• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2013 book club

701 posts in this topic

At the moment I'm not sure if I'll enter the "1000 comics in 2013" as I still kinda feel I overdid it this year and I don't want it to become a chore just to beat last year's number.
That's why I stopped after 2011. It felt like a chore.

Doesn't have to be. Just use it as a motivator to read books on a regular basis.

Reading new DC books every month - now that's a chore.

Got to 1004 comics this year. Let's see if I can beat that nr in 2013...

I do think there should be a 2000 comic and even a 3000 comic topic for those that 1000 is childsplay (you know who you are :grin:)

I can't do 3000 ... that's a little too much. I was all read out at around 2400 this year, but because last year I didn't get to 2500 I really wanted to do it this year. So the last 100 or so was pushing it a bit as I really was longing to finally read a book again.

After I stopped at 2500 just before Xmas I started reading a book...and of course I picked this one :

24_marvelhistory_2012_09_28_bk01_z.jpg

doh!

At the moment I'm not sure if I'll enter the "1000 comics in 2013" as I still kinda feel I overdid it this year and I don't want it to become a chore just to beat last year's number.

Set your goal at 1000 and stop when you got there (thumbs u

I also got that book. Bought it as a download. Still need to start on it. First need to finish 3 other books I started. Yes, I read multiple books at the same time. I need to switch in between...

ASM 674-675.

I am re-reading Slott's run to see if I like it any better. I am enjoying it a lot more. This was a fun story about the Vulture. Peter's identity screws with his love life and MJ gets some quality face time.

Slott's run got over shadowed by his big events (Spider-Island, Ends of the Earth, and Dying Wish). I had forgotten about some of these in between stories and I'm finding I really liked them. It is a shame his run has the above stories that I felt fell flat.

Oh and art his run is hit or miss. Ramos has grown a bit on me since my extreme hatred of him a few months ago. The guy on these two issues is named Camuncoli and he is awful. His cheek bones are all over the place. Even with Klaus Janson (who I consider one of the best) inks it still looks bad.

2013 Total: 2

Thought I'd give this ago as kept seeing the thread last year and wished I joined in. Do we just keep editing to 1 post to list our books read?

This is from midnight then:

Wolverine agent of shield 1-6

Daredevil end of days #2 and #3

Hellboy seed of destruction #3

Total so far = 9

Thought I'd give this ago as kept seeing the thread last year and wished I joined in. Do we just keep editing to 1 post to list our books read?

That is a good question.

Just make new posts for each set of books you read and keep a running total.

Take a look at the 2011 and 2012 threads to see how it has been done for the past 2 years.

Thanks for the help!

I decided to re-read some classics I had in the Marvel Masterworks:

AF 15

ASM 1

ASM 2

Add on ASM 676 to finish out the night.

New Total: 6

Take a look at the 2011 and 2012 threads to see how it has been done for the past 2 years.

Thanks for the help!

I decided to re-read some classics I had in the Marvel Masterworks:

AF 15

ASM 1

ASM 2

New Total: 5

:applause: