• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Hickman said in an interview that they were going to incentivize the heck out of #6. That could mean returnable but I'm not positive. Either way, I think this is a great book to buy and not just for the story.

I think it was confirmed that it was fully returnable. And we wouldn't be getting a 2nd print. But Image has been saying no more 2nd prints since January-February and they have been executing that...

Hickman said in an interview that they were going to incentivize the heck out of #6. That could mean returnable but I'm not positive. Either way, I think this is a great book to buy and not just for the story.

I think it was confirmed that it was fully returnable. And we wouldn't be getting a 2nd print. But Image has been saying no more 2nd prints since January-February and they have been executing that...

Thanks for the info. I don't get the 2nd print thing with all of the 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th prints on this title alone. I actually think it's better for the long term growth of this book that more people can get their hands on this. The 1st arc trade just came out and that won't hurt either. The more people reading these, the merrier.

I like Hickman and Eow but was surprised to find that at comic roundups, overall review still prefers Saga than EoW. I guess this is understandably since not everyone prefers the world building and long form story telling that Hickman likes to do.

I like Hickman and Eow but was surprised to find that at comic roundups, overall review still prefers Saga than EoW. I guess this is understandably since not everyone prefers the world building and long form story telling that Hickman likes to do.

I'm not surprised because Saga. Is kind of the college crowd "it" book right now that is going to appeal to the older Heavy Metal magazine crowd too. Throw in BKV and one of the hottest artist in years and you appeal to a lot of people.

You can also take into account that Saga takes place in the vast expanse of space and on many different planets but the story is very intimate and focuses heavily on a small number of players. I think that while it could grow into something of a wide brush tale, it will probably stay very personal.

EOW on the other hand takes place in a very limited space and has a much larger number of leading characters. The story itself is more sweeping and to me epic more in the mold of a Game of Thrones type story in that the focal point is always changing.

Not sure why this keeps coming up.

This world CAN handle both Saga AND EoW

They are not the same, and we can all prefer which one we like.

Yes of course but since there are always folks saying this is the next Saga, I thought it will be interesting to compare them, be it sales or reviews or other stuff that might pop up.

Nobody says, for example, that Todd or Clone or Five ghosts is the next Saga which is why no comparison was done.

Yes of course but since there are always folks saying this is the next Saga, I thought it will be interesting to compare them, be it sales or reviews or other stuff that might pop up.

Nobody says, for example, that Todd or Clone or Five ghosts is the next Saga which is why no comparison was done.

I personally think this will be bigger long term than Saga. I don't think it's the next Saga or the next TWD but it's own thing somewhere in between. Please no tomatoes or eggs its just an opinion :grin:

I personally think this will be bigger long term than Saga. I don't think it's the next Saga or the next TWD but it's own thing somewhere in between. Please no tomatoes or eggs its just an opinion :grin:

No shot. :)

I agree. These two titles are the future of comics. While saga has hit a personal chord with alot of readers, both male and female, east of west seems almost grander in scope, more epic. Im exited to see where their respective creators will take these stories.

:news:

East of West will definitely pass SAGA, and eventually Catch Walking Dead, IMO.....

East of West may eventually overtake TWD in terms of comic book sales (though I don't think it's likely). Overall popularity/cultural impact? Absolutely no chance.

+1 million quid