• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #700

316 posts in this topic

I flipped back through this thread and I may have missed it but has anyone brought up the 91 SS 9.8 ditko variants on the census? With 102 total graded SS copies that is about 100 more copies than any of the other covers. Were these a promotion that went straight to CGC?

http://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Amazing+Spider%2DMan&publisher=Marvel+Comics&issue=700&year=2013&issuedate=2%2F13

hadnt noticed this, wonder if its related to the "Birthday signing" notation the lone SS on ebay has... Anyone have info on this "event" that constituted the special notation request? Im gonna guess the notation request was not just for one submitted book...

Okay, better informed collectors, what's the deal with this cover:

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_700_Rubinstein_Variant_Textless.jpg

CLZ Comics (my collection database I use)has it listed as #700B "Joe Rubinstein 50th Anniversary Variant Cover"

Soooooooooooooooooooo, did this one not make it to the printer?

EDIT: I spoiler'd it because the image is so large.

Joe Rubenstein had this to say: ""Hey guys, IT'S NOT REAL! It s a commssioned figure I did for a collector several years ago."

:foryou:

Mile High had the Ditko variants available last night for $750.

I could have picked one up but it was about $750 more than it was worth to me.

Given the fluctuation of prices on eBay, I didn't want to be the one holding the hot potato.

Mile High had the Ditko variants available last night for $750.

I could have picked one up but it was about $750 more than it was worth to me.

Given the fluctuation of prices on eBay, I didn't want to be the one holding the hot potato.

Which means since you didn't buy it, it would have graded out CGC 10.0, and sold on e-bay for $25,000 :P

I could barely finish reading it but the only thing worse than the art work was the story line. The last panel was so corny it was barf worthy. I haven't picked up this series on a regular basis since issues #200-#250 and this latest issue certainly won't make me change my mind about that, garbage!

So this confirms cgc does not mark ASM 700 as first superior appearance or even cameo. Looking forward to seeing a dd and as15.1 notes.

Not on Avenging Spider-man notes, don't see it on dd either.

So this confirms cgc does not mark ASM 700 as first superior appearance or even cameo. Looking forward to seeing a dd and as15.1 notes.

Interesting they don't seemed sold on the "death" of Peter Parker either.

Quotation death.

CGC usually puts the word death in quotes. Apparently, the only person to ever stay did in the Marvel Universe is Uncle Ben ;)

K.

Not sure about that, last time I checked.....ben was doing just fine. :)

imgres-19.jpeg