• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top five favorite covers of all time.

338 posts in this topic

In 2006 and through 2007 (I can't believe it was that long ago) the Board did a pretty comprehensive Top 20 Covers thing in GA/SA and BA - I can't remember if there was a Copper Top 20 covers contest. There was a nominations period and blind voting (with two people tabulating in each poll) - Arch even helped out and pinned information in the Bronze, Silver and Gold forums. I ran the BA Poll with FFB and this was the #1 Book by a long shot - if I remember we had around 100 or so board members vote. I can't remember what book won the SA, I think it was either ASM 50 or SS 4, Mica was involved in running the SA Poll.

Here were the Top 5 in order.

Batman227.jpg

GL76.jpg

WW199.jpg

ASM122.jpg

Superman233.jpg

Still inept at posting pics so won't even try for now but

Recent favs

Spirit 10 by Darwyn Cooke

Walking Dead 91 by Charlie Adlard

The coloring on these two puts them to the top.

and the single greatest cover in fankind

ASM 100 by John Romita

Still inept at posting pics so won't even try for now but

Recent favs

Spirit 10 by Darwyn Cooke

2u9r4nt.jpg

Walking Dead 91 by Charlie Adlard

2j2ak9v.jpg

The coloring on these two puts them to the top.

and the single greatest cover in fankind

ASM 100 by John Romita

2vsnf5u.jpg

(thumbs u

Super mystery 6 vol 3

9r13b7.jpg

Fight against crime 20

ms2fzr.jpg

Shock SuspenStories 6

332xq46.jpg

Mister Mystery 6

2ikef6.jpg

Crime SuspenStories 22

2j5dv7m.jpg

honorable mention

Vault of Horror 35

f3f11g.jpg

My top 5 precode issues

(thumbs u

Thanks Harvey I haven't figured this posting pictures thing out yet. I know how to post scans of my books but not images from the web yet . I like the other Super Mystery better, the one with the Paper cutter theme , but the one you posted is pretty awesome that's the first time I've seen it :) might have to add that one to my want list

Thanks Harvey I haven't figured this posting pictures thing out yet. I know how to post scans of my books but not images from the web yet . I like the other Super Mystery better, the one with the Paper cutter theme , but the one you posted is pretty awesome that's the first time I've seen it :) might have to add that one to my want list

The N00b Guide

You can also do a Google Image search for images:

Google Images, click on the image, click "View Image", copy the link at the top of your browser, paste it using 28iyopl.gif above.

The N00b Guide

You can also do a Google Image search for images:

Google Images, click on the image, click "View Image", copy the link at the top of your browser, paste it using 28iyopl.gif above.

<a  href=oh-boy.gif' alt='oh-boy.gif'>

I have all of these except for Spy Smasher, I just don't have scans of my copies.

Spy Smasher 2 - great example of WW2 patriotic fervor

WDC&S 35 - I love that the refrigerator is a "Phreezo" brand & that Huey, Dewey & Louie look so innocent while Donald is so annoyed

Green Lantern 85 - Powerful cover with great Adams art & expressions

Marvel Mystery 63 - Schomburg has Hitler, Goring & Goebbels on the run

Nova 25 - I loved Nova as a kid & this Pollard cover perfectly displays the character as I liked him

image-18.jpg

image-17.jpg

image-16.jpg

image-15.jpg

image.jpg