• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official eBay Drank My Milkshake Thread

433 posts in this topic

Well, it finally happened.

Looks like I stand a good chance of losing my Top Rated Seller Status due to a buyer leaving inappropriate/malicious DSR ratings.

I was notified that I was 'in danger' of losing my Top Rated Seller Status on my April evaluation. When I looked into it, I discovered it was because I had received several low DSR scores for shipping and handling.

I knew it could have only come from a very small group of buyers (5) so I messaged them stating that I would be blocking them as someone had left me a malicious DSR scores.

Most replied it sucked but they understood but one thing they all had in common, was that they all were pleased with their buys and each buyer stated it was not them who left the poor DSR scores.

A fellow boardie told me how to run a DSR report. Lo and behold one of the two buyers who was the most annoyed with me blocking them and my reason for it was the one who left me ALL the bad DSR's. He left me positive feedback for 5 of the 6 items he bought but only ONE star for each item on shipping and handling.

I shipped this buyer within my home province, 6 books for a total of $10 that included tracking and insurance. How does that merit a one star DSR for shipping and handling?

I am working with eBay to try to resolve the issue but it is a nightmare. They really don't know what they are doing, I have been bounced from department to department, but I finally think I have the right area to go to now. I even contacted the buyer to see if it was an accident and to see if he would help me get the low DSR's removed, but he has not replied. No real surprise there. I hope eBay will come through as I have also reported this buyer for malicious intent, but I won't hold my breath.

I have since contacted the other buyers, stated I knew it was not any of them who left the poor scores, thanked them for their understanding and offered them each a $5 discount on the next item(s) they win from me. They were all cool with it and one of them has even just recently bought more from me.

SO, I have just leared how difficult it is to deal with eBay "customer support" and how easy it is to get knocked off a Top Rated Seller perch. Oh, and people might want to consider blocking buyer out_of_my_mind

I don't sell a ton, so I'm nowhere near a Power Seller, but one thing I do is always have free shipping. No matter if it's a cheap single issue or a slab. I just list for a higher price with BINs or Best Offer. You'll automatically get 5 Stars for shipping and handling.

And thanks for posting the name. He's blocked.

And if you think blocking doesnt do much-I was blocked by one seller over a misunderstanding once-5 separate times over the years I went to buy a book I really wanted and NOPE.

Being blocked by dozens of people has gotta sting.....

Looks like I stand a good chance of losing my Top Rated Seller Status due to a buyer leaving inappropriate/malicious DSR ratings.

I was notified that I was 'in danger' of losing my Top Rated Seller Status on my April evaluation. When I looked into it, I discovered it was because I had received several low DSR scores for shipping and handling.

I knew it could have only come from a very small group of buyers (5) so I messaged them stating that I would be blocking them as someone had left me a malicious DSR scores.

Most replied it sucked but they understood but one thing they all had in common, was that they all were pleased with their buys and each buyer stated it was not them who left the poor DSR scores.

A fellow boardie told me how to run a DSR report. Lo and behold one of the two buyers who was the most annoyed with me blocking them and my reason for it was the one who left me ALL the bad DSR's. He left me positive feedback for 5 of the 6 items he bought but only ONE star for each item on shipping and handling.

I shipped this buyer within my home province, 6 books for a total of $10 that included tracking and insurance. How does that merit a one star DSR for shipping and handling?

I am working with eBay to try to resolve the issue but it is a nightmare. They really don't know what they are doing, I have been bounced from department to department, but I finally think I have the right area to go to now. I even contacted the buyer to see if it was an accident and to see if he would help me get the low DSR's removed, but he has not replied. No real surprise there. I hope eBay will come through as I have also reported this buyer for malicious intent, but I won't hold my breath.

I have since contacted the other buyers, stated I knew it was not any of them who left the poor scores, thanked them for their understanding and offered them each a $5 discount on the next item(s) they win from me. They were all cool with it and one of them has even just recently bought more from me.

SO, I have just leared how difficult it is to deal with eBay "customer support" and how easy it is to get knocked off a Top Rated Seller perch. Oh, and people might want to consider blocking buyer out_of_my_mind

I don't sell a ton, so I'm nowhere near a Power Seller, but one thing I do is always have free shipping. No matter if it's a cheap single issue or a slab. I just list for a higher price with BINs or Best Offer. You'll automatically get 5 Stars for shipping and handling.

His total order came to under $25...And what about those books that go for like $2? You will lose your shirt on shipping. These were not big ticket items. For big ticket items, definitely something to consider.

His total order came to under $25...And what about those books that go for like $2? You will lose your shirt on shipping. These were not big ticket items. For big ticket items, definitely something to consider.

I don't do auctions. That's why I was saying for BINs or Best Offers. I do free shipping for anything $10 or more.

So, when is eBay going to realise we aren't all S&H scammers? I just sold a lot of 5 modern comics for 99¢ (Earth 2 0, 2-5) and with $4.00 shipping, got charged 50¢ for fees on this auction.

