• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Year's Resolutions thread...

43 posts in this topic

[font:Times New Roman]It's still early and I haven't worked through all of my personal and collecting goals for next year. New Year's resolutions may seem a little corny, but this thread is intended as one of reflection and aspiration.

My non-collecting goals tend to be more introspective: To be more thoughtful and hopefully make a few more friends. I'd like to meet and share good times with more boardies, be a better communicator and perhaps a bit less snarky (I'm sure folks are already thinking: Good luck with that!). That last goal may be a toughie.

Collecting (relatively simple): To acquire more long sought after GA comics and maybe finish out a run (my first, as I've never made a run of any GA title as a goal before).

Now it's your turn. Any takers?[/font] hm

I work a LOT of hours. I work a LOT of of ODD hours. It is not uncommon for me to work through the night and operate on only a few hours of sleep. With that said, when you are always on the run, you eat pretty badly.

It has been 366 days since I swore last New Years Eve to not step foot into any of the following or anything like it.

McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell (that was the toughest), Wendy's, Checkers, White Castle, Nathan's, All-American (Anyone familiar with the South Shore of Long Island knows the local love) and all other franchise fast food places except for Subway. I stopped cold turkey (not even a cup of coffee) and at this point I can tell you that it is like they claim. There was a sense of withdrawal- especially Taco Bell.

The funny thing is that 12 months later, I have no urge to step foot into one of these places again. In fact I do not think my body could handle it the grease that goes into it. I shudder to think of what would happen simply scarfing down a barrage of belly bombers at the Castle.

So what for this year? Who knows. I will think of something.

As far as collecting goes? I am toying with the idea of selling off all Spider-man slabs above 200. I already have raw copies of these issues and the money generated could go towards something else. Again, we will see.

With that... I am off to meet up friends... and if I can manage it I will post a pic of the inside of MSG tonight. Anyone who is interested can share my free download of the show. (It comes with tonight's ticket)

"See you in another life Brutha.."

I resolve to not call dumb noobs "turds" anymore on the CGC boards. I will be a nicer board member and will come up with a more happy word to call these dumb noobs. I am open to suggestions.

:insane:

For collecting purposes I plan to go crazy on pre-code horror books. Just finally got a CS#22 coming in and plan to cover a wall in these comics.

Also gonna add a ton of sketches to the collection.

Lose weight, 20 to 30 lbs (yeah right)

Dump a bunch of money into my car

That's really about it. I have more goals that need accomplishing but I don't see them happening in 2013. I've been pretty good at setting goals and accomplishing them but I've hit a wall with my weight loss after losing like 70 or 80 lbs. Just can't lose any more. I have been loosening up on the diet and exercise quite a bit though. We'll see when I get back to it. Just got done working out right now :D

personal : starting working out again or at least start jogging again (its been 2 years and many MANY burgers since I've bothered to do either)

collecting : get an Xmen 1!

eyeing this little gem here, auction date TBD!

ojjxpz.jpg

1. Clear all my debt but my house

2. Start an ebay store to move my mass of cfrap

3. Add a couple poster wall commissions

4. Focus entirely on celebrity SS books

Personal:

- quit smoking (7 days in, The only Christmas gift my wife asked for, for her and my newborn daughter)

- lose 30 lbs

- realize my job is much further down the line of importance then my family/friends

Collecting:

- acquire a Hulk #1

- complete my X-men run 1-93

- complete my Avengers run 1-100

- sell off most of my modern stuff

Personal:

- quit smoking (7 days in, The only Christmas gift my wife asked for, for her and my newborn daughter)

- lose 30 lbs

Quitting smoking and losing weight never seem to go hand-in-hand, but good luck! I quit about 6 months ago, and it's still stickin'

However, I find myself now with a nasty cheeseburger habit.

Personal: Find a positive way to deal with my stress and anxiety. Stop being so self-critical. Continue training for my half-marathon. Find a Job.

Comic related: Out collect Seanfingh in SS labels. :insane: Okay seriously though, just collect what I love. Continue with my random(yet awesome) SS label collection and my John Totleben and Dave Stevens collections. I would also like to meet some boardies at SDCC. Read more comics, of course.