• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Comics, Superworld and Comic World

178 posts in this topic

Not to pick nits, but there's nobody that you can buy from and "take it to the bank," I'm sorry to say. I've bought books from Sulipa on multiple occasions. The last order I got consisted of four SA books. Two of which were exactly as described, but two had detached centerfolds. One of them had five detached wraps.

I emailed Doug and sent the books back and was immediately credited for a refund. I would buy from him again scan unseen in a heartbeat, but that doesn't mean he's right 100% of the time.

All the other times I have bought from Doug were for Copper & Bronze books and they were for the most part undergraded or at the very least spot-on.

Lastly Doug Sulipa at Comicworld is probably the best grader I have run into. It actually looks like he undergrads when you see the books you order. CGC grading tells me it’s actually spot on. His web site is a little difficult to navigate, to say the least, but when he gives a grade you can take it to the bank.

I've heard good things about Doug's grading, and I like the fact that he tries to stock everything, not just the high-dollar stuff.

The sticking point for me has been his ordering system. I don't have a problem buying sight-unseen from a dealer with a good rep. But his system, as I understand it, is: send him a list and then wait to be informed of a) whether it's available b) what condition it is c) what the price is....and the expectation that you're obligated to buy whatever he comes back with.

To my experience, that last part is not true.

I've declined books on several occassions with no repercussions, only friendly professional emails.

His communication is excellent.

Agreed on all parts. Doug's grading is excellent and he's quick to respond and easy to deal with.

I will never do business with Mile High again. After his attempt to take advantage of the Sandy incident I'd have no interest in his store.

+1

I unsubscribed from his e-mails after that episode and won't be giving them any of my money again.

I will never do business with Mile High again. After his attempt to take advantage of the Sandy incident I'd have no interest in his store.

+1

I unsubscribed from his e-mails after that episode and won't be giving them any of my money again.

What happened?

+1

What happened?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6123283&fpart=1

I will never do business with Mile High again. After his attempt to take advantage of the Sandy incident I'd have no interest in his store. I also bought a silver age ASM issue in the store once a few years back when I lived in the area. My wife convinced me to buy it although I felt like it was over priced. Needless to say, when I got home and looked it up it was indeed overpriced. Now I accept onus for that, but looking around their website the last year or so I have noticed that their prices are high across the board. They get beat out by Midtown and Mycomicshop. I usually will fill up a cart of issues from each store and see who which has the best total. Mile High is always the highest.

Yeah the Sandy sale was very classy (thumbs u

Mycomicshop/Lone Star Comics is the best! Check them out if you are ever in Arlington.

I like Chuck a lot and think he deserves better than what he got. His last fight he had was pretty good, he looked the best shape I've seen him in for ages and then he got caught when he got over confident going in for the finish ;-(

+1

What happened?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6123283&fpart=1

Thanks Povertyrow for the link and all I can say about Chuck's newsletter is :facepalm:

I bought from Ted once about 10 years ago, had to return the book due to over-grading. Ted was totally cool about.

He seems like a really nice guy, but when I periodically check his site and the scans he has posted.....eh, just looks too off on grading for me.

There are dealers that grade far worse than Ted. Some who get high praises from members here.

I've never had a problem dealing with Ted. He's fun to talk to and will always give a refund if you want to return it.

He's a really nice guy. (thumbs u

Lastly Doug Sulipa at Comicworld is probably the best grader I have run into. It actually looks like he undergrads when you see the books you order. CGC grading tells me it’s actually spot on. His web site is a little difficult to navigate, to say the least, but when he gives a grade you can take it to the bank.

I've heard good things about Doug's grading, and I like the fact that he tries to stock everything, not just the high-dollar stuff.

The sticking point for me has been his ordering system. I don't have a problem buying sight-unseen from a dealer with a good rep. But his system, as I understand it, is: send him a list and then wait to be informed of a) whether it's available b) what condition it is c) what the price is....and the expectation that you're obligated to buy whatever he comes back with.

To my experience, that last part is not true.

I've declined books on several occassions with no repercussions, only friendly professional emails.

His communication is excellent.

Agreed on all parts. Doug's grading is excellent and he's quick to respond and easy to deal with.

+1

Great if Ted has gotten tighter, it was always hit and miss with me.

Mile High won't get any of my biz unless it's a slab, and it's 99% off listed price. I'm done rolling the dice with raw books with them.

I agree with your comments on Doug.

Ever notice on Pedigree Comics, Doug says in every book listed that he feels the book should be resubmitted because he thinks it's under graded? Every single book has that in the description! PGC The Mint says the same thing, every book is under graded!

Ever notice on Pedigree Comics, Doug says in every book listed that he feels the book should be resubmitted because he thinks it's under graded? Every single book has that in the description! PGC The Mint says the same thing, every book is under graded!

I couldn't tell you the last time I looked at anything on Pedigree Comics. :eyeroll: