a later date.

Since I know you are a Batman collector most of everything you are selling can be easily bought back at a later date my friend.

(except the Pre-robin issues which I don't believe you bought yet anyway, so you should be good)

Unfortunately in this crazy and deranged world we live in a normal male is supposed to do right by his family first above everything else even Comics, I know abusard right. lol

I can understand Pats situation on buying a house,but if you have to sell books to keep the lights on or pay the rent.You should reevaluate your priorities. 2c

way to post without know what you're talking about. me and my GF lost our jobs earlier this year. my GF had a medical expense that i paid for with my savings. i sold books i had owned for years to get by after my savings was done. in fact, i didn't even buy comics after i lost my job.

I am raising money for our home. We have an offer in, and I have some work to do before we move in. I also have to buy the wife a car at the same time, so I am going to need an easy 6k extra...

Sounds like you're making this difficult because of your selfish desires. Should be a pretty easy thing to do if it's for your wife and family. 2c

I wouldnt say difficult. I would say that it is sad seeing books that I had to pay for in time payments (in some instances)go out. It is not like I will just plop down and buy them all over again. I do like my collection, I love my family though. So you are right as it IS an easy decision. It just saddens me that I do not have some stash of cash sitting around, and the only way I can raise the cash is by selling my belongings. So I would not say I am selfish, just sad to see my collection being disbanded.

Selfish was a poor choice of words. I also think its natural to feel sadness when you're parting with something that you have cared about for so long, however, as you know, the reason behind what you are doing ultimately makes the choice easy. All of this being said, we should all strive toward non-attachment anyway.

way to post without know what you're talking about. me and my GF lost our jobs earlier this year. my GF had a medical expense that i paid for with my savings. i sold books i had owned for years to get by after my savings was done. in fact, i didn't even buy comics after i lost my job.

How the hell am I to know you lost your jobs,huh! meh

Am I an F-ing mind reader,no.

For virtually anything you own, you will be able to re-buy at the drop of a hat. One thing I have learned over the last 10 years is in almost all cases, people don't own comics, they temporarily let them stay in their homes for a little while before asking them to move on. What ever you part with now, you can re-acquire when the timing is right.

This sums it up perfectly for me.

If there is a way to single out what is at the core of your collection or what really provides the foundation to it and leave it at that... it may be easier to determine what to part with.

Sort of what ComicDonna stated...

Good luck Pat! :)

Sorry to hear you are selling your books. It does seem to be the circle of comics. Eventually they get sold to someone else. Sooner or later it happens for most.

Best of luck with the new home and family.

At least you're not efficient at it... :whistle:
:whistle:
Don't start.. :sumo:

I'm selling off all my books too. :gossip:

Want to see it again? :acclaim:

I just sold another 25 books this morning. That's 55 Actions under #100 this month. :eek:

I had better go shopping before my wife decides to.

Half of me is disappointed that I did not have the opportunity to make an offer...

The other half of me (one that says to buy a house) is glad that that half did not have the opportunity to make an offer...

I just sold another 25 books this morning. That's 55 Actions under #100 this month. :eek:

I had better go shopping before my wife decides to.

Half of me is disappointed that I did not have the opportunity to make an offer...

The other half of me (one that says to buy a house) is glad that that half did not have the opportunity to make an offer...

I had plans to list them today. An offer I couldn't refuse was made this morning on all 25 books. :sorry:

Buying a house is a better choice. Action war issues can be aquired on a regular basis. As a matter of fact, I will let you know if I see a nice one come up FS.

I have read so many threads here about members selling their books. The "I became disconnected", or "after awhile I did not care anymore", or "I guess I really did not want them any more". Well :censored: that! I have been selling my books and it sucks!!! It is depressing, and I really do not ever want to do this again... Every book leads to sellers remorse, and I have no choice.. So to the guys thinking of doing this, think hard. It is really no fun. :cry:

Jeez, sorry you're still struggling with this, Pat. Rest assured the Avengers #4 you sold me a couple years ago is in a loving home.

:foryou: I'll tell it you said, 'hi' :foryou: