• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

January 2013 ComicLink Auction

221 posts in this topic

well depending on whom you spoke to so was cgc circa 1999. I would say the book is still out on CVA. The idea seems silly at first blush but that's not to say it couldn't catch on. I kinda hope not (just seems like an unnecessary PITA to me) and I think that's mostly what you're hearing in people's posts. There's already too many layers... resto check... press(?)... grading... slabbing... now cva?..... oy.

166416ux3.jpg

Do some people who bid on this auction have too much money or too little restraint? Some of these bids seem awfully high for the title/issue.

I know... there was a nice presenting 9.0 of a book that is already above GPA. Unless someone is bidding thinking that its "upgradable"... I on the other hand just figure it's VFNMness is being masked by the lack of a back cover scan or real high res scans of the book....

Do some people who bid on this auction have too much money or too little restraint? Some of these bids seem awfully high for the title/issue.

I know... there was a nice presenting 9.0 of a book that is already above GPA. Unless someone is bidding thinking that its "upgradable"... I on the other hand just figure it's VFNMness is being masked by the lack of a back cover scan or real high res scans of the book....

Well you just have to look harder beyond the key issues which are already near gpa.

My 17 books gpa out at $3100 and right now the bids are only up to $1100, so with 5 days left I would guess they will end up about $2500? They are high grade DC's mostly from 1965-67, any guesses from people where they end up?

Comiclink should just start hosting quality scans like heritage does then this "service" wouldn't be necessary at all. As it is its a nice idea if it was done in house for free but the fees i seen listed are a joke. A bad idea that will hopefully be gone once the free period is over and no one os sending in books for this.

Back cover scans would be a big step in the right direction. I can see not wanting to do them on $20 books, but for anything that could be realistically expected to approach say $250 or higher back cover scans should be mandatory. I would bet that they would even help Clink realize higher prices. It was one thing to not do them when grader notes were free, but now that there is a charge it isn't like we want to track down notes for 20 books we might be interested in, and a back cover scan will remove a lot of the mystery on books.

Comiclink should just start hosting quality scans like heritage does then this "service" wouldn't be necessary at all. As it is its a nice idea if it was done in house for free but the fees i seen listed are a joke. A bad idea that will hopefully be gone once the free period is over and no one os sending in books for this.

Back cover scans would be a big step in the right direction. I can see not wanting to do them on $20 books, but for anything that could be realistically expected to approach say $250 or higher back cover scans should be mandatory. I would bet that they would even help Clink realize higher prices. It was one thing to not do them when grader notes were free, but now that there is a charge it isn't like we want to track down notes for 20 books we might be interested in, and a back cover scan will remove a lot of the mystery on books.

Yes.

I was looking at some ASMs that present extremely well for the grade. But without a bc scan I dot want to take the risk of a big ugly stain or tear.

2c

Please pardon my ignorance, but can someone let me know what CVA stickers are?

http://cvacomics.com/index.php/the-cva-sticker2.html

Basically a 3rd party opinion of a 3rd party opinion. A printed sticker for a printed and encapsulated label.

:lol:

When it's spelled out this way it sounds like such an amazing idea. hm

Unfortunately Comiclink has shown a willful disregard for its customer's wishes to make ANY changes to its archaic site. Whether it be higher quality scans, back cover scans, a feature to watch lots without tracking bids or reporting their complete auctions to GP Analysis, they have arrogantly not budged. Makes it easier and easier NOT to do business with them. :mad:

Unfortunately Comiclink has shown a willful disregard for its customer's wishes to make ANY changes to its archaic site. Whether it be higher quality scans, back cover scans, a feature to watch lots without tracking bids or reporting their complete auctions to GP Analysis, they have arrogantly not budged. Makes it easier and easier NOT to do business with them. :mad:

Agree on the back cover scans. Comicconnect is another site that doesn't put back cover scans when they should and I agree not on every book but a threshold of around $250.00 or more sounds good.

The reporting to GPA I can understand. Unless you were able to somehow have your system automatically report the CGC sales to the GPA site you would have to hire someone full time for data entry. Time is money after all.

Does anyone else get frustrated with hoe late some of these auctions close? I was thinking of bidding on a few X-Men, but they don't end until around midnight. Gotta work early the next day and that is pretty late.

Small complaint, but I find it frustrating. I don't like just throwing in a bid a hoping for the best because if I win something, I may buy more because shipping to Canada is a lot and I would rather buy in bulk.

I wish CLINK had 'batch bidding' like Heritage. Where I could see all my bids on one page and bid on them all in one page in one fell swoop. Going through so many pages is frustrating and many times I don't even bother. Also be cool if they were linked up to gavelsnipe... that would solve the problem above also and they wouldn't have to change anything.