• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top five favorite covers of all time.

338 posts in this topic

So, every two weeks, I meet with a group of comic collectors at the local library to discuss comics. I need to choose my top 5 covers . I am looking for images of your favorite covers, to help me decide. It can be anything from GA to modern.

Thanks!

[font:Book Antiqua]So after all the good examples,

did you pick 5...?[/font]

I could never even pick my top five from a single year. I love the diversity of the books posted. Here's my selection though if I did it again in 10 minutes, they would be different.

Jungle140.jpg

Exciting66-1.jpg

Exciting39FC.jpg

Startling44FC.jpg

Thrilling38FC.jpg

Alex Schomburg covers.

(worship)

I gotta rebuy that book full of his covers again.

Yes that blondie chick's pretty hot but i can't get over the airbrush metal awesomeness of the robot on Startling 49.

I have that book. It was what started me on collecting GA books. Startling 49 was the greatest thing I ever saw on a comic book. I was lucky enough to find a good looking copy soon after I started looking for one.

6142221_1_zps118f753a.jpg

For this minute. Ask me in an hour and they'll probably be different. Except for All American Western 113, because that's the best cover ever, hands down

Marc, All American Western 113 is one of my all time best as well..and is probably my favorite work by Toth. Is that your copy?

Oh, I wish. ONe day, I'll be able to pry a nice copy out of somewhere, but not as of yet, sad to say

Alex Schomburg covers.

(worship)

I gotta rebuy that book full of his covers again.

Yes that blondie chick's pretty hot but i can't get over the airbrush metal awesomeness of the robot on Startling 49.

I have that book. It was what started me on collecting GA books. Startling 49 was the greatest thing I ever saw on a comic book. I was lucky enough to find a good looking copy soon after I started looking for one.

I've never gotten tired of that book and it's been my avatar since I joined.

Ok, here's my choices for top 5 favorite covers of all time.

Adventure Comics #40

More Fun #54

Startling Comics #49

Al American Comics #61

Daredevil Battles Hitler #1

Each of us (8 to 12 people) will provide their top five pics with links to images. We will meet 1 week from today, and vote for 1? favorite cover.

I'm am going to sugest doing this with each age as well. I have a feeling I wil be in the minority with GA books. :shy: Thanks for all of the sugestions. :)

Looking at this thread everyone has a different version of the five covers of all time.The taste is in the eye of the beholder and what the persons taste is ,so who really can give their top five when all are worthy.