• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Superhero Movie of all Time - for releases thru 2012 - Poll

Best Superhero Movie of all time  

903 members have voted

1. 1. Best Superhero Movie of all time

195 posts in this topic

:preach:

I guess I am showing my age as I picked Superman (1978). I was 11 and the movie had just come out around Christmas time. Waited forever in line to get in and sat through it twice. As a comic book fan, it was awesome to see the story on the silver screen. It was the first superhero movie to have real success and paved the way for the rest of them.

I picked that one as well, though I also really liked Batman Begins and Iron Man a lot...hard to pick just one.

I've never really understood the popularity of The Dark Knight, it was an OK film but I was never very impressed with it and I preferred Batman Begins greatly so it's nothing to do with my being a Marvel zombie.

I can't put my finger on why I wasn't impressed with the film but I just couldn't get into it that much and got a bit bored at times. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood to watch it and should give it another try sometime but surely I wasn't the only person to think this?

I've never really understood the popularity of The Dark Knight, it was an OK film but I was never very impressed with it and I preferred Batman Begins greatly so it's nothing to do with my being a Marvel zombie.

I can't put my finger on why I wasn't impressed with the film but I just couldn't get into it that much and got a bit bored at times. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood to watch it and should give it another try sometime but surely I wasn't the only person to think this?

Heath was awesome! The scenes without him were as blah as the rest of the trilogy, but he kicked major !! :headbang:

Avengers and The Dark Knight are very close. The big difference for me is that the Batman movies are great movies, but I felt like Avengers had a better comic book feel to it.

The Avengers felt like the Marvel Universe coming to life in front of me. It was just so well done and the interaction between the heroes was perfect.

Which Marvel universe?

The one that Marvel made.

Really...because the Avengers movie didn't remind me at all of the Marvel universe I used to read about (shrug)

Well, it wasn't perfect, but it felt like a comic book universe- more than The Dark Knight too.

But yea it wasn't exactly Silver Age Marvel.

Is that what you wanted?

Did I want Silver Age Marvel? No, it'd be a bit dated. I think they did a good job modernizing the feel of the film.

I wonder if that is what Logan510 wanted though...

How about like any Avengers I've ever read? It was nothing like any of those.

So what would you have preferred?

The witty banter between characters and the action had a feel of a Marvel Universe. Was it verbatim? No. But it felt like a comic book more to me than some of the other films.

I felt like this the first couple of times. Loved Batman Begins, enjoyed the Dark Knight but there was something missing but with each viewing it grew on me. Definetly watch it again, as a trilogy if i were you.

Okay, for reals ... what was up with that "I'm always angry" bit?? Does that make some sort of sense? I still dug Avengers, but that preys on my serenity.

Of course it does...because it was STUPID. Kind of like how Tony Stark tells Bruce Banner "And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster". Nice little chuckle for the fans, but totally out of character and stupid.

Avengers and The Dark Knight are very close. The big difference for me is that the Batman movies are great movies, but I felt like Avengers had a better comic book feel to it.

The Avengers felt like the Marvel Universe coming to life in front of me. It was just so well done and the interaction between the heroes was perfect.

Which Marvel universe?

Really...because the Avengers movie didn't remind me at all of the Marvel universe I used to read about (shrug)

Well, it wasn't perfect, but it felt like a comic book universe- more than The Dark Knight too.

Is that what you wanted?

Did I want Silver Age Marvel? No, it'd be a bit dated. I think they did a good job modernizing the feel of the film.

The witty banter between characters and the action had a feel of a Marvel Universe. Was it verbatim? No. But it felt like a comic book more to me than some of the other films.

Characters who were in character would've been a nice starting point.

Which Marvel universe?

Is that what you wanted?

And who wasn't in character? They might not have been perfect, but the essence of the characters was there from what I saw. Especially if you look at the other movies and the established Universe.

Which Marvel universe?

Is that what you wanted?

And who wasn't in character? They might not have been perfect, but the essence of the characters was there from what I saw. Especially if you look at the other movies and the established Universe.

??? You're correct. The characters were very in character to how they were portrayed in the recent movies (shrug)

Okay, for reals ... what was up with that "I'm always angry" bit?? Does that make some sort of sense? I still dug Avengers, but that preys on my serenity.

Of course it does...because it was STUPID. Kind of like how Tony Stark tells Bruce Banner "And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster". Nice little chuckle for the fans, but totally out of character and stupid.

But does it make sense in any way? I mean...

angry = HULK

angry all the time = HULK ALL THE TIME

no? Why not just throw in a McGuffin drug, or some Zen nonsense or something...anything really? And hadn't he JUST lost control and turned all Hulkish in the helicarrier, 'cuz he couldn't control himself?