• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

My wife would flip if I brought home 1000 of the same book.

I know we're piling on, but I just can't fathom that'd ever work. You're going all on a hunch that could very well blow up.

Even if the book blew up, I just can't see myself paying more than cover considering there's a dude who own's a decent chunk of the print run. Manipulated market.

JUST DON'T TELL ME YOU BOUGHT THAT MANY.

That is my point. Heh I do this for fun so 10 is more than enough.

Last time I bought 100 of any one issue I wanted to keep 80 of them since ive been following the creators for a while.

Honestly it takes the enjoyment out of the hobby of reading/flipping comics for me if i order that many. It is a nice way to buy more awesome comics though!

That said, if anyone has 100 issues of TWD #1, please PM me.

Speaking of that I was talking to one of my LCS owners about TWD #1. He told me a horror story that made me cringe. 10 years ago he ripped the covers off 10 copies and mailed them back to Diamond... :facepalm:

Edited by Colicab

im cutting my order from 10 to 2. too many people are getting in on this book and i don't want to be like FF or all of those other Hickman books before Manhattan Projects that sucked so bad.

Fair points, but remember this isnt a BigBloatedTwo release

Image has published other flop books by Hickman.

I can't remember the name but it started with T and has a similar cover to Manhattan Project. It blowed hard.

When Hickmans on, he's amazing! But when hes off its like "why did we restart Fantastic Four? Why did we kill Johnny Storm, Again?"

Red Wing???

Well remembered Sir - Great cover though.

Which one has the great cover - Red Wing or East of West? Or both?

Speaking of that I was talking to one of my LCS owners about TWD #1. He told me a horror story that made me cringe. 10 years ago he ripped the covers off 10 copies and mailed them back to Diamond... :facepalm:

When Image Firsts came out with TWD reprint, I snagged a bunch for my wife to do this with them . I mean, how much could a $1 reprint really be worth, right?!?!

Edited by SpaFon

When Image Firsts came out with TWD reprint, I snagged a bunch for my wife to do this with them . I mean, how much could a $1 reprint really be worth, right?!?!

That's pretty awesome

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-DEAD-1-IMAGE-FIRSTS-SOLD-OUT-VARIANT-KIRKMAN-MINT-AMC-TV-ZOMBIES-/300831775418

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-DEAD-1-IMAGE-FIRSTS-SOLD-OUT-VARIANT-KIRKMAN-MINT-AMC-TV-ZOMBIES-/300831775418

Is that the variant that has an advert for the show on the back (Pre-1st season)? I think I read that that is the most sought-after Image First. Didn't see it mentioned in the description, tho

Why on earth are those that much money?

Why on earth are those that much money?

Maybe they don't know that it's a reprint? (shrug)

Get it now before they are $200 on eBay. :roflmao:

https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/p-C120492.html

True, but I actually want to see if i like the series before ordering 1-3 in 9.8 per Beachbums policies.

Is that 9.8 on DF legit? I wanted to join Beachbum's sub thing but after he asked what books I was interested in he didn't get back to me so I've no idea how the whole thing works, how much it costs (for a UKer) etc as that what I was asking about and no reply. I mean, do you have to pre-order? I'm guessing not since ComicsNYC22 has just said he's waiting until he knows he likes the series?