• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAGA RRP Club Thread

946 posts in this topic

If it is in fact insured, I would be tempted just to say I never got it and let the USPS foot the bill on that one. It's certainly their fault. And...I don't know if that would be eligible for a new holder given the extent of the damage. Does it look like the book might have been damaged also...?

Paid for siganture but they left it? Probably for the very reason they were afraid of the possibility of damage and didn't want to face you.

Cause heck man!

This..

That is ridiculous... I wonder what that guy did to smash the box up like that

If it is in fact insured, I would be tempted just to say I never got it and let the USPS foot the bill on that one. It's certainly their fault. And...I don't know if that would be eligible for a new holder given the extent of the damage. Does it look like the book might have been damaged also...?

I already contacted the seller and stated what happened. Just waiting to hear back. It appears the the upper left post is cracked so I'm going to assume it needs regrading. Doesn't appear the book suffered but it had to take a nice shock to cause this kind of damage

eBay offers buyer protection. At the very least, they would ask him to send the book back to the seller for a refund.

i agree, between eBay and his Credit Card, he shouldnt have an issue getting a refund. But that's not the point here. We as the collecting community have suffered the loss of a high grade RRP :( Someone can always work and earn more money, but they arent printing anymore RRPs

But that's not the point here. We as the collecting community have suffered the loss of a high grade RRP :( Someone can always work and earn more money, but they arent printing anymore RRPs

!=

Doesn't appear the book suffered but it had to take a nice shock to cause this kind of damage

eBay offers buyer protection. At the very least, they would ask him to send the book back to the seller for a refund.

i agree, between eBay and his Credit Card, he shouldnt have an issue getting a refund. But that's not the point here. We as the collecting community have suffered the loss of a high grade RRP :( Someone can always work and earn more money, but they arent printing anymore RRPs

I seriously doubt the book is ruined. Just looks like case damage to me.

Nah. Cracked corners like that rarely cause damage. CGC cases protect the books pretty well, even when they are wrecked in the process. If the book doesn't look damaged, then it isnt.

Honestly the book looks good but I'm not going to gamble. I brought it into the post office and showed them. They said the seller would at least get his shipping back lol. She did imply, tightly lipped, because it wasn't signed for, the seller may get reimbursed somewhat. Regardless, the seller was very cool about it and asked me to return it to him.

Damn, hate to see the death of a high grade RRP :(

Saga 1 RRP CGC 9.8 died suddenly of traumatic circumstances on Feb 16th, 2013. Born Feb 2012, Saga is being written by Brian K Vaughn and drawn by Fiona Staples. Enjoying a surge in popularity and speculation, great things were expected from Saga 1 RRP. Aside from leaving behind it's parents (BKV & Fiona) are at present, issues 1-10, #7 Ghost variant and it's publisher Image Comics.

Funeral arrangements will be private and the owner has requested privacy at this difficult time.

pb-120716-funeral-soldier-nj-04photoblog900_zps5b3a65ac.jpg