• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

I haven't kept up with all the metal gear solids lately, but #1 was the best PS1 game on the system, IMO :cloud9:

Best spy/espionage game on PS1 by far, but FF7 has got to be somewhere on the best game for the system list.

Agreed and agreed. Man, now I'm thinking about grabbing a ps1 emulator and busting out some retro games....

I'm playing FF7 on my PC. Just download Steam and you can get it right now for $3.99 though that price is only good for this weekend. Then its back to $11.99.

http://store.steampowered.com/

I actually downloaded FF7 for the PC years ago. There was a patch for it to upgrade the visuals to "HD quality". There was something about it on the PC though that just seemed off; I'm thinking maybe the music was wonky or something like that...

The FF7 unlicensed HD mod that's out is really good. It's been years since I played FF7 but it was a good upgrade. I really with they remade it and didn't tease us with the ps3 tech demo.

Is anyone playing MGS 5:GZ? I am stuck for the life of me trying to get an S rank on the first side op.

Okay I downloaded and installed the Clash in the Clouds for Bioshock infinite, but I can't get it to play, do I have to be connected to the PSN to get it to work?

Just noticed the ff x/x-2 hd remake.

Are the graphics all that much better? Can't tell from the preview video. All looks the same

It isn't just a remake.

They remastered everything (music,graphics,character models,sphere grid)

The lip-syncing is still a problem from the original (they talk out of sync like the Japanese actors in a English-dub Godzilla movie :P )

It's definitely worth the purchase IMO :grin:

Just noticed the ff x/x-2 hd remake.

Are the graphics all that much better? Can't tell from the preview video. All looks the same

It isn't just a remake.

They remastered everything (music,graphics,character models,sphere grid)

The lip-syncing is still a problem from the original (they talk out of sync like the Japanese actors in a English-dub Godzilla movie :P )

It's definitely worth the purchase IMO :grin:

I really liked the music from the original myself.

I can still remember how the music for blitzball went, I played that till my eyes bled trying to get Wakka's super weapon and a few other goodies lol

hm Well the price is right at any rate. I've got 500gb of storage to fill up before I can justify buying a PS4.

Speaking of which, anyone pick up FFIV for the PS4 yet?

Yea they are some really good games.. I would have too say number 1 is the best one tho, and 2 is awesome and 3 was pretty good. Also Crysis 1 is kinda open world.. Reminded me of far cry 3 map a little but yeah they are definitley worth grabing awesome games and they were also very underrated games...

Thanks for the heads up, DL.

I went ahead and bought Crysis 1 since it was on sale for $9.99 to give it a try. (thumbs u

Long before Dark Souls 1 & 2 and Demons Souls, there was Final Fantasy Tactics and possibly the most maddening boss fight ever in a video game at the time. I did beat this boss, but only after having to restart the game entirely after not being able to come close to winning with my current character build. Bear in mind, the boss fight in this article is a good 30 hours into the game,

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/04/24/moments-final-fantasy-tactics-boss-battle-against-wiegraf.aspx

Yea they are some really good games.. I would have too say number 1 is the best one tho, and 2 is awesome and 3 was pretty good. Also Crysis 1 is kinda open world.. Reminded me of far cry 3 map a little but yeah they are definitley worth grabing awesome games and they were also very underrated games...

Thanks for the heads up, DL.

I went ahead and bought Crysis 1 since it was on sale for $9.99 to give it a try. (thumbs u

(thumbs u No probem buddy have fun.. :insane: