• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official eBay Drank My Milkshake Thread

433 posts in this topic

Wait... stop the press.

USPS calls me today and then they tell me that this guy's PO Box is one zip code but the building it resides in is in another. His package is in the storage unit of the building where his PO box is. They say that the Post Office already left him a note saying he has a package that is due. Really?

I email him and still no response.

All this guy has to do is pick it up.

I am on the phone with the mighty eBay and they have me on hold as they show the package was delivered. I am going to have to hang up and they will call me as I have now complained about the situation.

If this guy is screwing around... well that will be dumb on his part.

Buyers/Sellers........ beware what computer you use to log on to your ebay/paypal accounts. Your accounts could be closed down forever if you use a terminal that's linked to another bad buyer/seller. They are checking IPs for everything now. Here's a thread to an ebay seller that just had this happen to them. :(

another buyer to block is brandx. he won a tmnt 3 first print i cracked out of a 9.0 slab. i stated the grade as vf-nm and he said it was a fine. offered him a partial refund and he countered with a higher partial refund. gave in and gave him the partial refund. i dont like negative feedback. beware this guy.

Not a specific complaint per se, but I have a buyer with quite a bit of feedback and it does not show as negative but he has his feedback set to private...My question is...Why would you set it to private? Unless most of your purchases are of an...exotic nature perhaps? Anyway, it just raised a bit of a red flag for me...Not sure if it is warranted or not but it is what it is. Opinions welcome. Thanks.

Not a specific complaint per se, but I have a buyer with quite a bit of feedback and it does not show as negative but he has his feedback set to private...My question is...Why would you set it to private? Unless most of your purchases are of an...exotic nature perhaps? Anyway, it just raised a bit of a red flag for me...Not sure if it is warranted or not but it is what it is. Opinions welcome. Thanks.

Private Feedback is for the pervs and scammers, just sayin' :whistle:

Private Feedback is for the pervs and scammers, just sayin' :whistle:

I disagree... this guy's feedback is all private and I had nothing but an excellent experience picking something up from them. Sometimes private feedback is to stop others from simply seeing what someone else bought.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/europeancomix4you/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

"greatlaughs" must have read a book in June 2010 on how to get free stuff from ebay. Since then he's been on a rampage, extorting partial refunds, or doing chargebacks 2 months after the sale. Add to your BBL. He/She is scamming high dollar computers, but you never know when it could be your stuff for sale. greatlaughs has been reported to ebay by a few people lately, but they usually take months to act. Feds, local PD, FBI Internet Crimes Division, and USPS have been alerted as well.

FB left tells the story of shakedowns.

Ok folks...Advice appreciated on how to handle this guy...

He bought 21 books from me. He got them at $0.99 each. I combine shipping and packed them up SECURELY (boxed) and sent him the invoice. Because it is over 1 Kg, it can't go tracked packet USA. It has to go Expedited.

This is his message to me...

Happy Canada Day! Do you have lots of fireworks like we do on July 4th?

I knew you were in Canada when I bid and that shipping is more, but I wasn't expecting $24.00! Wow! Last Canadian I bought from the shipping was about $14.00 and the seller threw in a Batman I needed for free. $24.00 brings my great $0.99 per book deal to over $2.00 per book. Any chance you can lower the shipping or throw in 2 more books to bring it back to under $2.00 per book?

What the heck! In the spirit of Canada Day and Independence Day throw in as many as you like!

Thank you!

I just obtained Top Seller status and I want to keep it so any advice would be appreciated. Regardless of the outcome, I will probably block this guy...