• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Also, are certain weapons only avalibe in the Hard mode? I remember getting the pipe bomb (my favorite) early on when I played on the hardest difficulty, but as I try to look for it in the lower setting I can't find it?

Can't talk, playing Destiny

You still enjoying Destiny? I played about a week ago and just found it boring. The game needs a serious update and some cleaning up.

On a related note, I picked up Halo Master Chief Collection. There are some huge matchmaking glitches that they are trying to fix and hopefully will by the end of the week.

However, playing the cleaned up Halo 2 is an experience. It is a blast! It has been years since I played. If anyone picks it up and wants someone to play co-op, hit me up with a PM.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it.

Making multiple characters in different classes, multiplayer Nightfall strikes with co-workers which are quite tough, trying to figure out the vault of glass, and the crucible.

:headbang:

I can see how some people may not like the repetitive nature of the game but I like grinding and levelling up gear a-la RPG's.

You still enjoying Destiny? I played about a week ago and just found it boring. The game needs a serious update and some cleaning up.

On a related note, I picked up Halo Master Chief Collection. There are some huge matchmaking glitches that they are trying to fix and hopefully will by the end of the week.

However, playing the cleaned up Halo 2 is an experience. It is a blast! It has been years since I played. If anyone picks it up and wants someone to play co-op, hit me up with a PM.

After defecting to PS 3, the only series I really missed was Halo. :(

Anyway,I got LEGO Batman 3.

I've been enjoying playing it :grin:

I still have Lego Batman : DC Super-Heroes to do in my PS3 backlog. A fun series. :)

Anyone else really enjoying ALIEN ISOLATION? I get a very evil glee when I sacrifice some poor sap or jerk shooting at me, to the alien. :devil:
lol

Anyway,I got LEGO Batman 3.

I've been enjoying playing it :grin:

[font:Book Antiqua]I am playing now Lego Batman 2

meh...[/font]

meh

I am looking for a good deal on this during Black Friday sales! :wishluck:

250px-Halo_Collection.jpg

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Tomorrow is huge...GTA, Far Cry, and Dragon Age Inquisition among others. I'm psyched for Dragon Age, but I want to try to whittle down my PS4 backlog before I pick it up. I have The Evil Within, Alien Isolation, Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs, and a bunch of others to work my way through.

I've been playing Halo: The Master Chief Collection. It is a shame about the multiplayer screw up, but it has been a blast to revisit some of the old games. They have this cool thing where you can do different challenges across all levels. I was playing every sniper level in each game over the weekend.

A ton of glitches if you haven't seen the news though. Patch coming Wednesday and I'm curious to see if it fixes the game.

http://playertheory.com/article/g4-officially-shutting-down-on-november-30

G4 Officially Shutting Down on Nov. 30

According to a short statement by Nebraska-based telecom company Great Plains Communications, G4 will leave airwaves on Nov. 30, 2014. The troubled gamer channel has been withering away since NBC Universal decided not to add new programs in 2013. Since then, it has been stuck with reruns of "LOST," "X-Play," "Ninja Warriors," "Cops," "Heroes," "Cheaters," and various movies.

Back in Sept. 2012, Variety reported that G4 would be rebranded with a "more sophisticated look while remaining true to its tech and video game roots." Those roots were planted back in the early 2000s, when we enjoyed shows like "Arena," "Cinematech," "Cheat!," "Portal," "Judgment Day," and more.

While that rebranding would eventually be applied elsewhere, G4 never recovered from a loss of creative vision and commitment from higher-ups. With no new programs to speak of, it's been dropping from cable networks like Time Warner and Comcast over the last year. On top of that, G4's syndication rights to "Cops," "Heroes," and "LOST" expired this last August, leaving the channel with little to offer.

"Attack of the Show," which began airing in 2005 with co-hosts Kevin Pereira and Olivia Munn, managed to garner a decent following and continued for seven years. "AOTS" ran the gamut of tech reviews, pop culture parodies, and general daily news in an attempt to inform and entertain the geek community. Despite this, ratings declined until the show was cancelled in Oct. 2012.