• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Ok,

Early thoughts on DS'sII

There are a few button layout changes, they fixed the jump, so it's easier to pull off without accidentally rolling. That's a plus. There is literally no tutorial stage, the game basically pats you on the bum and says: "good luck little undead, you'll need it"

The difficulty is through the roof, you started Dark souls with five Estus flasks (for those not hip to the lingo, you can heal yourself five times). Well apparently that was them being generous.....you now get one.

Enemy's attacks are harder to read, and the AI seems much smarter..... God help us all

Ok,

Early thoughts on DS'sII

There are a few button layout changes, they fixed the jump, so it's easier to pull off without accidentally rolling. That's a plus. There is literally no tutorial stage, the game basically pats you on the bum and says: "good luck little undead, you'll need it"

The difficulty is through the roof, you started Dark souls with five Estus flasks (for those not hip to the lingo, you can heal yourself five times). Well apparently that was them being generous.....you now get one.

Enemy's attacks are harder to read, and the AI seems much smarter..... God help us all

Aww krap :ohnoez:

Ok,

Early thoughts on DS'sII

You'll platinum it.

Ok,

Early thoughts on DS'sII

You'll platinum it.

:blush:

Aww,thanks.

Now i've hit 50, best not to risk injuring myself with a challenge quite that demanding. Better I stay with something sensible, such as Oblivion or Skyrim on medium difficulty. Elder Scrolls... :preach: that seems just right for me.

DKS's II definitely feels like the difficulty has been raised, tougher enemies, less souls per kill and weapons that break fairly regularly. I do like the inclusion of more healing items, and weapon buffs, and the inclusion of more Covenants to join. Also, being able to revert to human while away from a bonfire is a welcome addition. Summoning other players is more consistent as well, not nearly as many failed summon messages.

The black armor edition exclusive weapons are pretty much useless, too weak and the stats you need to use them you won't have until 4-5 hours in the game. I'm still using my starting Longsword upgraded to +3.

i think that was the last good final fantasy game

Thats when they started to really stray from the "template" of how final fantasy games traditionally were made. More development time between titles, changed battle systems, more convoluted stories, direct sequels, etc. In a way they tried to do too much.

That being said I actually loved XII and XIII. Even XIII-2 I enjoyed. Lightning returns I'm currently playing and its ok. Not a fan of the time situation

FF XV looks friggin awesome but once again crazy development times

Edited by eriqui

So picked up Titansfall. Raced home to play. I needed to update my XBox One so I let that go. Then I tried to sign in! I can't sign in! Apparently they got extra servers for the game, but didn't prepare for the amount of people trying to sign in… :facepalm:

Just play in the single player campaign mode.

lol:baiting:

Yea but I've heard the way the game incorporates multiplayer into the campaign is very cool. Reviews seem to say it isn't without its flaws, but it is a shooter trying to do something different.

And the Beta was a blast.

+1 on the beta. Had been a while since I did some serious gaming. Enjoying the heck out of this game