• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

I play WoT alot but I hear many people find it boring. So you are probably not missing much.

Its a WWII era tank melee battle. My PC handles it pretty well though.

I like the idea. I know it is different but I enjoyed jumping into tanks in Battlefield. I have been playing SWTOR (pvp mostly) and need something else to play.

I never played Tanarus. World of Tanks is about 3 years old or so.

balzeops; WoT is free to start. I do not feel it is one of those "pay to win games" because I played 1000 matches in my first year before ever spending a penny.

One word of advice if you ask me though is stick to random battles. At least to begin with.

Free PS3 And PS Vita Game For Those Affected By 2011 PSN Hack

January 22, 2015

The PlayStation Network security breach that occurred in 2011 may seem like it happened forever ago in gaming terms, but a class action lawsuit against Sony for the hack was concluded. The company settled that lawsuit recently, and is now offering a free PlayStation 3 game, PS Vita game, PSP game, PS Plus membership, or free themes as compensation to any of the more than 70 million accounts affected.

For further details and instructions on how to claim your free offering, see the full article at this link.

Free PS3 And PS Vita Game For Those Affected By 2011 PSN Hack

January 22, 2015

The PlayStation Network security breach that occurred in 2011 may seem like it happened forever ago in gaming terms, but a class action lawsuit against Sony for the hack was concluded. The company settled that lawsuit recently, and is now offering a free PlayStation 3 game, PS Vita game, PSP game, PS Plus membership, or free themes as compensation to any of the more than 70 million accounts affected.

For further details and instructions on how to claim your free offering, see the full article at this link.

Call me crazy but I heard that hack was considered one of the largest security breaches in history. It is called so because of the sheer # of people that it affected.

Didn't SONY and XBOX networks just get hacked again the other day?

Steam network on PC I hear however is considered impervious to such threats hm

Didn't SONY and XBOX networks just get hacked again the other day?

Steam network on PC I hear however is considered impervious to such threats

While it's commonly stated that they got hacked...they actually didn't.

They were subjected to a DoS (Denial-of-service) attack. This simply means that their networks were flooded with so much traffic that they became unavailable to legitimate users.

I don't think any gaming network would be considered impervious to such threats.

I've noticed that I can get on the PSN just fine on my PS4 but I can't log in on my PS3.

Anyone else having that issue?

Just checked on my PS3.

I was able to log in ok.

Has anyone been a bit disappointed with the next gen offerings? i feel like I haven't been pulled in by a video game in some time.

One game (If you are a Alien fan)

Alien: Isolation

Play it.

NOW

Has anyone been a bit disappointed with the next gen offerings? i feel like I haven't been pulled in by a video game in some time.

Play it.

NOW

Mr 9.8 loved that game.

As close to a perfect game as you could get. I can only imagine how much better it looked on the ps4.

Play it.

NOW

Mr 9.8 loved that game.

As close to a perfect game as you could get. I can only imagine how much better it looked on the ps4.

I heard it looks better on the PS4.

I may get it my PS3

I've only got it on PS4. I am still awestruck by this game. It was made by fans, for fans. If only there were more like these. Ive been keeping an eye on sequel talks. Can't wait.

The crew expendable pack is great, if too short.

Well it seems a new issue with PS3 is not all that uncommon.

I haven't been able to connect to PSN with my PS3 for a little over a month. Been looking for solutions over the weekend and found others in the same boat. I went as far as formatting my HDD, still didn't resolve whatever this issue is, but it fixed some small issues, like the XMB freezing when scrolling too fast through a menu.

Guess those affected are going to have to wait for a new patch to be released....