• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

the cover of previews will push it above bedlam, it wont reach saga levels. 25-28K estimates that people are throwing out is like the spot it will land.

I agree with those numbers (even though I am basically throwing a dart at a board with print runs listed on it) lol

We are Off topic here a bit. Yes, East of West will be heavily ordered for a Image book....50K+ BUT if the story is great ...that number will be gobbled up by all, Collectors/speculators/dealers etc. This is a BUY IMO and will be a nice secondary market for those that chose to flip.

50K is way off lucky if its 1/2 of that.

50,000 - you sir are having a Giraffe!

And you claim to have ordered 1% of the print run?

I hope your 500 copies are all 9.8's and smell of roses.

If its above 15k I will be amazed.

Just because we have ordered some means nothing.

2 or 3 store in the major cities in OZ will order their usual 3 or 4 and see where it goes.

I imagine the same for the USA.

There are a fair few cowboy/sci-fi titles around, so the impact of another one will be minimal.

If Image get extra requests for copies,sure maybe a 8,000 second print.

Our total on here had reached 533, and if this new guy is genuine,then we have cracked the 1,000 mark.

So we have pre-ordered 2% of the run @50,000 or 17% at 15,000.

Either way,theres a lot left for the general public.

We are less than 0.5% of the comic consumer population at best on here (I completely made that up btw) so there are a lot of people out there that are only going to grab one because the cover rocks.

If its a pile of dufuss then it will bomb.

If its good,then I'll have my slabs ready to sell - just like Bedlam.

Saga's print run won't be the opening run number for many comics this decade,let alone this year.