• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Bedlam Image standard cover was 17,000

Eof W will be around the 20k mark max.

2nd printings and all that.

Total was upto 500 odd for boardies - I will add my 50 to that - all to be slabbed.

550 and rising, who else in into EoW?

East of West will be over 37K! Just Hickman's name associated with it will sell 20K! Being on the cover of previews will sell a ton more! Then add all the multiple copies from the boardies...well it will be closer to 40-45K!

Edited by John91C

East of West will be over 37K! Just Hickman's name associated with it will sell 20K! Being on the cover of previews will sell a ton more! Then add all the multiple copies from the boardies...well it will be closer to 40-45K!

There will not be a 45k first print run.Never.

18 - 20k FIRST PRINT, sure for 2nd and up,the total may rise significantly.

Who wants a second print?

Eric - yes they are, but that generally never translates into a profit down the line.

Funny thing is I bet for every one of us that has decent preorder numbers there are at least 100 people only getting 1 copy.

Ordering 100 copies is lame btw

Hey S...

I have been saying a version of this. 95% of comic readers don't do comic forums (IMHO). Also, a larger portion don't want to mess with/take the effort to slab books.

Funny thing is I bet for every one of us that has decent preorder numbers there are at least 100 people only getting 1 copy.

Ordering 100 copies is lame btw

Hey S...

I have been saying a version of this. 95% of comic readers don't do comic forums (IMHO). Also, a larger portion don't want to mess with/take the effort to slab books.

And even then I have never seen any real speculation discussion/interest on any of those comic forums either.

A large number of people ive talked to in stores dont take advantage or know of previews/pre-orders and most of them are trying to get extra copies for resale when its at cover on release day at the LCS, most likely after they read it. Now they may be more aware of series becoming valuable after last year but most casual readers dont grab many extra copies ya know. Cover prices add up quickly so a lot of new people thinking about making investments get deterred easily unless they do the research.. Hell a lot of general readers probably have no idea there are ways to purchase comics online. I cant count the number of occasions where there have been talks about every store running out of an issue and then finding it on midtown or some other online spot as soon as I look.

Ive seen slabs around and at cons but I didnt know a thing about them till I joined here.

Edited by wushugushu

Midtown only lets you order 25 copies of the same comic. Do you order directly through Previews? I have never done it before.

No. You can try multiple orders or ordering from different vendors. But, be careful to not go too deep down one path (title). There are opportunities and there are pitfalls. I would not do more than you feel comfortable ordering. For me, I order what I like. If I like it, I might get some more. If not, I don't and usually sell what I have (there's a fan out there for every title - maybe hm ).

Example: I sold all my Peter Panzerfaust last Christmas sale (didn't have much, but still). I sold almost all my Manhattan Projects, which I like, but collecting is making choices and I can't have everything (quoting TBP) - some can, I can't. Right now, I'm building 4 series: Bedlam, Saga, Revival, and Silver Surfer (first series). Just added NWM as well.

Edited by ItsJustRyan