• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 Comic Art Goals

67 posts in this topic

Happy New Year! Anyone care to share some comic art goals for the year? I figure sharing my want list can't really hurt. I'm going to try to stay focused. Looking for the following

Preacher page with Saint of Killers.

Another Y: The Last Man cover. Prefer 29, 33, 38, or 58

Early Marvel Transformers cover. Prefer 25

Death of Superman page fromt he original storyline.

133368.jpg.95a4fa4963913065aa854b87dd55dee1.jpg

133369.jpg.4bd8bff59f859e31bb2d4fb3d3988000.jpg

133370.jpg.ecc0e34c6fe046634784fbf8de918a62.jpg

133371.jpg.385e52db7ec5a443d164c82f89df1305.jpg

133372.jpg.36ff0c9c92ed0a0f6d5709b33adbbf50.jpg

I have nothing specific planned except to go to Heroes for the first time and shop. :)

That sounds like a great goal. There is so much great art there, it would directly contradict my statement about staying focused. lol

Happy New Year! Anyone care to share some comic art goals for the year? I figure sharing my want list can't really hurt. I'm going to try to stay focused. Looking for the following

Preacher page with Saint of Killers.

Another Y: The Last Man cover. Prefer 29, 33, 38, or 58

Early Marvel Transformers cover. Prefer 25

Death of Superman page fromt he original storyline.

Any Y cover for me. :)

I have nothing specific planned except to go to Heroes for the first time and shop. :)

All the shows I picked for 2013 focus on being able to shop for comics.

I just posted my want list yesterday in the Marketplace section, and it's also in my sig, but it bears repeating:

Howard the Duck OA.

Top priority: Gene Golan Howard the Duck OA.

But also Brunner, Buscema (John or Sal) and Mayerik (only Fear #19, though, not his later contributions) Howard the Duck OA.

Happy 2013, everyone.

Goals for 2013

1. to finally get my commission from Tom Nguyen going on 4 years.

2. Cursed Pirate Girl by CPW3 (on list)

3. Another batgirl special page by kitson (no idea where any are and never see them)

4. DC Empire Covers I don' t have (not holding my breath, they are locked up :) )

5. Sixth Gun Cover by Brian Hurtt

Should complete half my list

1. A cover from the Death/Reign of Superman storyline.

2. More pages from the Death/Reign of Superman storyline.

3. A commission from Grummett, Guice, Jurgens, or Bogdanove.

4. More Josh Howard art.

Goals for 2013?

Since I'm a focused collector, that's easy.

More quality MICRONAUTS, choice BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, the occasional ROM: Spackenight, specific US manga like STAR BLAZERS or CAPTAIN HARLOCK, as well as the occasional odd and end.

I think, though, that I'm beginning to bump against a ceiling... getting harder and harder to find any of the above that I like (at a tolerable price). While there's likely plenty of the above in existence, I think they're buried deep in well-established impenetrable collections. Even recent pieces that I've missed out on have vanished without a WebWhisper.

I likely will have to make some decisions on the direction my collecting will take:

1) expand to a less-focused collection,

2) in the absence of published OA being available, refocus assets slightly to specific commissions

3) sit tight and accumulate assets to hopefully take advantage of future (likely more expensive) opportunities; requires discipline.

Likely a slight blending of all of the above.

Yeah, I do love Rom art, and try to pick up pages whenever I can.

BUT, 3 of my 4 Rom pages are sheer perfection to me, and were purchased years ago at reasonable prices. Whenever I see other decent pages these days, they go for 3 times what I paid for my others.

So...probably not going to get any more. I have one page that I'll probably sell, but I really want a replacement for it, as it's my only page with the Akin/Garvey inks. it's just not a "perfect" page, if ya know what I mean...

I'm also always looking for pages from Super Friends #3... I'd love to get some more pages from that book in 2013.

Other than that, my main art goal for 2013 is to actually let go of many of my pages. I have a stack of art that I like, but don't "love" any more. So sad... but I've come to the conclusion that I need to be more selective with the pages that I buy, and I also need to have some funds for any additional commissions I might want, as some of the artists that I want to get tend to be over $1000 (for what I'd want, at least).

3) sit tight and accumulate assets to hopefully take advantage of future (likely more expensive) opportunities; requires discipline.

Yeah, I think I'm at this stage finally...

Good times!

Okay, main goals are to finish what I started in 2012.

Finish paying off this -

drac44p1.jpg

and then finish paying off my two New Year's Eve sale purchases from Roger Clark!

here is one

Truman+-+Ratdog+-+Hot+Tuna+poster+art.JPG

My goals for 2013, not very specific:

1. Inked Virgil Finlay

2. Batman Sprang page

3. Bill Everett (all) Sub-Mariner

4. Little Annie Fanny page by Will Elder

5. Don Martin Captain Klutz

6. Hal Foster Prince Valiant panel

I almost never have art goals, so it will be the same thing this year.

I'll know what I like when I see it, and I'll make a run at it if required.

Most of the art that required "seeking" that I am interested in I have already sought out (and bought if the price was ok with me)

Malvin

Finish paying off this -

drac44p1.jpg

Too funny! I remember looking at this splash way back at a Wondercon convention when Bechara owned it. I seriously thought about buying it ! It is quite spectacular in person.

Finish paying off this -

drac44p1.jpg

Too funny! I remember looking at this splash way back at a Wondercon convention when Bechara owned it. I seriously thought about buying it ! It is quite spectacular in person.

Yeah, a year or two before he split it up I saw the whole issue in one of his portfolios. By the time I saw this again Burkey had it and I know I paid a markup, but that is okay. It is a great page and I cannot wait to get it in February or March.

Finish paying off this -

drac44p1.jpg

Yeah, a year or two before he split it up I saw the whole issue in one of his portfolios. By the time I saw this again Burkey had it and I know I paid a markup, but that is okay. It is a great page and I cannot wait to get it in February or March.

Big congrats on it! It is an amazing splash (worship)