• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Least mainstream book on your pull list?

28 posts in this topic

Are you a "Walking Dead" fan, too, Jayman?

Funny, when the first issue came out I picked it up and thought "pretty good but just another Dawn of the Dead storyline". Then I read some reviews in CSN about the story not being about the zombies but more of a human survival tale. Somehow at the time I didn't think I would like it and decided to pass on the title. There is just so much I can spend on books each week... 893blahblah.gif

Now I hear it is getting great reviews and I have seen the trade out. What's your take on it? How does it compare to Remains, if at all?

PS: Love the new avatar! shocked.gif

The first trade is absolutely BRILLIANT (and cheap!)... like most of the zombie books, it borrows heavily from DotD, but the story is more about the characters themselves... I'm having deja vu writing this.

27_laughing.gif I know we've discussed it before. You should run a search here on the forum for "Walking Dead". It's received many favorable reviews... I'm just sad that the old artist (Moore, I believe) has now left the book.

Pick up the trade, pick up the individual issues, you won't be disappointed!!! thumbsup2.gif

Rob, these are some good reads!

Dark Horse

Conan

Chosen

IDW

Silent Hill Dying Inside

Remains

30 Days of Knight Return to Barrow

I might have to scrape up some cash to check out some of the others you listed.

Where is Chosen # 3???

I'm with you on the Dark Horse Conan: Nice art & good stories! thumbsup2.gif

To me, when Marvel had the title, I lost interest when Barry-Windsor-Smith left. That the title continued as long as it did afterward still amazes me! juggle.gif

Are you a "Walking Dead" fan, too, Jayman?

Funny, when the first issue came out I picked it up and thought "pretty good but just another Dawn of the Dead storyline". Then I read some reviews in CSN about the story not being about the zombies but more of a human survival tale. Somehow at the time I didn't think I would like it and decided to pass on the title. There is just so much I can spend on books each week... 893blahblah.gif

Now I hear it is getting great reviews and I have seen the trade out. What's your take on it? How does it compare to Remains, if at all?

PS: Love the new avatar! shocked.gif

The first trade is absolutely BRILLIANT (and cheap!)... like most of the zombie books, it borrows heavily from DotD, but the story is more about the characters themselves... I'm having deja vu writing this.

27_laughing.gif I know we've discussed it before. You should run a search here on the forum for "Walking Dead". It's received many favorable reviews... I'm just sad that the old artist (Moore, I believe) has now left the book.

Pick up the trade, pick up the individual issues, you won't be disappointed!!! thumbsup2.gif

Read the trade today in the car. 6 issues for $10. Hard to beat. And damned good too. Eagerly await trade 2.