• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top five favorite covers of all time.

338 posts in this topic

Zoinks, how could I forget this one???

Flash_133.jpg

ps DC was always calling marionettes 'puppets'....

Cover painting is from 1962 and is by Richard Powers, who is in the Science Fiction Hall of Fame. The effect makes it look like the front cover is torn, and the story is an exploding atomic bomb of action:

DrSolar2.jpg

Cover painting is from 1962 and is by Richard Powers, who is in the Science Fiction Hall of Fame. The effect makes it look like the front cover is torn, and the story is an exploding atomic bomb of action:

DrSolar2.jpg

Beautiful cover with amazing colors on this one! (thumbs u

For realism, James Bama:

DocSavage1.jpg

Wow, how the heck did Gold Key ever get James Bama to do a cover for them?

That's awesome.

I believe this painting was for a Doc Savage paperback book cover that GK somehow got to use on this comic.

I unfortunately don't have any pics, and there is nothing memorable about these covers as far as action or scenery, but I always remember being very impressed with some of the covers of an old Aircel comic Warlock 5. Issues 2 through 6 had some incredible artwork (at least in my opnion).

EDIT: I went and found some pics of the covers:

48519_20060708220138_large.jpg

48520_20060708220155_large.jpg

48523_20060708220215_large.jpg

48524_20060703203210_large.jpg

48527_20060703204159_large.jpg

How did that get by me?

When I was re-reading this series two years ago, I said the same thing about the first five covers. Amazing work, and the first twelve books are a fantastic foundation to some interesting characters. Then the creative team left Aircel, and BB took over.

:cloud9:

For realism, James Bama:

DocSavage1.jpg

Wow, how the heck did Gold Key ever get James Bama to do a cover for them?

That's awesome.

I believe this painting was for a Doc Savage paperback book cover that GK somehow got to use on this comic.

That makes a lot of sense, thanks for the information and sharing the cover :)

DrSolar2.jpg

I had never seen this cover before, but I love it. Richard Powers also did the cover for Starstream #1, which I no longer own (although I hope to rectify that situation as soon as I can find a 9.8 white-pager).

15249-2853-17001-1-starstream.jpg