After shipping this and PP takes their fees, I am getting ~40¢ for my troubles. I had totally forgotten that eBay takes 10% of the shipping charge as well. I know how this came about (thanks, all you poker chip sellers, 500-ct chip set for 99¢, S&H of $99 :mad: ) but damn, don't you think there is a way to see who the scammers are and who the real people who need every last cent that they make by selling their ?

meh

/ :signrant:

-slym

Not wanting to start a new eBay thread.....

Does anyone know User: bronzemodena (perfect feed back 1638)?

He bought a comic from me a week ago and hasn't paid nor made any contact with me all the while receiving new feedback about how fast he pays.

If he's a boardie somebody must know him and can give give him a :baiting:

Not wanting to start a new eBay thread.....

Does anyone know User: bronzemodena (perfect feed back 1638)?

He bought a comic from me a week ago and hasn't paid nor made any contact with me all the while receiving new feedback about how fast he pays.

If he's a boardie somebody must know him and can give give him a :baiting:

(worship)

Don't know him, sorry.

Hello, looking for advice..

I received a message from a buyer whom I think is laying the groundwork for a partial refund...Basically they are happy with all but one of the books and the one book in question the flaws he cites were stated in the description and were visible in the high-res and "zoombable" scan.

The sale was for a low dollar value and I want to protect my feedback. Not worth jeapordizing it over less than $10 USD.

I have two options,

A) I do a partial refund (like I said low dollar value) and forget it and move on - Unless the guy is a complete jerk-wad and still leaves negative feedback

OR

B) Tell the guy to return ALL of the books for a full refund (including return shipping). My main question is, if I offer the full refund right away, can the buyer still leave negative feedback?

For the amount of $ that is involved, I want the quickest, easiest thing to move on, protect my feedback and block this guy but part of me is annoyed that this game is even being played...

So, when is eBay going to realise we aren't all S&H scammers? I just sold a lot of 5 modern comics for 99¢ (Earth 2 0, 2-5) and with $4.00 shipping, got charged 50¢ for fees on this auction.

After shipping this and PP takes their fees, I am getting ~40¢ for my troubles. I had totally forgotten that eBay takes 10% of the shipping charge as well. I know how this came about (thanks, all you poker chip sellers, 500-ct chip set for 99¢, S&H of $99 :mad: ) but damn, don't you think there is a way to see who the scammers are and who the real people who need every last cent that they make by selling their ?

meh

/ :signrant:

-slym

I never offer free shipping on anything no matter what. I price my stuff with that in mind. Might not work for those selling single issues for a dollar though-- which is why I tend to sell in groups of items that make the postage reasonable.

if you ever sell anything on amazon, prepare to be raped by their fees. I refuse to sell anything on their site for less than $6-- even with the shipping they tack onto the item-- it is still an upfront charge per item of around 4 bucks plus ittle ticky tack fees on that-- it is almost disgusting what they do

Just got smacked by an item not as described email. Person did not even contact me. I just woke up to it. I offer free shipping on my items. They asked for a complete refund and to keep the item as it is easier to throw out.

I offered a complete refund and made a separate $10 'friend' payment to return the item to cover postage and their time. It cost $5.32 to send it.

Let's see what happens.

I have not had a INAD case put against me since 2010 which I beat four years ago (the person was lying and tried a previous scam before they opened the case.) This, there was no way to dispute or I felt there could be truth to it so I happily took it back.

However I want the item and I will throw it out if it is as she claims.

So, since I immediately took it back how does that impact my selling account.

Wish she had contacted me first.

Just got smacked by an item not as described email. Person did not even contact me. I just woke up to it. I offer free shipping on my items. They asked for a complete refund and to keep the item as it is easier to throw out.

I offered a complete refund and made a separate $10 'friend' payment to return the item to cover postage and their time. It cost $5.32 to send it.

Let's see what happens.

I have not had a INAD case put against me since 2010 which I beat four years ago (the person was lying and tried a previous scam before they opened the case.) This, there was no way to dispute or I felt there could be truth to it so I happily took it back.

However I want the item and I will throw it out if it is as she claims.

So, since I immediately took it back how does that impact my selling account.

Wish she had contacted me first.

Buzz

The new eBay process forces you to open a case. You think you are contacting the seller but it goes through the dispute process.

Buzz

The new eBay process forces you to open a case. You think you are contacting the seller but it goes through the dispute process.

+1

Beyond annoying and by annoying I mean with eBay not the buyer.

I believe if you click contact seller, then under the reasons click "other" it does not open a case.

Correct...in fact selecting "returns" as the subject when asking the seller a question is the only way you'll automatically be directed to the dispute process.

Thanks... in the end... she left me positive feedback:

Seller has integrity! Rectified issue immediately! Thank you!

I issued the refund for return, and passed on a $10 payment to cover the $5.30 in shipping a the rest for her time. Now, I would assume that she is mailing the item back, we will see. If she does not though, I know I can have eBay reverse the loss as the refund was conditional contingent on return of item. Then I am only out $10 which is fine.

Either way, as I said, I do not think that the person was lying but I want the item back to make sure.

So after a case is resolved in the buyers favor, AND the buyer leaves positive feedback, does this negatively impact my selling account in the long term?