• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Keep in mind that 99% of the comic reading public does not participate in forums like this and probably is not aware of upcoming titles like this yet...

I can only hope, I preordered ten at the beginning of the month, feeling skeptical now, but if the book turns out to be a seller i would be overjoyed

Keep in mind that 99% of the comic reading public does not participate in forums like this and probably is not aware of upcoming titles like this yet...

I can only hope, I preordered ten at the beginning of the month, feeling skeptical now, but if the book turns out to be a seller i would be overjoyed

Some of my comic reading friends that read more than I do are out of the loop on a lot going on with regards to new and upcoming titles. Case and point, I asked a friend if he had heard of BEDLAM and REVIVAL last November. No to both (and this guy reads/pulls 15 titles + a month). Sent him a copy of each. BOOM!! Lovin' it. We'll see what happens though.

Edited by ItsJustRyan

I just don't want to speculate on a book that sill have a print run of 50 000+

I can't see it going that high, but I may be wrong. How high was BEDLAM again?

even with all the speculative fervor here, I think it only made it to about 10,000 less than saga, around 28Kish?

I think EoW will be higher than bedlam, cause Bedlam wasnt well adopted by stores, where as this is on the cover of Previews.

If we are doing the pool on print run bets, I would guess EoW will have Saga like numbers. A little less hype/love, but the difference made up by speculators.

35,000 is my guess, feel free to quote it back to me if I am way off :grin:

Some of my comic reading friends that read more than I do are out of the loop on a lot going on with regards to new and upcoming titles. Case and point, I asked a friend if he had heard of BEDLAM and REVIVAL last November. No to both (and this guy reads/pulls 15 titles + a month). Sent him a copy of each. BOOM!! Lovin' it. We'll see what happens though.

I was suprised when I started to find out how many people I met that read comics and go to stores had no idea about previews/preordering/buying more than 1-2 copies

Edited by wushugushu

This! It blows my mind that people missed out on getting Saga #1, for example. "My lcs didn't have any left"... WUT. You need to pre-order the mess out of a book like that.

There's a general apathy amongst comic readers. Even with all the hits at Image for the past 12-18 months, people still can't be bothered or don't want to take a risk on books. It's like they can't even be bothered finding out what's coming out in the next few months and have an aversion to pre-ordering. They just sit and wait until IGN or Newsarama or some other website TELL them that it's good.

Plus, they have a million Bat-books they need to buy.

I see the points but all the LCS in my area have been getting requests for ToT, Revival, Saga, and Manhattan Projects, they underordered each by countless copies, I believe that thousands of comic stores have the same issue and really woulnt want to miss the boat on the next image #1. If not majority of the store owners, most of them who are ahead of the curve will be doing this.

I see the points but all the LCS in my area have been getting requests for ToT, Revival, Saga, and Manhattan Projects, they underordered each by countless copies, I believe that thousands of comic stores have the same issue and really woulnt want to miss the boat on the next image #1. If not majority of the store owners, most of them who are ahead of the curve will be doing this.

My locals do the same thing. They still dont give a about image books. I cant see this changing for east of west. The locals here order the mainstream stuff and only the mainstream stuff. Its rare that I see any Image books out on the shelves. Its always marvel this, DC that.

I just don't want to speculate on a book that sill have a print run of 50 000+

I can't see it going that high, but I may be wrong. How high was BEDLAM again?

even with all the speculative fervor here, I think it only made it to about 10,000 less than saga, around 28Kish?

I think EoW will be higher than bedlam, cause Bedlam wasnt well adopted by stores, where as this is on the cover of Previews.

If we are doing the pool on print run bets, I would guess EoW will have Saga like numbers. A little less hype/love, but the difference made up by speculators.

35,000 is my guess, feel free to quote it back to me if I am way off :grin:

I think that Bedlam number included the 11ty billion variants. Didn't the standard cover only sell like 19K copies or so?

How many variants for this do you see coming out?

zero so far and thank god

You know you've got the comic collector mentality bad when you pick up a regular softback book and inspect the spine for stress marks (caught myself). :facepalm:

caught molesting the spine

EoW will be under-ordered too. And there will be a 2nd printing and possibly 3rd, 4th... who knows?

Plenty of people who know it's coming out and want it won't pre-order and will come to the internet all bummed out saying "my lcs didn't have any left", and comic shops themselves still won't have learnt, and will sell out in 3 hours. And then there are all the lazy folk who don't even know about its existence until #5 comes out. It's pretty much guaranteed.

Saga was one of the most anticipated books in the history of forever. How on earth did that book need a bajillion printings? Why weren't the orders high enough to begin with? What did shops do - just order an extra 2 copies or what? Blows my mind.

Maybe I'm spoiled because I live in New York and there's a smattering of comic shops still here, but I've never preordered a book in my life. (shrug) Honestly, it would not have even occurred to me until reading these threads the past six months.

EoW will be under-ordered too. And there will be a 2nd printing and possibly 3rd, 4th... who knows?

Plenty of people who know it's coming out and want it won't pre-order and will come to the internet all bummed out saying "my lcs didn't have any left", and comic shops themselves still won't have learnt, and will sell out in 3 hours. And then there are all the lazy folk who don't even know about its existence until #5 comes out. It's pretty much guaranteed.

Saga was one of the most anticipated books in the history of forever. How on earth did that book need a bajillion printings? Why weren't the orders high enough to begin with? What did shops do - just order an extra 2 copies or what? Blows my mind.

Good points about saga

hm

Between you and Ryan I am starting to become optimistic.

Of course shops under order. Local comic shops dont have a huge monthly budgets and i cant blame them for not wanting to get stuck with dozens of copies that they cant sell.

However I do think midtown will order a boat load and it will be available there for quite some time, kind of like my little pony.

If not majority of the store owners, most of them who are ahead of the curve will be doing this.

EoW will be under-ordered too.

I think so too. Keep in mind that there are hundred of titles, competing on order lists for LCS. They have to spread the 'love' around so to speak. It's risky going too deep on one title. 2c