• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

I also played Destiny got to level 20, and I really really wanted to stick with it, but it was very boring! I feel like even with leveling up your character whats the point? Its the same grind over and over and over. Then I heard they are working on Destiny 2 that really just turned me off to the series because there are a lot of things they need to fix with this one first before working on another one. I suspect many others feel the same way

Are there any other superhero platform games like Arkham Asylum/City worth playing?

If you mean sandbox, I'd recommend the Infamous series, especially the second game.

Are there any other superhero platform games like Arkham Asylum/City worth playing?

If you mean sandbox, I'd recommend the Infamous series, especially the second game.

Action-Adventure, what other names are out there for this type of game? Crash Bandicoot/Ratchet/Jak&Dakster/Arkham games

Infamous sounds interesting. I have to look into it.

After playing Diablo 3 I wasn't able to find another Xbone game that grabbed me, so I have gone back to 360 for X-Com: Enemy Within. Great, great game. I miss turn based strategy.

Beat that one when it came out, on PS3, love that game. I played the Original X-Com when it was new, on PC :o:banana:

Finally playing The Last of Us.

Started slow, but it's getting good and tense.

Thought this would be more run and gun, but it's definely more of a stealth and evade game (so far)

Naughty Dog, imo, is the best video game company in the world right now. The Last Of Us, being the best video game of the last generation, and Drake 4, when it comes out, will be the best game to date of the current generation.

If you havent played their other games, get uncharted 2 and 3

Edited by CBT

Thought this would be more run and gun, but it's definely more of a stealth and evade game (so far)

Love that game. I need to replay it again once I get my ps4

Naughty Dog, imo, is the best video game company in the world right now. The Last Of Us, being the best video game of the last generation, and Drake 4, when it comes out, will be the best game to date of the current generation.

If you havent played their other games, get uncharted 2 and 3

Played and beat 1&2. Started 3 but didn't finish it.

After playing Diablo 3 I wasn't able to find another Xbone game that grabbed me, so I have gone back to 360 for X-Com: Enemy Within. Great, great game. I miss turn based strategy.

Beat that one when it came out, on PS3, love that game. I played the Original X-Com when it was new, on PC :o:banana:

I remember a buddy of mine playing the original in college. It looked so odd, but he claimed it was one of the best games he had ever played. I may go back and try it at some point, but 25 year old classics seem to hold up better when I actually played them back in the day. The nostalgia helps gloss over faults and less than stellar graphics.

Just an FYI.....below are some of the games on sale super cheap right now in the PlayStation Store.

Alice: Madness Returns Ultimate Edition.........$2.99

Battlefield: Bad Company 2..............................$2.99

Burnout Paradise Ultimate Edition...................$4.49

Crysis...............................................................$2.99

Crysis2 Maximum Edition................................$4.49

Dead Space.....................................................$2.99

Mass Effect......................................................$4.49

Mass Effect 2 Ultimate Edition.........................$10.49

Mass Effect 3...................................................$3.99