• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Superhero Movie of all Time - for releases thru 2012 - Poll

Best Superhero Movie of all time  

903 members have voted

1. 1. Best Superhero Movie of all time

195 posts in this topic

Avengers and The Dark Knight are very close. The big difference for me is that the Batman movies are great movies, but I felt like Avengers had a better comic book feel to it.

The Avengers felt like the Marvel Universe coming to life in front of me. It was just so well done and the interaction between the heroes was perfect.

Which Marvel universe?

The one that Marvel made.

Really...because the Avengers movie didn't remind me at all of the Marvel universe I used to read about (shrug)

Well, it wasn't perfect, but it felt like a comic book universe- more than The Dark Knight too.

But yea it wasn't exactly Silver Age Marvel.

Spidey 1 :headbang:

Seeing Spider-Man movie in the theater the first time was an amazing feeling. But don't you think Spider-Man 2 was the better of the Raimi films? I'd put it up in the top 3 comic movies.

Dunno why, but Spidey 1 did a lot more for me than 2. Spidey 2 was still mighty boss though, don't get me wrong. I didn't even hate 3. :shy:

My favorite super hero movie: Krrish

Look it up! (Check out the fight scenes). Yep, I am a total geek!

Others: X-Men first Class, Avengers, Superman II

Worst for me: Hellboy. I could not even finish it. X-Men last stand (pile of junk)

I've never heard of Krrish.

I looked it up.

Singapore-based Dr. Siddhant Arya recruits a superhumanly powerful Indian-born man named Rohit Mehra, who was given special powers by a blue-skinned alien named Jadoo, to build a computer that can forecast the future, which results in an accident that kills Rohit. When this news reaches Rohit's mother, Sonia, in India, she passes this on to Rohit's wife, Nisha, who has just given birth to a son named Krishna. However, Nisha, unable to handle this devastating news, passes away, leaving Krishna to be brought up by Sonia. When Krishna is enrolled in school, she notices that he has the same intellectual and physical powers that his father possessed, so in order to shield him from any harm, she moves to a secluded and remote area in a mountainous region of the country, where he grows up. Years later, Krishna has matured, has acquired the same special powers that his father had, and is also able to communicate with animals...

lol

I'm definitely going to check this movie out.

Thank you.

You should.

Funny IMDB write up. Is about the first 3 minutes of the movie... Wierd! Does not reflect what the movie is about.

Avengers and The Dark Knight are very close. The big difference for me is that the Batman movies are great movies, but I felt like Avengers had a better comic book feel to it.

The Avengers felt like the Marvel Universe coming to life in front of me. It was just so well done and the interaction between the heroes was perfect.

Which Marvel universe?

Really...because the Avengers movie didn't remind me at all of the Marvel universe I used to read about (shrug)

The one from the 1940's?

Which Marvel universe?

Well, it wasn't perfect, but it felt like a comic book universe- more than The Dark Knight too.

Is that what you wanted?

:preach:

I guess I am showing my age as I picked Superman (1978). I was 11 and the movie had just come out around Christmas time. Waited forever in line to get in and sat through it twice. As a comic book fan, it was awesome to see the story on the silver screen. It was the first superhero movie to have real success and paved the way for the rest of them.

Which Marvel universe?

Is that what you wanted?

Did I want Silver Age Marvel? No, it'd be a bit dated. I think they did a good job modernizing the feel of the film.

I wonder if that is what Logan510 wanted though...

I really enjoyed Thomas Jane in The Punisher. Other for me.

I thought it was a fun movie too! Did you see Janes short film about Punisher,very cool.

That was awesome, I think the Punisher films are underrated, I even liked the second one, its just a pity Jane wasnt playing the part.

I thought it was a fun movie too! Did you see Janes short film about Punisher,very cool.

That was awesome, I think the Punisher films are underrated, I even liked the second one, its just a pity Jane wasnt playing the part.

(thumbs u

The Punisher books would make great edgy TV shows in the same vein as Wiseguy. Each season Frank Castle could bring down a crimelord while working his way up the criminal food chain to his family's killer, while wrestling with his dual identities and grieving. Actors would kill for a role like this.

But seriously, what ever happened to Ken Wahl?

Avengers, for me. It had every element I would want out of a good superhero movie, and I'll be honest, I'm biased towards almost anthing Whedon-related anyway. It is also what I would call "re-watchable."

Avengers is on par for me with movies like the older Star Wars movies, Shawshank Redemption, and Ghostbusters. If it's on, I'm watching it. I caught myself watching it in stores when they were promoting the DVD release. I think I'd get depressed watching the Batman movies "on repeat," even though they are very good.

The Dark Knight was #2. Iron Man was #3. When I was a kid, I read Spidey, X-Men, and Batman. I have several Batman movies in my Top 10, but only X-Men: First Class from the other two, and that's a little disappointing to me.

id pick the last batman over avengers for me. i think it says something to how good the film is when its about 2 and a half hours and batman is on camera for what? half an hour? i cant see the avengers being as good if stark was stark all the time ( actually, he might be the only one that would be good).

but my fav is ROCKETEER. perfectly captures the look and feel of the 40's and dave stevens books

I picked superman 2 - best of that franchise and best on that list.

Incredibles shouldnt have been on that list, nor the lesser spider man or iron man sequels.

batman returns should have been in that list - considering how huge it was when it came out and how good it was.

watchmen was the best adaptation of a comic book to movies. my personal choice for best superhero movie of all time may be Mystery Men.

Which Marvel universe?

Is that what you wanted?

Did I want Silver Age Marvel? No, it'd be a bit dated. I think they did a good job modernizing the feel of the film.

I wonder if that is what Logan510 wanted though...

How about like any Avengers I've ever read? It was nothing like any of those.