• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Has anyone played Shadow of Mordor? I went in Gamestop tonight at the mall and saw it. It had great reviews so I ordered it off Amazon as it was the same price for a new copy. It is an open world fantasy game with supposedly incredibly game play. It sounds like it is right up my wheel house which would be nice.

I'm still looking for a GREAT next gen game. Thus far, I think Titanfall is the best, but it doesn't have that mind boggling story that sucks you in, obviously. Destiny was sort of monotonous. I liked the gameplay (huge Halo fan) but the game felt shallow.

Has anyone played Shadow of Mordor? I went in Gamestop tonight at the mall and saw it. It had great reviews so I ordered it off Amazon as it was the same price for a new copy. It is an open world fantasy game with supposedly incredibly game play. It sounds like it is right up my wheel house which would be nice.

I'm still looking for a GREAT next gen game. Thus far, I think Titanfall is the best, but it doesn't have that mind boggling story that sucks you in, obviously. Destiny was sort of monotonous. I liked the gameplay (huge Halo fan) but the game felt shallow.

Destiny was such a let down, shoot, shoot, shoot and repeat. GTA V for PS4 might be the game to get.

Far Cry 4 coming out in two weeks

Will it matter I haven't played 1-3?
It shouldn't matter with Farcry Classic as that had Alien/Timetravel theme sprinkled in the story and from what I understand the later games dropped that angle altogether.

I put Destiny in this evening for the first time in around 3 weeks- maybe more. Yea I'm just not finding it to be a compelling game. It is a bit of a disappointment. It just feels monotonous and redundant at every turn. The variety of game types is nice, but they are the same thing over and over. Bungie really screwed up. They should have thrown DLC out by now. I've played the same strikes a bunch.

I also don't understand why the big missions don't have the ability to matchmake.

So my buddys and I used to love getting together, having some drinks and cigars and playing 4 player split-screen COD. Then they took that away in Ghost and we were all cheesed.

I'm guessing 4 player split screens not back in Advanced Warfare huh?

So my buddys and I used to love getting together, having some drinks and cigars and playing 4 player split-screen COD. Then they took that away in Ghost and we were all cheesed.

I'm guessing 4 player split screens not back in Advanced Warfare huh?

I don't have an answer, just chiming in to share your gripe with the lack of "couch co-op" in most games these days. Some of the best times I ever had playing shooters was with all four guys on one screen, sitting on a couch at a party. Goldeneye, Turok, Halo 2, we had a blast. It never occurred to me that in the rise of "social" gaming, the "social" element would be all but removed from modern games. If four of my buds want to go to our respective homes, plug in our headsets and play, there are a zillion options for us to play "together". But if we're actually sitting in the same room? Not many these days. It's sad.

[font:Book Antiqua]

PS+ has a sale for PS3 users

4 Lego games @ $ 5.39 each

I already have Marvel Lego (If you don't have the game buy it now)

This time I buy Lego Batma 2: DC Superheroes...

[/font]

(thumbs u

Been playing A L I E N Isolation and I don't think the alien was that smart in the movie.

The A.I. on that thing is nutz.

I was going to pick this one up, but now I am going to wait to get it on PS4. Whenever I can afford to get one lol

Been playing A L I E N Isolation and I don't think the alien was that smart in the movie.

The A.I. on that thing is nutz.

I was going to pick this one up, but now I am going to wait to get it on PS4. Whenever I can afford to get one lol

They made the Alien A.I. smart on purpose.

It will appear randomly everytime you die or restart from last checkpoint.